New What If...? Animated Series Season 2 Character Kahhori

JayC

Shown via Marvel.com is a look a new character that will be appearing in season 2 of the What If...? Animated series. Her name is Kahhori. The episode she appears in will ask the question of what would happen if the Tesseract fell to Earth and landed in the sovereign Haudenosaunee Confederacy before the colonization of America.

What-If-Kahhori.jpg

On 3/9/2023 at 10:29 PM, Atlantis said:

So this is  a brand new, original character to the series then. Looks like an interesting alt take on "What If the Vibraninum Mound landed in Madripoor instead of Wakanda?" I like her look, and it looks like it would make a good action figure.

it's making me think the Unknwon hero from the D+ wave 5 could be hero. Doubt it though as the season series is not until the end of the year at least.

On 3/9/2023 at 2:00 PM, Sparty said:

I cannot think of a worse idea for a what if.  This sounds like it might be the basis of a graduate thesis for a history degree.   

could be a cool figure though…

Definitely a departure from the more traditional, "What If Spider-Man Had Killed the Green Goblin"  type stories.  Wonder why they're going so far afield. 

Wow what a title. That will look good written across the windowless packaging.

As far as the character, I'm interested to see how this plays out. The comics What If? would do things like this every now and again. It could be a fun departure from the norm.

That being said...  still hoping that Hasbro would just stop with the What If? figures. For all the usual reasons ( aesthrics, no place for them in my collection) but especially if there is any truth to the rumor that BAFs will be reduced or eliminated then these animated figures will only take up a spot for live action D+ characters

Yeah like I was saying in the other thread, Ya a Made up character, she looks cool enough, she has a Disney Princess vibe, I bet they will be making an Legend of her, seems like a character they are going to push, not sure why they couldn't have just used an exisiting character though? couldn't an alt reality Dani Moonstar or Silver Fox been the star of this episode? ah well.

On 3/9/2023 at 10:42 PM, Atlantis said:

Yeah you read me totally wrong. My comment was about how what if stories typically deal with superbeings we already know, seen in alternate, different circumstances, not brand new characters. I dont see how this as "woke" or whatever label people put to it. 

We don't need Disney or Marvel to give us a history lesson, or even a What If? history lesson. Just make good and entertaining stories, that's all. What If? was a cool concept at one time but like everything else Disney does they're gonna turn it into a lecture. This has nothing to do with Superheroes or Marvel characters, but if it's a good show at it's root I'll watch it. As usual, with most of what Disney does, I'll let others go through the trouble of watching the first few episodes and then decide if it's worth my time. I saved myself so much wasted time by doing this and deciding not to even bother with Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel or She-Hulk, though she is one of my all-time favorite characters.

Season 1 didn't really do it for me and indeed it was uninspiring, it was entertaining but not memorable enough, I was even surprised to realize that show actually came out and left no impression to speak of.  And yes what if comic books also mostly sucked but they would grab you with those shocking titles and once in a while give you a really cool story. I'm not sure if going with same approach with season 2 but if they feel strongly about this story I'm willing to give it a try. However, it makes me think that Marvel Studious is not giving creators of series the same freedom comic book writers had so this could explain why they ended up creating something new that doesn't really connect to MCU.