Your best Marvel Legends steals

Hogun

What are some of your best Marvel Legends steals where you got a figure at a reduced price and got more bang for your buck or traded for a figure that you thought was well worth the trade? No figure swaps or posts like "I scammed this guy by sending him x figure but x figure may be broken or missing some accessories". Nothing that makes you look like a total scumbag. If you felt the trade was lopsided, do not brag about it. Just mention it, but be sure to mention that both parties agreed to the trade. Also, Building BAFs do not count. They are meant to be 'free'.

My biggest steal was when I was at a local Walmart in a neighboring town and I found Namor from the Black Panther wave along with some other figures. I asked one of the employees to scan them and he told me that Namor was only 7$ CDN. I have no idea why. But I immediately jumped at the opportunity and I basically robbed the best Namor figure. The box was dented on the front and aside from the Okoye arms moving in the box. The figure and back of the box were intact.

I traded my purple glowing Black Panther figure and Proxima Midnight from the Infinity War Thanos wave for a guy's 2016 Sandman BAF. Let me repeat that Purple Black Panther and the old Proxima Midnight for the Sandman BAF, and he paid for shipping. I have always wanted that Sandman BAF. But aside from Spider-Man 2099 and Symbiote Spider-Man, I had no interest in any figures from that wave and I deemed it one of my unobtainables. The trader was very nice and we had a straight conversation. While I did not want to depart from my purple Black Panther and wanted to offer him the regular one instead. I knew it was too good to pass up and we agreed to the trade. No scum bag deals were involved in this trade. Just wanted to make that clear. What ended up being a bigger steal for me was that about a month later, Hasbro announced a re-release of the purple black panther. But nobody can predict the future.

I've got a couple examples of a "steal" but neither were deals or reduced price. But I think they meet your criteria of getting Legends at a great "price", involved no shenanigans or any douchery on my part:

The first "steal": a buddy and I split the cost of the Amazon exclusive Wolverine set. I only wanted the shirtless Wolverine and Cyber and it worked out he only wanted the rest. By the time the set shipped my buddy was moving after getting a better job in another city. He got rid of most of his Legends and just gave me the box set. I refused but he insisted. My repayment became helping him move. I then made even more money on the deal as I sold the unwanted figures. Shirtless Wolverine is one of my favorite versions to this day.

"Steal" #2: this involved another friend who was dropping Legends for another line. She is the type of collector that is "all in" on whatever she is into and there is no room for anything else. In this case NECA horror. Since I too collect NECA I had won a raffle on a convention Exclusive Pennywise that was designed to look like a sketch or drawing. Since Clowns scare the #@$% out of me I proposed a trade. I offered the Pennywise exclusive and in return I got the classic Colossus from the Juggernaut box set, Web Man, and Symbiote Spider-Man on Retro card. I offered one for one but she was given the two Spidey's and didn't really want them (fear of spiders?) so to her she got an even trade. And Colossus is a favorite since the old XMen arcade game.

Other minor "steals" I can mention are ordering 2 Mr Knight figures from Pulse and getting 1 Mr K and 1 standard MK. Reported the error and Pulse replaced and let me keep the other MK. The show was terrible but the figure is a thing of beauty. So 3 figures for the price of 2.

And finally I found a Walmart Exclusive Selma Hayek Eternals figure in their clearance aisle on the day it was released.  I was not thrilled about getting ANY of the Eternals but to get it for $10 was very much a "steal" in my book

i did got some deals on ebay back in my first few years of collecting say 2014 - 2016 altho i don't remember a lot of the specifics, just getting pretty good deals on the Marvel Universe Galactus, and the Terrax BAF.

Recently have been catching up on 2022/2021 figures at clearance prices.  For $12.50 each picked up Classic Loki and Everett Ross at Target as well as classic Havok,  Okoye and Hatut Zeraze (which finished Attuma) from Besy Buy.  For $10 or less picked up Ben and Reed from retro FF wave at Kids Warehouse as well as the Vault Guardsman from the Ursa Major wave on Amazon. Have hit some other good sales in the past year such as Benn's store sale as well as Deep Discount.

These days i am mostly pretty patient and will wait for moderate sales for stuff on my must buy list but can wait a long time for anything thats more in the "maybe" category. Almost all of my figures are bought on sale, with some exceptions made for exclusives (especially if i see them in store) plus a rare impulse buy at msrp

Supposedly Hasbro is cutting back on the size of runs (according to rektangular and nerdzoic, i guess) by like 30% which would certainly impact how much of this stuff ends up on clearance. I'll see it when i believe it but until then will continue playing the long game.  i'm mostly content with my collection anyhow so if i miss out on a few characters not the end of the world, its happened before and will happen again

I got Citizen V for like ten bucks from Best Buy. I was happy with that.

Amazon does some random, dramatic discounts every once in a while. I really wanted Maggott and to finish Bonebreaker, and Amazon accommodated with a random $7 discount.

I’m hoping to find a deal on The Hood. I’m planning to use him as Scrambler from the Marauders.

• 3 weeks later...

I have got a ton of great steals over the years, I think my best gets though had to have been, I got Odinson Thor, Raganarok Loki, Ragnarok Thor and Netflix Daredevil new in box for 15$ (The whole lot!) and they were all pretty new figures when this happened, turned out the guy just had to many and wanted to get them out of the store, I also got at another local store MCU Astral Strange for $2, and Sentry for $4, both in box, at one point ended up getting for a con, new in box Cottonmouth, Hawkeye (Odin Wave) for 6 bucks both of them. But I always thought my best pick up was Juggernaut Wave Rogue for 20 when she was almost impossible to find, also did get Sasaquatch wave Cable for 10, Walgreens Torch for 10. Archangel deluxe for 15, all when they were new.