A Second Marvel Legends Squadron Supreme 2-Pack Coming In 2023?!?

JayC

On 3/20/2023 at 6:03 AM, tarot said:

That's awesome news. Now just Wonder wom.....I mean Power Princess left.

If they did do Zarda, it would be a chance to break out the She-Hulk model from the Super Skrull BAF and modify it. I thought for sure when that came out  (what, four years ago?),  hasbo was going to re-do Valkyrie and Thundra on that mold. 

• 1 month later...

I was whining about this set before, cause we already have Nighthawk and just wanted Power Princess to finish the team. But this new Nighthawk is so good! Get to fill an Avengers roster spot to boot! (although that triggers my Hellcharger sadness) Not sure who we will get Power Princess with, but she hopefully gets here sooner than Rachel Summers, or Marina, or Namorita. I would really like to finish A team at some point! Lol

Whizzer looks cool too btw.

Whizzer, Blur, Speed Demon. Three names but two identities. Yeah, I get mixed up on those. Lol! This guy gets confusing. Am I wrong, or is the Blur on the Coulson/Mephisto team actually the guy that was Speed Demon, even though he was the "bad" Whizzer who stayed on Earth 616. Or am I wrong? I'm not sure I'm remembering that right.

On 5/22/2023 at 10:32 AM, since83 said:

Whizzer, Blur, Speed Demon. Three names but two identities. Yeah, I get mixed up on those. Lol! This guy gets confusing. Am I wrong, or is the Blur on the Coulson/Mephisto team actually the guy that was Speed Demon, even though he was the "bad" Whizzer who stayed on Earth 616. Or am I wrong? I'm not sure I'm remembering that right.

Different guy. Coulson's Squadron Supreme are all artificial humans. Blur in particular is a pastiche of the original Squadron Supreme Whizzer but with a less silly name.

On 5/22/2023 at 10:48 AM, watanabefan said:

Different guy. Coulson's Squadron Supreme are all artificial humans. Blur in particular is a pastiche of the original Squadron Supreme Whizzer but with a less silly name.

Ok so Stanley Stewart is the first Whizzer then becomes Blur, and whatever his first name is Sanders is the 2nd Whizzer and then becomes Speed Demon? Right? Idk, for some reason I thought Sanders was Coulsons Blur since they are badguys. But ok.  It's funny, I've read all the new Heroes Reborn schtuff.Just can't keep it all straight.

Whizzer/Blur almost looks like Yellowjacket. I prefer the visor look they have here for YJ, instead of the individual lenses but either would be correct. Not that interested in these two but the good thing is, they're getting made, and they help complete a team many collectors want. I myself lean to the original team more, but these being produced, its easier to see hasbo going back to the well using these figures to make the 70s-80s team. Great news.

Gotta commend Hasbro for going full pinless with both figures of this 2-pack. A nice contrast to Hyperion and Doctor Spectrum having complementary mismatched pinned limbs.

That being said, feels like a missed opportunity for a bearded alternate headsculpt for Nighthawk. Not that I want to give an ounce of respect to Jason Aaron's Avengers, but it would have been nice to have an option for his look for his brief stint as an Avenger.