Marvel Legends Avengers 60th Anniversary Pre-Orders Begin Next Week - What Will It Be?!?

JayC

Hasbro's Dan Yun has announced that pre-orders for the Marvel Legends Avengers 60th Anniversary figures Hasbro announced in their last live-stream will start going up for pre-order next week.
So based on the Entertainment Earth Drop Zone page it looks like the first pre-order will take place on Thursday March 30th at 1pm ET. As to which figure it will be, from what I can tell it looks like it's going to be the Iron Man Mark I figure they showed. The figure will be available at places like our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth. It's possible more than one figure could be going up but for now it just looks like Iron Man will be kicking things off.

Iron-Man-Mark-1 0.jpg

Iron-Man-Mark-1 2.jpg

Iron-Man-Mark-1 3.jpg

Iron-Man-Mark-1 4.jpg

Iron-Man-Mark-1.jpg

We can definitely count on a gold release at some point. 

I just sold off my old Toybiz (both gray and gold) in anticipation of this figure. He looks to be miles better than that old TB version 

Love it when Hasbro goes to the beginning and gets us some first appearance goodness

On 3/24/2023 at 10:31 AM, tarot said:

Instant buy. And I'll also buy it when it's painted gold for the eventual re release.

I'm hoping they go for a bright gold this time around and not that butterscotch they used before. Also, how cool would it be if the gold one has a removable helmet? They're doing it for a lot of the Star Wars line figures.

The original battleship grey is one I could not turn down, however. I still have my toybiz versions.

I am really liking the deluxe, definitive versions of these Marvel legends. Yes, I used lower case. Obviously the Marvel Legends isn't limited to the legendary characters, thank goodness. I'm hoping to get more Savage Land characters in the near future. Sauron was a great start but he's getting lonely. I digress. I am all in on the 60th Anniversary line.

On 3/24/2023 at 2:22 PM, Atlantis said:

I'm hoping they go for a bright gold this time around and not that butterscotch they used before. Also, how cool would it be if the gold one has a removable helmet? They're doing it for a lot of the Star Wars line figures.

The original battleship grey is one I could not turn down, however. I still have my toybiz versions.

Star Wars: The Black Series has always gone for removable helmets over swappable heads, and Marvel Legends during Hasbro's time has always been swappable heads over removable helmets.  I hope either this grey or the gold one has some unhelmeted or unmasked helmeted head, but it'll almost definitely be as a separate swappable head.

On 3/24/2023 at 4:04 PM, Jeddostotle7 said:

"....I hope either this grey or the gold one has some unhelmeted or unmasked helmeted head, but it'll almost definitely be as a separate swappable head..."

I have no indications they'd go the removable helmet route for a gold Iron Man, but its a neat idea, and something that would make that version stand out from the original grey, other than just the paint job. However, the vintage shape and style of that helmet (and Tony's hairstyle at the time) does lend itself to such a feature so it could be easily done, if they wanted.

Hasbro today has released a new official image for their upcoming Marvel Legends Avengers 60th Anniversary Iron Man Mark I figure which as we first told you last week will be going up for pre-order on April 30th at 1pm ET at places like our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth.

Iron-Man-Mark-1.jpg

Now this is one of those cases where the reverse ball joint waist pivot really works. I order to not break the look of the sculpt and the fact that naturally an iron suit would limit your mobility, this is perfectly accurate. But a figure like Luke Cage where that pivot is not only very limiting, but it's an instance where I don't think anyone would have minded all that much if there had been either an ab crunch or a diaphragm pivot instead, it's just a weird decision to make. I'm all for trying new ideas and evolution of the action figure process, but it just seems like a step in the wrong direction.

While the original ToyBiz version was great for its time, this new version is absolutely superb. I have become much more selective in recent years on which ML's I pick up, so I won't be purchasing this one myself - for price and space issues both - but I am happy to see Hasbro give IM Mark I some love. I'm sure the Mark II with gold paint will be made soon - can't let an all original, brand-new mold be wasted on a single solitary figure! I also hope this and all the other Avengers 60th Anniversary Line figures are just the tip of the iceberg of classic comic figures we will be getting in 2024 and beyond. Let's circle back and finally get all those classic IM villains like Mandarin, Firebrand, Unicorn, Blizzard, Whiplash, Melter, Crimson Dynamo, Titanium Man, Blood Brothers and Justin Hammer. How about some classic Hulk villains? Zzzzax would be a cool BAF as would Bi-Beast. The U-Foes, Gremlin, Killer Shrike and General Ross are long overlooked villains/antagonists. When will we get an expanded Daredevil rogues gallery. I don't know about others, but I have enough Bullseye and Elecktra figures... where are Gladiator, Death Stalker, Owl, Mr. Fear, Machine Smith and how about Stick as supporting cast?  Thor has had most of his major enemies made at this point, albeit not ever in a dedicated comic line - why so little faith in a Thor Wave Hasbro? But there are still enough to fill several waves, as well as some of his allies who have never seen plastic. Bring on the Executioner, a frost giant, Karnilla, Zeus, Ares, Hades, Tyr, Balder, Heimdall, Kurse, Beta Ray Bill, Airwalker, Kid Loki and the Warriors Three! Dr. Strange is now a full-blown hero of the MCU and been in half a dozen movies. Where is a corresponding comic wave to promote him and his cast? Baron Mordo, Clea, Wong, Chthon, Nightmare, Umar and Shuma Gorath all deserve plastic treatments. Even Namor deserves his cast and villains done - Orka, Krang, Attuma, Namorita and Lady Dorma. Hope you are listening Hasbro... and don't even get me started on a long list of Avengers and Avengers Villains we really need for our shelves. Let's make this happen!

