Marvel Legends Miles Morales Spider-Man Video Game Figure Revealed

JayC

On 3/22/2023 at 3:14 PM, monron999 said:

Didn't we just get one of these (or close enough) with the Armadillo wave? Sure it had different effects and it didn't have that cat, maybe some different details, but seriously, was this necessary when there are so many other characters to do? Yawn, I coulda slept in today.

the game is out this year and miles is in it. Not hard to see why they would re-release this (with new arms by the way).

Isn't this a bit early for a re-release of this figure, in fact this figure is more expensive but lacks so many of the accessories of the previous 2o21 figure, yes it's a beautiful figure, but re-releasing this so soon seems silly, you can still find the Armadillo wave Miles in stores/e-tailers. I'm sorry this just isn't it, Armadillo wave came with 3 sets of hands, alt head and a BAF piece, this comes with a overused Cat and extra hands.

spacer.pngvs. Miles-Morales 4.jpg

spacer.png

These Gamerverse figures have fast become just like the What If? figures. Though this one looks like it is the same or very close to the comics, but the rest have no place in standard Legends collections. I've sworn off these "sub lines" altogether. Well I have since the last line when we got the Zombies. 

The animated stuff, including the upcoming Into The Spiderverse stuff as well as video game figures I have successfully calmed my inner nerd and can easily pass on.

On 3/22/2023 at 11:16 AM, tarot said:

the game is out this year and miles is in it. Not hard to see why they would re-release this (with new arms by the way).

I agree, Hasbro has been known to strike whike the Iron is hot. So a re-release of that figure is no surprise.

I wonder however if Hasbro may drop a few "skins" figures for Miles  like they did with Spidey Armor MKwhatever and the Velocity suit? I know those were shrugged at when the wave first dropped with those two Gamerverse figures but it seems they can get pretty pricey on the secondary market now. 

On 3/22/2023 at 10:16 AM, tarot said:

Ya, I knew they would have some new elements, and yeah I guess good for those who didn't get the first one but could we have done without it? It's basically the same thing. Yes, it will have it's fans, but it just doesn't seem like something the general fandom really wanted. I mean, I pre-ordered the game and it's a cool design, but with the previous version, y'know.....I'm good. Maybe it's just me.

Hands down the best figure in the Armadillo wave and it's gotten pretty pricey on the aftermarket, so I'm not surprised to see them rerelease him for the second game. Plus at $25, I'm glad for anyone who doesn't have the first one. I'm not going to be getting him though, he looks extremely similar to the first version and I don't need a 3rd Miles in the Gamerverse display. But good on them for a fair-priced much-needed re-release, unlike the Peter version.

On 3/22/2023 at 3:23 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Isn't this a bit early for a re-release of this figure, in fact this figure is more expensive but lacks so many of the accessories of the previous 2o21 figure, yes it's a beautiful figure, but re-releasing this so soon seems silly, you can still find the Armadillo wave Miles in stores/e-tailers. I'm sorry this just isn't it, Armadillo wave came with 3 sets of hands, alt head and a BAF piece, this comes with a overused Cat and extra hands.

spacer.pngvs. Miles-Morales 4.jpg

spacer.png

The only thing it's missing is the alt head. Still passed on the first one and has no desire to get it now

On 3/23/2023 at 5:58 AM, leokearon said:

The only thing it's missing is the alt head. Still passed on the first one and has no desire to get it now

Oh I thought it was just the Alt Venom Blast hands, didn't think I saw any indication the other hands were included.

On 3/23/2023 at 11:59 AM, leokearon said:

Each photo shows him with a different set of hands

Ah I didn't pay attention to that, alright well with that being the case, I guess this isn't too bad, as it's just missing the Alt Head and a BAF piece, but I still don't know if this needed a new figure so soon, since people could likely find the Armadillo wave version out there still, but I know it's because the new Spider-Man game is coming out.

They should have done this as a 2 pack with the new Game Spidey.

don't blame hasbro at all for re-releasing Miles, its just too bad that now we constantly compare the accessories coming with new figures to what we used to get with previous figures. Still if you need a Miles figure, not bad especially if you don't already have one of those cats, i guess.  pass for me though i'll stick with the into the spider-verse animated version

The new Marvel Legends Miles Morales Spider-Man Video Game figure from Hasbro is now available for pre-order at places like our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth. The retail price will be $24.99.

With Peter Parker as his mentor, Miles Morales discovers allies and enemies as the newest Spider-Man.

With over 80 years of entertainment history, Marvel has become a cornerstone of fan collections around the world. With the Marvel Legends Series, fan favorite Marvel characters are designed with premium detail and articulation for posing and display in collections. From figures to vehicles to premium roleplay items, the Marvel Legends Series offers elite character-inspired products for Marvel fans and collectors.
Product Features

6-inch scale (15.24cm)
Made of plastic
Part of the Marvel Legends Series
Premium detail
Multiple points of articulation

Box Contents

Miles Morales figure
2 Pairs of alternate hands
Invisible pair of hands
Cat

0.jpg

Miles..Game.1.jpg

Miles..Game.2.jpg

Miles..Game.4.jpg

Miles..Game.5.jpg

Miles..Game.6.jpg

Miles..Game.7.jpg

Lol. Is that first picture an actual official promo pic? If so, it's does very little to paint this product in a positive light. From the gangly rogue plastic burrs on his right wrist and left knee, to the visible background through the gaps in the ab crunch and waist swivel, to the waxy marbling on his prominent shin, to the bad paint application to the reds on both feet, what are they trying to convey here? Don't they have people to make sure this stuff doesn't happen. Sure, we all know these are things that all of the actual products are typically prone to have, but that picture only highlights the issues and makes them worse. I guess they're trying something new, but I guess there's a reason most promo pics are done on dark backgrounds or as CG renders. I'm sure it'll have no bearing on sales or whether certain customers will actually want or purchase the thing. It just looks funny and at first glance I thought it just just some kind of fan art.

It makes sense as an updated reuse, it's good sculpt and makes Peter figure look even more miserable in comparison, Miles is all details and texture while Peter is literally accessory lacking paint deco for $35.99, how are supposed to believe they are from same world? Suspend our disbelief, I would guess. Yet, Miles still has some issues, figure has super wide set hips, which remind me of Toybiz days, it's especially funny when you remember that RYV body mold that has hips that are extremely in. And yes figure would look and pose much better if they went with Inverted ab crunch and balljoint torso combo. 

• 4 months later...

Hey everyone! I just wanted to jump in and say hi as a newbie here. So I came across this post about the Marvel Legends Miles Morales Spider-Man Video Game figure, and man, it looks so cool! Hasbro really knows how to make us collectors go crazy. I'm definitely gonna snag one when pre-orders open tomorrow, and at $24.99, it's a steal! By the way, has anyone tried out the blackout bingo app? I heard it's a super fun way to pass the time. Any thoughts on that?