A Second Marvel Legends Squadron Supreme 2-Pack Coming In 2023?!?

JayC

Not surprised to see this version of the two since the set was rumored. Glad to get this version of Nighthawk since he is an Avenger..  Blur is just fine, helps complete the team even though I'm not familiar with this version of him or the Squadron

I like what Hasbro is doing with these sets. I'll gladly pick this one up too.. and if they sell well enough maybe classic versions get made someday too. Or.... collectors without strong connections to the Squadron will say what they've got is good enough...

Either way, great set, hoping Hasbro does compete the team this time  

If they do make the comic Coulson, I hope he is a new suited body with better, more poeable arms and legs. And it would be nice to get a Clark Gregg head since that three pack one wasn't very good. And, hopefully the Zarda figure could have a new sculpt that leads to Titania finally being made!

On 5/22/2023 at 10:23 AM, Hordak Rules said:

Well, pretty much confirmed now that we'll never have the Gruenwald versions of the team.  Can't say I'm surprised but I am disappointed 

I'm confused; how does this confirm that? Did hasbo send out a statement  a la Picard, saying "the line must be drawn here, this far, no further"?

On 5/22/2023 at 3:03 PM, Atlantis said:

I'm confused; how does this confirm that? Did hasbo send out a statement  a la Picard, saying "the line must be drawn here, this far, no further"?

I'm not sure we can be sure of anything. While this Nighthawk, Blur and Hyperion are from the current 616 Squadron in the comics, I'm pretty sure the current Dr. Spectrum is a female. So that figure at least is from most of the other iterations of the Squadron over the years. I'm interested to see when/if they do Power Princess, what version it is. Personally, I'm for Gruenwald era versions and would love to see not only the core members, but all the others (and the villains) from his 12-issue series back in the mid 80's.

These are great. It's clear to see how much love and attention Hasbro gives to the movie products and its nice to see them put some of that effort into the comic props. Even though these are fairly easy and straight forward characters they are very very good. Just comparing this Nighthawk compared to the last one it head and shoulders above the last one. When reusing bodies the attention should be put all into the head sculpts and they drove this one home. More SS please.

On 5/22/2023 at 3:01 PM, ransomz said:

I will definitely pre-order this but I'm with all the others who want a Power Princess, too. Don't leave us hanging!

Not much interest for Power Princess but it WOULD be an opportunity for them to finally find some use for that She-Hulk skrull BAF mold. I thought for sure by now classic Valkyrie, Thundra would've appeared with that buck.

On 5/22/2023 at 8:29 PM, Atlantis said:

Not much interest for Power Princess but it WOULD be an opportunity for them to finally find some use for that She-Hulk skrull BAF mold. I thought for sure by now classic Valkyrie, Thundra would've appeared with that buck.

Also Volcana and Titania my two most wanted Secret Wars ladies

Mephisto's Zarda and Nighthawk from Supreme Power. That's something.

Releasing the Squadron in these 2packs is a nice idea. Sure would like to see some of the older teams that haven't been finished yet released like this. Original Guardians, maybe a Marinna/Rachel Phoenix set, and who can forget the Wrecking Crew....

I'm not gonna lie that I'm excited about these guys but the fact they made pinless Sunfire mold is for sure interesting development and it looks like they kind of fixed his shoulders, they do still look small but there's no gap in shoulders like in recent Antman, Tarantula and everyone else on that mold, it's a pity that they used pinless for the costume design that could easily work with pins, where they could easily given this treatment to Tarantula, who would benefit greatly from pinless tech due to his costume design and save us from ugly pins. 

spacer.png

Hasbro has released additional images for their upcoming Marvel Legends Squadron Supreme Nighthawk And Blur 2-Pack which will be available at places like our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth. This set likely will be going up for pre-order next month on June 6.

Hasbro's Dan Yun has also said their will be a new Marvel Legends pre-order coming tomorrow (5/24). We don't know what it will be but Dan suggested it will be something for people who who might have missed out previously along with something a little new. So basically it sounds like some kind of re-issues. My guess it will also be something that will be offered as a store exclusive. When more details become available we will be sure to update you.

0.jpg

Squadron-Supreme-2-06.jpg

Squadron-Supreme-2-07.jpg

Squadron-Supreme-2-08.jpg

Squadron-Supreme-2-09.jpg

Squadron-Supreme-2-10.jpg

Squadron-Supreme-2-11.jpg

Squadron-Supreme-2-12.jpg

On 5/22/2023 at 1:30 PM, Audie said:

So who are they gonna pair up with Power Princess?? The current team only has five 

On 5/22/2023 at 1:41 PM, tarot said:

Phil Coulson.

I would totally be cool with a PP/PC set. I was going to suggest a Mephisto/Zarda 2 pack but don't think that's in the plan. I bet it would sell like hotcakes though.

On 5/23/2023 at 7:44 PM, JayC said:

Hasbro's Dan Yun has also said their will be a new Marvel Legends pre-order coming tomorrow (5/24). We don't know what it will be but Dan suggested it will be something for people who who might have missed out previously along with something a little new. So basically it sounds like some kind of re-issues. My guess it will also be something that will be offered as a store exclusive. When more details become available we will be sure to update you.

I have no advance knowledge, but I choose to believe it’s a Mystique and Destiny two-pack, because I want Destiny badly enough to pay the additional Mystique tax.