Marvel Legends Disney+ Wave 5 First Look?!?

JayC

A very tiny image has slipped out via Reddit of what appears to be the next wave of Marvel Legends Disney+ figures. It looks like the figures shown include Hawkeye Series Kingpin, Hawkeye Series Yelena, Secret Invasion Nick Fury, Secret Invasion Talos, WandaVision Agatha, WandaVision Monica Rambeau (Maybe) and What If...? Gamora. Gamora is the only figure from this wave Hasbro has officially revealed.

The Build-A-Figure seems to be some kind of silver armor figure with a jetpack. Possibly a variation of the Hydra Stomper, even though that is just a guess on my part. Hopefully a better quality version of this image will pop up soon so we can get a better look at these.

333592940_256021176760148_6807626747815781958_n 2.jpg

Disney-Plus-Wave-5-02__scaled_800.jpg

On 3/17/2023 at 10:33 AM, tarot said:

I thought it was Monica as well but someone pointed out to me that it had a What If...? logo on it. Maybe it's an episode where her Mother became Captain Marvel instead and would lead into her role into the illuminatti.

Yeah hard to say. Surprised this character isn't getting a figure but I dont think that is what it is.

What-If-Kahhori__scaled_800.jpg

Ugh another random What If figure shoved in there. I don’t recognize that character or the BAF at all, so that makes me think they’re from the next season of What If. The BAF could also just be any sort of generic robot from anything, maybe Secret Invasion? Wishful thinking lol. Our last BAF was MCU though so I guess What If is next on the table. 

I hope we get better images soon because I have no idea when Hasbro will show off this wave. They have to wait for at least confirmation of Secret Invasion’s release date probably and now likely also What If s2.Good looking wave so far though, EXCELLENT character selection, aside from the mystery 7th figure and BAF.

Only 2 What If? characters is nice.  Though the possible BAF worries me. Especially if it is another version of the Hydra Stomper. That turd is still full price and plentiful at many near by Best Buy stores. 

though I'm wondering if the BAF is Skrull related. Like an Armored Skrull for some reason. It's super blurry but one of the accessories ( near the guy on bottom row, far left) may be a skrull head. Or could be an alternate head for Talos.. 

As far as the 1st Nations character not getting a figure, I wonder if because she is all new, Hasbro fears she wouldn't sell? Ha or maybe the figure that may or not be Monica is a super powered version of the new character. Ugh.. too blurry.. let the speculation begin

On 3/17/2023 at 2:48 PM, McHogan said:

though I'm wondering if the BAF is Skrull related. Like an Armored Skrull for some reason. It's super blurry but one of the accessories ( near the guy on bottom row, car left) may be a skrull head. Or could be an alternate head for Talos.. 

that is definitely for Talos. But I do like the idea of an armored Skrull. Maybe that is what Gravik is going to look.

Agreed. The more I looked at the pic, the more obvious it became that Talos will have a human and a Skrull head. Which is also good news, as I was  trying to convert the Star Wars head of Ben Mendelssohn on a Legends suit body to get that same look. This is much easier 

Looks like Monica from the final couple episodes of WandVision to me, but not sure why she's a What If figure.  Kingpin looks a bit small.  Can't really tell though. From the baf pieces I can see I'm guessing Mk II Hydra Stomper. Like a streamlined one since he survived into the future. It Definitely isn't a repaint of the other one. It's way too small, that thing is huge.

Really want Monica? Kingpin, Yelena, Agatha. The Gamora looks cool, but these figures based on a single/couple appearance What if looks are kind of a slap in the face to all fans of the many "never been mades" out the there. Talos and Fury are kinda boring, but a good update on Fury will be cool.

On 3/17/2023 at 8:18 AM, since83 said:

Looks like Monica from the final couple episodes of WandVision to me, but not sure why she's a What If figure.  Kingpin looks a bit small.  Can't really tell though. From the baf pieces I can see I'm guessing Mk II Hydra Stomper. Like a streamlined one since he survived into the future. It Definitely isn't a repaint of the other one. It's way too small, that thing is huge.

Really want Monica? Kingpin, Yelena, Agatha. The Gamora looks cool, but these figures based on a single/couple appearance What if looks are kind of a slap in the face to all fans of the many "never been mades" out the there. Talos and Fury are kinda boring, but a good update on Fury will be cool.

Yeah, I'm assuming Kingpin is on the Happy Hogan/Hammerhead body. Not a terrible choice, especially since in the Netflix show he was just a large normal dude. I think he was a bit larger in Hawkeye but I'm just happy to finally have a MCU Kingpin. Also he doesn't have a BAF piece so I think maybe he's double-packed?? He's probably the most obvious choice aside from Fury.

On 3/17/2023 at 8:09 AM, tarot said:

Looking at the mysterious figure more, it's look more like a man then a woman. 

Pulling up the image on my computer and zooming in as much as possible, there's some definite blue on the chest and what looks like a helmet. I'm gonna guess a new character, it does look more like a male body.

Oh interesting, too bad the picture is so small it's hard to actually make out many details, No clue what that BAF is, and that "Monica Rambeau" figure doesn't seem to be Monica, I am sure that's a male body, not sure who it could be but it is What If so the look is going to be a bit different, sorta does look like either Vance Astro potentially or US Agent in a variation of his 90s look (minus the red boots) it's an interpretation in animated form so it could be a ton of things, but I don't think it's Monica.

would have probably wanted at least Yelena from this wave, since I love that look for her, but I've decided I'm done completely with MCU so I won't buy any of these, only What If figures I'd get are Zombies and maybe some unique characters who look comic enough, let's see what Kingpin looks like though before I say no movie figures, because I was dumb enough to miss both BAF Kingpin (sold the parts) and never got the Deluxe Retro, so maybe this Kingpin will have to be a comic enough figure.

Boy that Fury looks to be very limited by his coat and will hinder his articulation. I imagine Nick will be sporting a more tactical outfit at some point and the leaked version could be for his obligatory "I'm a bad @$$" poses. 

I know it's nearly impossible to tell but my mind keeps speculating on the BAF..  is it a What If? BAF? MCU live action? Outside the possibility of a brand new character it could be a version of Iron Man, Ultron... something from. D+ show ? Gah.. cmon Hasbro the cat is out of the bag, let's get some confirmation haha

So besides the ones we knew about already, we've got another What If? figure...come on. Not really a fan of the What If? figures, cause I don't have a spot for them in my collection and was hoping that the unknown figure would be either Emilia Clarke's character or at least a She Hulk Daredevil. Or since you're gonna do What If? figures give collectors the chance to complete the Guardians of the Multiverse (Thor and Black Widow are missing). Anyway it looks like this could be a character from the second season.

As far as the BAF goes, I really don't know what it could be. The jetpack makes me think Hydra Stomper, but why would we need another one? Perhaps if it is a new version from the second season, but still a wasted opportunity. Or it could just be something else entirely, like some people are speculating a Secret Invasion character. Hopefully we'll find out soon. 

PS. Does Nick have his beanie, or is it just me? I know it's hard to tell, but I think I can see a darker shade on the upper part of his head. 

On 3/17/2023 at 11:52 AM, Ironspider428 said:

Yeah, I'm assuming Kingpin is on the Happy Hogan/Hammerhead body. Not a terrible choice, especially since in the Netflix show he was just a large normal dude. I think he was a bit larger in Hawkeye but I'm just happy to finally have a MCU Kingpin. Also he doesn't have a BAF piece so I think maybe he's double-packed?? He's probably the most obvious choice aside from Fury.

The Happy Hogan body is too small. Vincent D' Onofrio is taller than Samuel L Jackson and that Kingpin figure is very clearly shorter than the Nick Fury figure. Kingpin should have a brand new body which could lead to other big characters in suits.

So over the D+ stuff, particularly the What If? nonsense. That bucket is literally limitless with what kinda BS weirdo, backwards garbage they can straight pull out of their keisters.

I'll probably only get Kingpin out of this set. He shoulda been done years ago. I am very interested in seeing how this set does however, as it's predominantly female. Personally, I do feel that a mostly or even all female wave would do fairly well, if the content were good enough, but this ain't that. These are really weak character choices. If it does sell bad I'm certain it'll be more based on the character selection rather than the fact that it's it contains more female characters, but it'll be interpreted as the old "female figures don't sell" trope and they'll revert back to the same 1 or 2 females per wave bit. If this was a test run for Hasbro I wish it had been a much stronger showing.

In regards to MCU/Disney+ figures I reverted to a "get what I like" approach a long time ago, and it seems to hold with the general fandom as the ones I like are always the hardest to track down in the wild, and my general feeling with this one is Kingpin goes first, SI Fury goes next (assuming he gets a new mold), Monica a very distant third, and Gamora will get a little movement at fourth and Agatha, Yelena and Talos just clutter the shelves. And I really hope the BAF isn't something I want or like, but if it is What If? based I can be comfortable that even if it is cool I can do without.

On 3/18/2023 at 6:21 AM, monron999 said:

So over the D+ stuff, particularly the What If? nonsense. That bucket is literally limitless with what kinda BS weirdo, backwards garbage they can straight pull out of their keisters.

I'll probably only get Kingpin out of this set. He shoulda been done years ago. I am very interested in seeing how this set does however, as it's predominantly female. Personally, I do feel that a mostly or even all female wave would do fairly well, if the content were good enough, but this ain't that. These are really weak character choices. If it does sell bad I'm certain it'll be more based on the character selection rather than the fact that it's it contains more female characters, but it'll be interpreted as the old "female figures don't sell" trope and they'll revert back to the same 1 or 2 females per wave bit. If this was a test run for Hasbro I wish it had been a much stronger showing.

In regards to MCU/Disney+ figures I reverted to a "get what I like" approach a long time ago, and it seems to hold with the general fandom as the ones I like are always the hardest to track down in the wild, and my general feeling with this one is Kingpin goes first, SI Fury goes next (assuming he gets a new mold), Monica a very distant third, and Gamora will get a little movement at fourth and Agatha, Yelena and Talos just clutter the shelves. And I really hope the BAF isn't something I want or like, but if it is What If? based I can be comfortable that even if it is cool I can do without.

In my opinion, this wave is freaking stacked. Kingpin is an obvious winner, but I and many other people have wanted Agatha and Yelena both for a while now. Even Gamora I was excited for as she has a really cool design in What If. Talos and Fury I’ll have to wait and see the show to be excited for but they’re definitely staples of it. It’s really good to finally have a human Talos head. It’s just that mystery What If figure and BAF that I can’t get behind, I wish they would stop just throwing those in there. Gamora is a rare exception but that 7th slot should have gone to yellow suit Daredevil.

Wouldn't be surprised if the BaF is some sort of spoiler for Secret Invasion. If it's another version of a Hydra Stomper, I'll be very disappointed. 

I was looking at this horrible blurry picture of the Bigfoot, I mean new D+ Wave, and I was thinking is the BAF Medieval Hydra Stomper? wasn't there an episode that was in the past or something, I think I remember seeing a Silver Medieval Hydra Stomper, that seems like unless I dreamt that up, that seems like a likely candidate for the BAF

Kingpin wore that outfit when he went to meet Kate's mother. 

Apparently there's a different version of the Hydra Stomper in the second season of What If...? Sigh...