Marvel Legends Disney+ Wave 5 First Look?!?

JayC

The more I look at this, the less excited I am. I was looking on my phone before. After looking on my computer, that probably is not Monica. Kingpin looks even smaller. If he's on the Happy body, it's a no go. It might be down to Agatha and Yelena. I only got the Hydra Stomper cause I found him on sale, he is a cool big figure, but another smaller version? Idk.

On 3/21/2023 at 4:17 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

I'm surprised we have not gotten a better looking pic yet, why take just one bad pic and leave the room you know?

Some do it just have have bragging rights that they revealed them first. Others tend to tease, by making the reveals as slow as possible

On 3/22/2023 at 3:55 AM, leokearon said:

Some do it just have have bragging rights that they revealed them first. Others tend to tease, by making the reveals as slow as possible

Yeah of course, but I just don't seem to get the brag, like if you were actually a cool daddyio post a high res pic of the wave, for all we know these could be really well done customs, so the bragging isn't even justified, if I caught a tiger with my bare hands why would I show people a picture that was blurry and nobody could tell if it was me or not?

anyways whatever, if this is anything like the Spider-Verse wave, these foggy pics will be all we see until Hasbro actually announces, since after the Spider-Verse pics leaked we saw nothing more ever again.

I wish my dream came true last night, we got a reveal for a new Venom wave....😅

On 3/22/2023 at 9:29 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah of course, but I just don't seem to get the brag, like if you were actually a cool daddyio post a high res pic of the wave, for all we know these could be really well done customs, so the bragging isn't even justified, if I caught a tiger with my bare hands why would I show people a picture that was blurry and nobody could tell if it was me or not?

anyways whatever, if this is anything like the Spider-Verse wave, these foggy pics will be all we see until Hasbro actually announces, since after the Spider-Verse pics leaked we saw nothing more ever again.

Hints and teases aren't really "information" per se.  If something is to be reveals, I want to flat-out KNOW what I'm going to get, rather than get bits and suggestions of it.  One of the six great human needs is a desire for significance, but it is, sadly, also one of the great faults. I agree that the better contribution is a larger rez, CLEAR pic that tells everyone what they need to know.  That will come-----we just need some patience.

On 3/17/2023 at 7:39 AM, JayC said:

Yeah hard to say. Surprised this character isn't getting a figure but I dont think that is what it is.

What-If-Kahhori__scaled_800.jpg

A plausible idea, I think I have an idea of who this may be. Recently Laurence Fishburne claimed to be going into what if s2 as bill foster goliath that mystery what if character looks very much like goliath

• 2 months later...

Package images for two of the figures in the next Disney+ wave have surfaced on social media. The images show the Hawkeye Series Kingpin and Invasion Nick Fury. From the packaging we can see the BAF in the wave will be some type of Hydra Stopmer. Below is an unconfirmed listing of the entire wave which Hasbro has yet to official confirm other than the Gamora figure. We saw a very low-res image of this wave leak out several months ago.

- Gamora (What If?)
- Kingpin (Hawkeye Series)
- Yelena (Hawkeye Series)
- Agatha Harkness (Wanda Vision/Agatha)
- Nick Fury (Secret Invasion)
- Talos (Secret Invasion)
- Unknown Figure

DisneyPlus-Kingpin.jpg

On 6/21/2023 at 8:11 PM, MeGrimlock78 said:

Ah, but will my Shadow King head fit on this new Kingpin body?

well, if it doesn't fit on Happy Hogan, it doesn't fit on this figure.

That being said it looking more and more like it will be Agatha and maybe Talos and whatever that mystery What if figure is.

I'm more of a comic figure guy, but often like to get some of these figures for custom work, especially if they're on clearance! Both of these figures shown (Fury and Kingpin) look like they'd be fantastic for that purpose. I'm most looking forward to Agatha since I don't have a figure of that character at all yet. Of course I'd personally prefer a comic version, but the MCU version can act as stand in for now.

On 6/21/2023 at 2:11 PM, MeGrimlock78 said:

Ah, but will my Shadow King head fit on this new Kingpin body?

I know that the Shadow King head was supposedly intended for the Kingpin BAF body, but I've got it on the Joe Fixit BAF and it looks great on there (as does the Apocalypse head). There are also additional opportunities coming for a larger suited body for that Shadow King head with Joe Fixit figures as there's the already announced new exclusive Joe Fixit figure in the pinstripes. I also believe that there is a not quite yet announced Joe Fixit and Patch Wolverine 2-pack coming out during the first half of 2024 (along with several other Wolverine 2-packs for his anniversary). So if you don't yet have a larger suited body for that Shadow King head, there are more opportunities coming!

Wow that Kingpin looks pretty puny with that huge head. I was hoping for something more like how he appeared in the Hawkeye show. It seems like they actually made him look bigger than he was in the DD series. I'm all in for a new Fury and hopefully he comes with an alternate head but they missed the mark with Kingpin. Maybe it's just the perspective because it looks like the pictures were taken from above but it almost just looks like a huge melon head on the Hammerhead body. Hopefully I'm wrong and it is just the pictures.

That's a render on the box and not a photo, and sometimes things in the box are not exactly as they appear in the render. That said, what's on the box is usually at least a good indication ("approximation" or whatever you want to call it) of what's inside, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if it looks pretty much exactly like it does there. A pretty good D'Onofrio Kingpin head stuck on a Happy Hogan body, which while larger than the other suited bodies, is still much too small for Fisk - even the Netflix version.

Earlier today we saw an image pop up online showing off the Hawkeye series Kingpin and Secret Invasion Nick Fury figures from Hasbro's 5th Disney+ Marvel Legends wave. Now we have another image that has popped up on social media giving us our first real look at most of the other figures in the wave. Note the Mantis figure seen in the image is NOT part of the wave. Shown are the following:

- Gamora (What If?)
- Kingpin (Hawkeye Series)
- Yelena (Hawkeye Series)
- Agatha Harkness (Wanda Vision/Agatha)
- Nick Fury (Secret Invasion)

Not shown is the Talos (Secret Invasion) and the unknown final figure in the wave. Also not shown is the Build-A-Figure which may based on things that have not been seen on-screen yet and hence might be considered spoilerish. We know from the packaging the Build-A-Figure will be some kind of Hydra Stomper even though we have yet to see the actual figure in any real way.

Disney-Plus-Wave-5.jpg

Man Hasbro you are telling me this is the best BAF you could come up with for this wave? why would anybody feel compelled to build that, it's just a slightly different version of a figure we already get like a year ago, poor choice there, I thought this was going to be the BAF though, sad I was right, there are tons of better options, the actual figures in this wave look pretty nice though (at least the renders do), except Kingpin looks a bit bobblehead'ish, be interesting to see what that What If Goliath looks like, this wave is a Pass for me, but maybe if Goliath has some slip into a comic display potential we'll see about getting him.

but man that BAF choice..what cha thinking, or likely not putting much thought. Anyone happy that's the BAF?

On 6/22/2023 at 12:35 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Man Hasbro you are telling me this is the best BAF you could come up with for this wave? why would anybody feel compelled to build that, it's just a slightly different version of a figure we already get like a year ago, poor choice there, I thought this was going to be the BAF though, sad I was right, there are tons of better options, the actual figures in this wave look pretty nice though (at least the renders do), except Kingpin looks a bit bobblehead'ish, be interesting to see what that What If Goliath looks like, this wave is a Pass for me, but maybe if Goliath has some slip into a comic display potential we'll see about getting him.

but man that BAF choice..what cha thinking, or likely not putting much thought. Anyone happy that's the BAF?

well, to be fair the second series would have been out by now if the delays and rescheduling didn't happen. If it was out people may be more hyped for this. Not really Hasbro's fault this time and there really isn't anything from the upcoming show that they could make. Yes they could have gone back and done a few characters from older series but beyond the 2 Goddesses from Moon Knight, there really isn't anything as a BAF size left.

Not to mention this wave has 2 from the current series and 3 older characters, plus what ever you consider Gamora as she is old and new (didn't get her episode yet). They needed something that wasn't known.