Marvel Legends Disney+ Wave 5 First Look?!?

JayC

On 8/7/2023 at 11:03 AM, tarot said:

I will get Agatha because she is a new character until the Comic version comes (which will probably be her younger modern form) and may get the Goliath and Talos. All depends on my money at the end of the week.

Mann I might be the only person around, who really wants the more modern younger version of Agatha, way over her classic old lady look, her young look is wonderful, I hope they do that one first personally.

On 8/7/2023 at 4:16 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Mann I might be the only person around, who really wants the more modern younger version of Agatha, way over her classic old lady look, her young look is wonderful, I hope they do that one first personally.

Agreed. If I had to choose between a bitter old woman version over the new hotness (literally), then I'm going with the new hotness

Plus she would be easy to do with the MCU Sersi figure as the base.

agathaharkness01b.webp

agathaharkness02b.webp

I'm not the biggest fan of MCU figures in general and only normally only buy them when no comic figure of that character been made (like for Agatha), but there are several figures in this wave that can really work well for kitbashing. That Gamora is my least favorite figure of this wave, but I'll likely have to at least try to see how the Veranke head looks on her.

My plan right now is to add Agatha to the back corner of my Fantastic Four display where she'll join in on an existing conversation with Stan Lee, Mobius and the Watchers. 😁

On 8/7/2023 at 5:45 PM, Atlantis said:

Disney+ has their version and that's fine. Far as the comics go, I'll take the old crone classic look over any. When Agatha showed up, you knew this is someone to take seriously. Gravitas, presence...She's got the power, and she EARNED that. 

ag.jpg

Yeah, I still don't buy Agatha when young was Kathryn Hahn, especially when we have already seen young Agatha

The head sculpt on Kingpin is really good, but I still think he's undersized. I'd like to see some better pictures of him next to Kate or something. I want Yelena and probably Agatha. But I have to pass on the rest. Fury looks skinny and un posable. Talos just looks boring. Goliath is kinda interesting but I think I'm just done with What if figures in general. 

Dan Yun has announced that the Hasbro Disney+ Marvel Legends Hydra Stomper 6-inch Scale Figure Wave will be available tomorrow August 9th at 1 pm EST from places like our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth! The wave is set to include Talos (Secret Invasion), Kingpin (Hawkeye Series), Goliath (What If?), Yelena (Hawkeye Series), Gamora (What If?), Agatha Harkness (Wanda Vision/Agatha) and (Secret Invasion) Nick Fury. The Build-a-figure for this wave is the Hydra Stomper.

Fury.2.jpg

Fury.3.jpg

Fury.4.jpg

Fury.5.jpg

Gamora.1.jpg

Gamora.2.jpg

Gamora.3.jpg

Gamora.4.jpg

Goliath.1.jpg

Goliath.2.jpg

Goliath.3.jpg

Goliath.4.jpg

Kingpin.1.jpg

Kingpin.2.jpg

Kingpin.3.jpg

Kingpin.4.jpg

Yelena.1.jpg

Yelena.2.jpg

Yelena.3.jpg

Yelena.4.jpg

Agatha.1.jpg

Agatha.2.jpg

Agatha.3.jpg

Agatha.4.jpg

Talos.2.jpg

Talos.3.jpg

Talos.4.jpg

Talos.5.jpg

On 8/8/2023 at 7:29 AM, since83 said:

"The head sculpt on Kingpin is really good, but I still think he's undersized. ....Goliath is kinda interesting but I think I'm just done with What if ..."

Agree, Kingpin is on some serious chicken legs there. They just stuck his head on a body buck, but didn't make it in proportion. I can see that using comic Legends Kingpin legs wouldn't have worked, but this was their "good enough" workmanship. The Giant-Man is also a pass, though I do like the shade of blue they used. That might look good on MAULER if they ever decide to do him.

On 8/9/2023 at 8:19 AM, JohnF said:

It's Kingpin and Yelena for  me. I want a Nick Fury and there's nothing wrong with this one, but I'll wait to see how the Infinity Saga one looks like first. 

Same here about Nick, nothing wrong with this one, but it's too far off of any comic look, I don't have a Nick and I'd really like one, I wished I'd have not passed for so long on the classic Fury many years ago, but I'm very curious about what the Inifnity Saga Nick might look like, because he could easily pop into a comic display as Ultimate Fury if it looks like what I hope it does, which is an updated version of the one from the SHIELD box set.

On 8/9/2023 at 8:36 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Same here about Nick, nothing wrong with this one, but it's too far off of any comic look, I don't have a Nick and I'd really like one, I wished I'd have not passed for so long on the classic Fury many years ago, but I'm very curious about what the Inifnity Saga Nick might look like, because he could easily pop into a comic display as Ultimate Fury if it looks like what I hope it does, which is an updated version of the one from the SHIELD box set.

Fury is supposed to be based on the Avengers movie, so he'll probably be almost the exact same figure as the Secret Invasion version just with a different coat and a new head. If we're lucky maybe they'll give him the pinless legs from Mr Knight and the pinless arms from Rose.

On 8/9/2023 at 12:13 PM, Ironspider428 said:

Fury is supposed to be based on the Avengers movie, so he'll probably be almost the exact same figure as the Secret Invasion version just with a different coat and a new head. If we're lucky maybe they'll give him the pinless legs from Mr Knight and the pinless arms from Rose.

Oh he's supposed to be the Avengers Movie Nick Fury, that's more or less what I was thinking he'd be like, but however since I made this post I stumbled upon the rumour that we might be getting a Nick/Dum Dum/Sharon Carter potential 3 Pack next year, so I'll maybe just wait to see if that pans out, the recent leaking as of this year has been pretty much spot on accurate so I can only hope some of these rumours will turn out true for next year. I'd rather not fudge in a MCU figure if I don't have to.

The Hasbro Disney+ Marvel Legends Hydra Stomper 6-inch Scale Figure Wave are now available from places like our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth! The wave is set to include Talos (Secret Invasion), Kingpin (Hawkeye Series), Goliath (What If?), Yelena (Hawkeye Series), Gamora (What If?), Agatha Harkness (Wanda Vision/Agatha) and (Secret Invasion) Nick Fury. The Build-a-figure for this wave is the Hydra Stomper.

Disney.Plus.Wave.11.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.12.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.13.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.14.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.15.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.16.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.17.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.18.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.19.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.20.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.21.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.22.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.23.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.24.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.25.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.26.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.27.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.28.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.29.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.30.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.31.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.32.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.33.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.34.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.35.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.36.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.37.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.38.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.39.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.40.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.41.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.42.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.43.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.44.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.45.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.46.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.47.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.48.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.49.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.50.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.51.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.52.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.53.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.54.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.55.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.56.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.57.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.58.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.59.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.60.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.61.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.62.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.63.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.64.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.65.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.66.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.67.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.68.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.69.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.70.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.71.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.72.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.73.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.74.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.75.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.76.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.77.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.78.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.79.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.80.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.81.jpg

Disney.Plus.Wave.82.jpg

On 8/9/2023 at 6:36 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

he could easily pop into a comic display as Ultimate Fury if it looks like what I hope it does, which is an updated version of the one from the SHIELD box set.

I believe that this will be what we get more or less. Hopefully the updates they make on the figure are decent and worth it. 

I pre-ordered the full wave plus an extra Talos. Agatha is easily the one that I'm most interested in and Gamora is the one that I just swallowed hard and bought anyway for the BAF part, although I've already got multiple thoughts on how I could use that body for customs.