Disney+ Secret Invasion Series Gets A June 21st Premier Date

JayC

Disney+ has announced the premier date for the upcoming Marvel Secret Invasion series which will see Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury. Look for the series to start on June 21, 2023. The crossover event series showcases a fraction of shapeshifting Skrulls who have been infiltrating Earth for years.

Screen Shot 2023-03-27 at 5.57.25 PM.png

On 3/28/2023 at 2:20 PM, tarot said:

they are trying to spread out the releases now because the last CEO pushed to constant releases causing many films and series to be rushed. 

I think what would also help, is canceling some unnecessary projects, like a rumored Okoye/Wakanda focused show and even Agatha and Ironheart's shows feel somewhat unnecessary. Even Vision's upcoming show (and I really like Vision) feels like it could be skipped. 

On 3/28/2023 at 12:58 PM, JohnF said:

I think what would also help, is canceling some unnecessary projects, like a rumored Okoye/Wakanda focused show and even Agatha and Ironheart's shows feel somewhat unnecessary. Even Vision's upcoming show (and I really like Vision) feels like it could be skipped. 

now they won't cancel them. They will just spread them out.

On 3/28/2023 at 3:00 PM, tarot said:

now they won't cancel them. They will just spread them out.

Yeah the ones which are already filmed or deep in production won't be canceled, but maybe they are gonna limit the amount of similar projects, because not every character can carry their own solo story, whether it's a show or a movie. 

On 3/28/2023 at 8:55 AM, JohnF said:

Yeah the ones which are already filmed or deep in production won't be canceled, but maybe they are gonna limit the amount of similar projects, because not every character can carry their own solo story, whether it's a show or a movie. 

Yeah, it seems like some of these shows were quite a reach. Ironheart, Echo and Agatha in particular. All characters I like but just can't see enough substance to carry their own series. They're all in different stages of production and I do believe they will all eventually make it out in some form or another, but not without some help of other characters or maybe reshoots or maybe even some shortening of the seasons. Some of the more recent shows seemed to go on much longer than necessary. It really seems to water down a story that coulda been told in fewer episodes.

On 3/28/2023 at 6:10 PM, monron999 said:

Yeah, it seems like some of these shows were quite a reach. Ironheart, Echo and Agatha in particular. All characters I like but just can't see enough substance to carry their own series. They're all in different stages of production and I do believe they will all eventually make it out in some form or another, but not without some help of other characters or maybe reshoots or maybe even some shortening of the seasons. Some of the more recent shows seemed to go on much longer than necessary. It really seems to water down a story that coulda been told in fewer episodes.

I agree with you here and hopefully the shows will be decent, but like you said they are quite a reach. They've introduced characters before without giving them their own show. 

I was hoping this would be coming out soon, it looks really good and I'm excited to watch it, but I guess June isn't that far away from say next month which was when I thought it was originally scheduled, but it's also a good thing that Marvel Studios is trying to spread out these shows because it was getting a bit over saturated these last few years, people are getting super hero fatigue.

as for what others are saying that some of these upcoming shows seems like long shots I agree, I feel like Agath, Echo and Wakanda shows seem like they don't need to be made. I do think Vision and Ironheart are certainly things to put out though.

on another note, the release or reveal of the following Disney + wave (which I am very excited for) may be till fall considering the What if figures or a show-by-show reveal as they did for the first wave. One last thing, the very mysterious what if? figure might be animated goliath, the colors match and laurence Fishburne said he would voice bill foster in what if. This time with Bill as Goliath.

This looks fantastic. Very glad to see the spy thriller side of the MCU returning now, hopefully it's a breath of fresh air compared to Phase 4. It's definitely promising based on the trailers and the excellent cast. 

But yeah, hopefully we see that D+ wave start rolling out soon with this trailer being out. Probably my most anticipated wave of the year.

I love the direction this show is going in, feels very different from the majority of MCU product, a spy thriller/Mystery, with a grounded take, no super heroes seem to be in action, just SHIELD mainly Nick Fury and cohorts, I like this approach, gives things a higher stake, since it's only humans with limited to no special abilities taking on such a important mission, also Sam Jack as Nick is a character I love and it's good to see him getting a chance at being the main star, I think after all these years he deserves that, it's crazy to think Sam is 74 years old, he's in good condition, but how much longer is he going to be doing Marvel films for? so being someone who really tied the MCU together in it's early years getting a chance on a important mainly solo mission is a nice beginning to a send off point.

On 4/3/2023 at 5:49 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

I love the direction this show is going in, feels very different from the majority of MCU product, a spy thriller/Mystery, with a grounded take, no super heroes seem to be in action, just SHIELD mainly Nick Fury and cohorts, I like this approach, gives things a higher stake, since it's only humans with limited to no special abilities taking on such a important mission, also Sam Jack as Nick is a character I love and it's good to see him getting a chance at being the main star, I think after all these years he deserves that, it's crazy to think Sam is 74 years old, he's in good condition, but how much longer is he going to be doing Marvel films for? so being someone who really tied the MCU together in it's early years getting a chance on a important mainly solo mission is a nice beginning to a send off point.

Yeah, this seems like it's gonna be a great show, I've been looking forward to it for quite some time now. Hopefully it will be as good as it looks in the trailers. 

On 4/3/2023 at 6:49 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

I had hoped to see some of more of the Steranko-era influence for this part of the MCU. Really think the ABC series SHIELD missed the mark there.

I wonder if they'll retcon black widow dying by saying she was a skrull.....

I know a lot of fans didn't like the change in Sharon Carter's character in The Falcon and Winter Soldier. I remember some fan theories that she might end up being Mystique (with the X-Men about to be in the MCU and it was in Madripoor) in disguise. Maybe being a skrull would also explain how she was different.