Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 3 - New Movie Images And Character Posters

Outsiders

• 1 month later...

Agreed. Unfortunately the worm has turned and it's cool to hate Marvel again. 

This movie is the first in a while where I feel no need to apologize/defend it. If you weren't entertained, I'm not sure what I can do for you. I laughed, cried (a lot) cheered, was horrified, and overall completely satisfied. Tons of Easter Eggs for comic fans and James Gunn fans. The fact that Lloyd Kaufman and the dude who played Benny Que in Tromeo and Juliet (Gunns first writing credit , I'm pretty sure) are in the Gotg movies is an awesome show of loyalty and friendship. I'm worried that every actor in this is going DC for James.

Potential spoilers!!!

Rocket's story is the best thing about this movie, it's emotional and sincere but at the time might seem like that Gunn is trying emotionally manipulate viewers by showing horrible stuff happening to the cutest CGI characters but it still has heart and emotional weight.

Problems only start when it isn't about Rocket, the whole team dynamic just doesn't feel right and seems like an SNL parody of the first movie rather than their natural evolution, situational comedy is also mostly dated and works half the time, less is more would work wonderfully with the jokes in this, same can be said about over usage of songs in every second scene, which gave me original Suicide Squad memories...

But the worst offender is Adam Warlock, I don't wanna spoil anything but what was the point of including him because 1) It isn't even a good introduction 2) He doesn't meaningfully serve the story in any way 3) surprise he's a "joke character", of course, it wouldn't be a James Gunn movie if he didn't portray one of the most powerful characters as total Joke, but it's getting old and stale when you keep doing it over and over, maybe his real story ended up on cutting floor and my opinion would be far different if we could see his story more developed but he's still a character that could have been easily cut and better incorporated into his own series. 

In a nutshell, the movie is worth watching just for the Rocket story arc alone but everything else in the movie seems to be an afterthought, which is nonetheless still more entertaining and fun than last Ant-Man and Thor.

I suspect it will do just fine once word gets out. A little bit of MCU fatigue has set in and after a few pretty big stinker movies and some poorly written and maybe far too long running Disney+ projects. I think a lot of people are using a wait and see approach. And then theres that Gunn is leaving to helm the major opposition. I know that shouldn't matter but somehow I feel like it does.

On 5/7/2023 at 6:45 PM, SpiderS said:

Potential spoilers!!!

Rocket's story is the best thing about this movie, it's emotional and sincere but at the time might seem like that Gunn is trying emotionally manipulate viewers by showing horrible stuff happening to the cutest CGI characters but it still has heart and emotional weight.

Problems only start when it isn't about Rocket, the whole team dynamic just doesn't feel right and seems like an SNL parody of the first movie rather than their natural evolution, situational comedy is also mostly dated and works half the time, less is more would work wonderfully with the jokes in this, same can be said about over usage of songs in every second scene, which gave me original Suicide Squad memories...

But the worst offender is Adam Warlock, I don't wanna spoil anything but what was the point of including him because 1) It isn't even a good introduction 2) He doesn't meaningfully serve the story in any way 3) surprise he's a "joke character", of course, it wouldn't be a James Gunn movie if he didn't portray one of the most powerful characters as total Joke, but it's getting old and stale when you keep doing it over and over, maybe his real story ended up on cutting floor and my opinion would be far different if we could see his story more developed but he's still a character that could have been easily cut and better incorporated into his own series. 

In a nutshell, the movie is worth watching just for the Rocket story arc alone but everything else in the movie seems to be an afterthought, which is nonetheless still more entertaining and fun than last Ant-Man and Thor.

Promise I'm not trying to start a fight or any bs, but I liked Adam Warlocks character arc. I feel like it mirrored Rocket. Another science experiment being used for ends he doesn't understand. His first few minutes on screen are totally awesome. There are some jokes there because he's naive, but they aren't really haha jokes. They start me feeling sorry for him. I'm excited for his MCU future by the end.

I liked this movie quite a bit, the Rocket arc is awesome, and this movie will really pull your heartstrings, some of the team jokes and dynamics felt a bit dated, but the whole composition that was this movie was a nice end to the trilogy. it was an entertaining ride that was for sure, from laughter, to cheering and tons of tears, the whole theatre was weeping at several points, and that says a lot.

I can’t wait to watch it again tomorrow. It is such a beautiful film and a great sendoff to this version of the team. Easily my favorite 3rd movie in the MCU, or tied to Infinity War, but that feels like cheating. GotG was already my favorite movie and it was shaping up to be my favorite trilogy, but it truly went above and beyond what I was expecting. This makes me very excited for what Gunn has in store for DC

On 5/7/2023 at 6:34 PM, since83 said:

Promise I'm not trying to start a fight or any bs, but I liked Adam Warlocks character arc. I feel like it mirrored Rocket. Another science experiment being used for ends he doesn't understand. His first few minutes on screen are totally awesome. There are some jokes there because he's naive, but they aren't really haha jokes. They start me feeling sorry for him. I'm excited for his MCU future by the end.

Agree completely

Watched it today and loved it. I will say despite being a GOTG movie and other factors, this is a Rocket movie first and foremost. 

As for Adam, he is great. He is very much like he was when he started in the in the comics. 

I also like to say another female GOTG made their debut as well in the mid-credit.

I really want the mid credit scene in a 5 pack...since we already have one figure. I hope we actually do see that set up in action soon. 

Just saw it again. It was packed on a Monday night. It got a round of applause to boot. I really am hoping word of mouth helps this pick up speed.