The new Marvel Legends Avengers 60th Anniversary Iron Man Mark I figure from Hasbro is up for pre-order at places like our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth

For 20 years, the Marvel Legends Series has brought the iconic characters and stories of Marvel to life for fans and collectors around the world with premium action figures drawn from across the Marvel Entertainment multiverse. Bring the excitement and wonder of the Marvel Universe to your collection with Iron Man (Model 01) and other action figures from the Hasbro Marvel Legends Series! (Additional products each sold separately. Subject to availability.)

When Billionaire Industrialist Tony Stark dons a sophisticated armor of his own design, he becomes a living high-tech weapon and the world’s greatest human fighting machine -- the Invincible Iron Man. This collectible 6-inch -scale Marvel Legends Avengers 60th Anniversary action figure is inspired by the character's first appearance in Tales of Suspense comics, featuring premium detail and multiple points of articulation. This figure comes with 6 accessories, including alternate hands and blast effects.

Since their founding in 1963, the Avengers have stood united as the world's premiere team of Superheroes. With a continuously changing roster, including living legends like Captain America, Iron Man, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and more, the Avengers are acknowledged globally as Earth's Mightiest Heroes for good reason -- their valor and achievements know no bounds. Join now in celebrating the 60th anniversary of this unparalleled team!
Product Features

6-inch scale (15.24cm)
Made of plastic
Part of the Marvel Legends Series
Inspired by Iron Man's first appearance in Tales of Suspense
Celebrates the 60th anniversary of The Avengers
Premium detail
Multiple points of articulation

Box Contents

Iron Man figure
Alternate pair of hands
4 Blast effect accessories

00.jpg

Iron.Man.Mark.1.1.jpg

Iron.Man.Mark.1.2.jpg

Iron.Man.Mark.1.3.jpg

Iron.Man.Mark.1.4.jpg

Iron.Man.Mark.1.5.jpg

Iron.Man.Mark.1.6.jpg

Iron.Man.Mark.1.7.jpg

Iron.Man.Mark.1.8.jpg

Iron.Man.Mark.1.9.jpg

really love this figure, the new color scheme for this box art is really cool, I wonder if that's going to be the way the boxes look for all of the anniversary Avengers stuff.

Seeing that this figure is part of a program as they do every year this guy has a higher price point, 40$ in Canada.

On 3/30/2023 at 1:20 PM, tarot said:

Tbf 28 for an anniversary set isn't that high. They are usually way more expensive. 

Yeah 40 CAD wasn't bad for a figure in anniversary program, Toad and Iron Spider for example last year were over 45, I got no issue paying what is being asked for this Iron Man, he looks awesome and a welcome addition to the collection.

also for those looking for this IM in Canada

https://www.gamestop.ca/Toys-Collectibles/Games/905658/marvel-legends-series-iron-man-model-01-figure

https://toysnowman.com/collections/marvel-legends/products/marvel-legends-series-iron-man-model-01-preorder

https://djccollectibles.ca/collections/this-weeks-pre-orders/products/pre-order-marvel-legends-60th-anniversary-iron-man-mk-1-6-inch-action-figure

On 3/30/2023 at 1:32 PM, leokearon said:

Looks good but shouldn't have rockets.

Agree.. if I recall there wasnt a ton of offensive weaponry on this version. Stark was always going on about transistors and magnets. Seems like he could "push" enemies and fly upright haha. 

Since he was continually running out of juice a more appropriate accessory would have been a power cord 

On 3/30/2023 at 9:49 PM, McHogan said:

Agree.. if I recall there wasnt a ton of offensive weaponry on this version. Stark was always going on about transistors and magnets. Seems like he could "push" enemies and fly upright haha. 

Since he was continually running out of juice a more appropriate accessory would have been a power cord 

I think that part might be based more on some of the later times the armor appeared like during the Iron Legion VS Ultimo or the Argonaut or the AI Iron Legion.