Jump to content

Avengers 60th Anniversary Dr. Doom and Monica Rambeau 2-pack Pre-Order Coming Next Thursday (4/6)!?!


JayC

Recommended Posts

I was always going to get the Doom/Photon two-pack. I've waited forever for her classic look. But the more I look at them, the more I like the original Secret Wars Dr. Doom. I remember reading that when it came out and it was unlike anything else I remember reading up to that point, so larger-than-life and packed with all the best heroes and villains. They really did a nice job recreating that era's Dr. Doom.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Secret War set is an instant buy for me. Like most people I have wanted a classic Monica for a while plus I can use the Doom as a Doombot.

The Hulk set is not an instant buy, but I will get it just for the completist in me. Bruce might go on the Hulk self but I think I'll put the Hulk in storage for now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm digging that indeed this is the colour scheme for all of these Avengers Program figures packaging, looks good, but would have looked so much better if these were not windowless, man I wish the windows would be back, looking at windowless packaging on a store shelf just doesn't hit the same way, and I hate unboxing these, little bags filled with little pieces that get accidentally thrown out or lost when you rip the bag, the constant fear once you open this box the figure will look like it was painted by a 2 year old or mushed limbs, also so many layers of cardboard and paper, it stole the fun, it's the opposite of any LOL surprises more like SMH surprises.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/4/2023 at 4:51 AM, NotNamed said:

I didn't realize Bruce Banner was 12.

Not only that- I have it on good authority that those lenses aren't even prescription. Like, is it really all that hard to get this right?  Don't get me wrong, they look good, but once again we see the lack of attention to detail thats become all too common for hasbo. At least they got the shirt color right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice to see Monica in an action pose. She looks better and better.

I'm no longer pre-ordering since Hasbro and stores can't seem to get on the same page for release dates. I get those are estimates but MONTHS early is seriously F'ing with my cash. 

But these sets, and frankly everything they've shown for the Avengers anniversary, look outstanding and not pre-ordering is killing me!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/5/2023 at 4:40 PM, McHogan said:

Nice to see Monica in an action pose. She looks better and better.

I'm no longer pre-ordering since Hasbro and stores can't seem to get on the same page for release dates. I get those are estimates but MONTHS early is seriously F'ing with my cash. 

But these sets, and frankly everything they've shown for the Avengers anniversary, look outstanding and not pre-ordering is killing me!

Stay strong McHogan, stay strong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/5/2023 at 2:36 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

I'm digging that indeed this is the colour scheme for all of these Avengers Program figures packaging, looks good, but would have looked so much better if these were not windowless, man I wish the windows would be back, looking at windowless packaging on a store shelf just doesn't hit the same way, and I hate unboxing these, little bags filled with little pieces that get accidentally thrown out or lost when you rip the bag, the constant fear once you open this box the figure will look like it was painted by a 2 year old or mushed limbs, also so many layers of cardboard and paper, it stole the fun, it's the opposite of any LOL surprises more like SMH surprises.

 

Actually, I've had less problems with the mushed or warped limbs with the cardboard boxes. Maybe it's because they don't have to be posed like in the window boxes and they aren't vac sealed to the plastic. That's one good thing, I guess. Yeah, those bags are giving me some serious OCD. I keep checking and checking them again, cuz something about that material they're made from, wax paper, I suppose, that makes them feel like something is still in the bag. Luckily my paint issues have been minimal so far. Then again, it's only the beginning. They might be giving a good show out the gates. Let's see where this thing ends up

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/5/2023 at 2:30 PM, tarot said:

Nice. These are just making me want them even more. And Yes, they called Monica Captain Marvel and not just Monice Rambaeu like they did in the A-force set.

Props to Hasbro for not chumping out and giving Monica the love she deserves. This figure is a huge check marked of my must have list.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/5/2023 at 5:46 PM, monron999 said:

Props to Hasbro for not chumping out and giving Monica the love she deserves. This figure is a huge check marked of my must have list.

Agree here. When Hasbro or Is it Disney(?) won't let anyone but the current MCU character go by a certain code name they are essentially denying characters rich histories and are ignoring specific and classic eras of our favorite teams/ heroes. 