Without getting into any kind of spoilers, I'll say that this movie was truly great. I think it was a very good way to end the franchise or the trilogy anyway and this movie felt like it was made for a reason. Unlike AntMan 3 which just felt like had to be made to get us to know Kang and move closer/get a teaser of the Kang Dynasty. This movie focused on its characters instead of the wider storyline and that's why the result was so goood. 

On 5/9/2023 at 5:50 AM, since83 said:

I really want the mid credit scene in a 5 pack...since we already have one figure.

I've been thinking about it and I'd love to see that as well. I won't get my hopes up though...We're still missing major characters from the movie, like Gamora and the HIgh Evolutionary. 

• 1 month later...

The 4K Blu-ray and Blu-Ray editions of James Gunn's Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (2023), starring Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Karen Gillan, and Pom Klementieff will be available for purchase on August 1st.

The galaxy's favorite band of misfits is back for one final adventure, and it may be their most dangerous yet. James Gunn's epic conclusion to the Guardians trilogy is "full of heart, humor, and action" (Ross Bonaime, Collider) and "an absolute must-see" (Molly Freeman, Screen Rant). Raising the stakes to new levels, the team must protect one of their own from a mysterious new villain in a thrilling adventure full of the spectacle, humor, and heart that fans have come to expect. And of course, an awesome soundtrack

Special Features and Technical Specs:

HDR PRESENTATION OF THE FILM
DOLBY ATMOS AUDIO TRACK
FEATURETTES

The Imperfect, Perfect Family – View the evolution of the Guardians through the cast and crew's passion for each other and the entire franchise. Join this tight-knit "found family" as they leave behind a legacy and recount their best memories wrapping up this epic trilogy's final film.

Creating Rocket Raccoon – Director James Gunn talks about bringing Rocket to life and how personal the character is to him. Uncover BTS footage, the research and development of the visual effects process, and the inspiration for Rocket through conversations with cast and crew.

DELETED SCENES

• A Bit Much –Adam Warlock explains to Ayesha what he plans to do with the Guardians.
  • A Lending Hand –Peter lends a hand to an injured Humanimal on Counter-Earth and shows he means no harm.
  • Drax's Analogies and Metaphors – Drax gives Peter some interesting life analogies and metaphors.
  • The Perfect Society – The High Evolutionary reveals his mission to perfect the universe.
  • The Search for 89P13 – Behemoth brings not-so-good news to The High Evolutionary.
  • Annoyed Peter – Peter gets annoyed while altering the shield.
  • A Burning Escape – Peter runs back to grab his music player before escaping a blazing inferno on the Arête.
  • Knowhere After the Battle – The High Evolutionary is brought back to Knowhere and locked up while Kraglin recruits Adam Warlock.

GAG REEL - Take a look at some of the fun outtakes on set with the cast and crew of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

DIRECTOR'S COMMENTARY - Watch the film with audio commentary by director James Gunn.

4K Blu-ray subtitles: English SDH, Spanish, and French Subtitles
Blu-ray Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish, and French Subtitles

Guardians_Of_The_Galaxy_V3_4K.jpg

Guardians_Of_The_Galaxy_V3_BR.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Disney+ announced today that Marvel Studios' "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3" will begin streaming on Disney+ on August 2. Watch the TV spot and prepare for our beloved heroes' arrival on the streaming service.

In Marvel Studios' "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3" our beloved band of misfits is settling into life on Knowhere. But it isn't long before their lives are upended by the echoes of Rocket's turbulent past. Still reeling from the loss of Gamora, Peter Quill must rally his team around him on a dangerous mission to save Rocket's life - a task that, if not completed successfully, could quite possibly lead to the end of the Guardians as we know them.

The film stars Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldaña, Dave Bautista, Karen Gillan, and Pom Klementieff, featuring Vin Diesel as Groot and Bradley Cooper as Rocket, Sean Gunn, Chukwudi Iwuji, Will Poulter and Maria Bakalova. James Gunn is the director and also wrote the screenplay. Kevin Feige produces with Louis D'Esposito, Victoria Alonso, Nikolas Korda, Sara Smith, and Simon Hatt serving as executive producers.

Marvel Studios' "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3" comes exclusively to Disney+ on August 2, joining the other two films of the trilogy, "Guardians of the Galaxy" and "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2."

• 1 month later...
On 9/2/2023 at 2:08 PM, Atlantis said:

One of the movie properties that didn't look like it would do that well, and yet it certainly did. Sequels and merchandise and commercials- im wondering why Hasbro didn't make any of the ships they had (Milano, etc.) . I think there was a Hotwheels/Mattel toy, but thats it?

Ships and vehicles for toys are a thing of the past from the 80s.  The only way we would see a ship from a movie now would be if Hasbro did a Kickstarter type of deal and saw how many would want it.

On 9/2/2023 at 1:53 PM, Outsiders said:

Ships and vehicles for toys are a thing of the past from the 80s.  The only way we would see a ship from a movie now would be if Hasbro did a Kickstarter type of deal and saw how many would want it.

?? McFarlane has done a number of vehicles, Fornite as well....they aren't a thing of the past. Anyway, just seems to be it would be a cool thing they could offer along with their Guardians collection.

On 9/2/2023 at 5:04 PM, Atlantis said:

?? McFarlane has done a number of vehicles, Fornite as well....they aren't a thing of the past. Anyway, just seems to be it would be a cool thing they could offer along with their Guardians collection.

I don't know about Fortnite and I think the only vehicle I know that McFarlane did was the Bat Mobile and Bat Cycle and that was limited I believe.