Glad to see Monica is allowed to be Captain Marvel in this case. And honestly, I was there when she was introduced,  she will always be a Captain Marvel to me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yep I am thrilled for this Secret Wars 2pack! I’d get this Monica again too if they repaint her in yellow energy form.  
The Hulk set isn’t one I’m much interested in but it’s a cool pair still and nice to get another shot at gray. But ok ML team, get to work on the purple undies Hulk please 🙏…sick of waiting!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Aaa, I didn't notice before but Monica has the horrible High Heels which will make her likely impossible to stand, sigh. I wish they'd just fix those or get rid of them all together, I get it its accurate to some characters to have high heels, but can we just not, if we can't make them work.

I know she was wearing heels sometimes in this outfit, but it wasn't always, so it would have been preferred if they went heel less.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/6/2023 at 2:10 PM, Itsybitsyspider said:

I agree, Heels on 6" figures isn't great, with the exception of Emma frost and I still think I'd rather have no heels. Plus I feel like they have been making the Knee joint more gummy than before. Spiral was exceptionally gummy. 

Yeah it's just they can't seem to figure out how to make the Heels work with Legends, every figure I have with Heels with maybe 2 exceptions (and that was by a magical position which I held and ran quickly away from) they never ever work, I have to have them all propped up, I just wish they'd do away with them, yes a few characters out there need the heels I agree Emma is one, but Monica in her CM suit isn't one of them, if they insist on using em like I said they just need to find a way to make them functioning.

and I can already tell you, that Monica with that hair, she's going to be a topple backwards kinda girl.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/6/2023 at 10:13 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah it's just they can't seem to figure out how to make the Heels work with Legends, every figure I have with Heels with maybe 2 exceptions (and that was by a magical position which I held and ran quickly away from) they never ever work, I have to have them all propped up, I just wish they'd do away with them, yes a few characters out there need the heels I agree Emma is one, but Monica in her CM suit isn't one of them, if they insist on using em like I said they just need to find a way to make them functioning.

and I can already tell you, that Monica with that hair, she's going to be a topple backwards kinda girl.

 

Agree, but I for one really like the look of the heels on her boots. The real issue is, why after nearly 20 years, they haven't mastered the skills necessary to make these work. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/6/2023 at 12:23 AM, super-chillin said:

Yep I am thrilled for this Secret Wars 2pack! I’d get this Monica again too if they repaint her in yellow energy form.  
The Hulk set isn’t one I’m much interested in but it’s a cool pair still and nice to get another shot at gray. But ok ML team, get to work on the purple undies Hulk please 🙏…sick of waiting!

You know, I'd like to see the Hulk in the purple briefs too, in a dedicated Hulk wave:

Hulk obviously

Doc Samson (red leather 80s outfit)

Cobalt Man

Adam Warlock (first appearance outfit)

Vanguard

Thunderbolt Ross (USAF General)

BAF: Harpy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/6/2023 at 4:46 PM, Atlantis said:

You know, I'd like to see the Hulk in the purple briefs too, in a dedicated Hulk wave:

Hulk obviously

Doc Samson (red leather 80s outfit)

Cobalt Man

Adam Warlock (first appearance outfit)

Vanguard

Thunderbolt Ross (USAF General)

BAF: Harpy

I want an Alex Ross style Hulk real bad.  Classic looking.  Toss in a deranged looking Immortal Hulk head along with it… I’m in

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm hyped for Doom/Cap two pack but upon closer look I notice that those headsculpts could have been better, I can see the direct artistic influence from Zeck but it seems like they are based on his lesser panels rather than prime ones, along with Emma, Sue, Ultimate Cap, Avalanche etc it seems like there's drop in quality for some ML headsculpts, as if we are getting half baked sculpts that couldn't get final touches due to time constraints. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm glad they did this pack, but the figures don't look like the source art. And the source art is right there front and center on the box! Gray Hulk's head from the miniseries looks NOTHING like either of these Hulk heads. These look like the heads of the much later Peter David Mr. Fixit Hulks. 1st appearance Hulk's head is clearly more human looking. Banner's glasses look round on the comic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE