Next Marvel Legends Pre-Order Happening On 4/20 - What Could It Be?!?

JayC

Hasbro's Dan Yun has revealed that the new Marvel Legends pre-order will be happening next week on 4/20.

As for what the pre-order will be for? We can tell you that it looks like it will be for the Avengers 60th Anniversary 12" Super-Adaptoid that they showed off in their last live-stream. You can expect the pre-orders to go live at 1pm ET at places like our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth.

Super-Adaptoid-00.jpg

Super-Adaptoid-01.jpg

Super-Adaptoid-02.jpg

Super-Adaptoid-04.jpg

Seeing the Super Adaptoid next to home runs like the Destroyer, Skycycle Hawkeye and the new Black Widow, I'm feeling disappointed. I've been a vocal advocate for him for years on the forum, and so while I am overjoyed to finally get him, that 12" Ultimate Cap buck really disappoints me. I really dislike the upper legs and knees. It seems like it would be fairly easy to smooth all those Ultimate design lines, making his legs just smooth  surface and looking far more like the actual SA. The upper torso isn't as bad, but he would look so much better with the traditional scale armor Cap wears like in the 60th Anniversary buck. Yeah, they did only have to mold new boots, gloves and a head... and thank god they did, otherwise this would be even more disappointing. Hopefully those few changes will allow for a lower price point. And I am still holding out that he will come with wings... and that Thor's hammer handle will be green also.

On 4/14/2023 at 8:32 AM, Jormungand said:

"Seeing the Super Adaptoid next to home runs like the Destroyer, Skycycle Hawkeye...I'm feeling disappointed.....I've been a vocal advocate for him for years on the forum, and so while I am overjoyed to finally get him, that 12" Ultimate Cap buck really disappoints me...  still holding out that he will come with wings... "

I hear what you're saying. I too would like to get it but I'm tired of giving them top dollar for lackluster performance. Simple, easy fixes, just a little more attention to detail and care, and they could have got me. Yeah there's a new head, gloves, boots but when they slap it on this already used, older body and then phone in the rest, not to mention not including distinguishing features, it just spoils the figure for me. I'll wait for an updated, accurate version, or just go without altogether. 

On 4/14/2023 at 12:47 PM, Atlantis said:

I hear what you're saying. I too would like to get it but I'm tired of giving them top dollar for lackluster performance. Simple, easy fixes, just a little more attention to detail and care, and they could have got me. Yeah there's a new head, gloves, boots but when they slap it on this already used, older body and then phone in the rest, not to mention not including distinguishing features, it just spoils the figure for me. I'll wait for an updated, accurate version, or just go without altogether. 

You've always had more will power when it comes to figures we have really wanted and waited years for. But I just don't see them ever making the Super Adaptoid again... a reissue of this same one? Yeah, maybe. And that one will probably have wings and be $40.00 more, lol! So I resign myself to getting this one and hopefully it will grow on me.

Yeah, I'm passing on this too; I want the classic character and not some kind of modernized reinterpretation. I find that too often (pretty much always) when this team tries to modernize a classic look (Super Adaptoid, Kree Sentry etc) or put too much of their own spin on something (Sabertooth) or just flat out fail to honor the source material (Guardian, Captain Britain etc), the results are so-so at best. When they treat the source material as the absolute Gospel however, 98% of the time they're on fire. I lived this long without the Super Adpatoid, so I know I'll be ok 🙂

On 4/14/2023 at 11:26 AM, Jormungand said:

You've always had more will power when it comes to figures we have really wanted and waited years for. But I just don't see them ever making the Super Adaptoid again... a reissue of this same one? Yeah, maybe. And that one will probably have wings and be $40.00 more, lol! So I resign myself to getting this one and hopefully it will grow on me.

LOL not sure if its more about will power than it is I just don't want a collection of figures I can't stand looking at, knowing I overpaid for. Certainly not wanting to spend my hard earned dollars on mediocrity; I don't want to reward their laziness and disrespect to their customer base. I waited too long for this, for it not to be anything but accurate. Especially when we KNOW that they can do these figures correctly when they want to.

I'm sure I come off like Mr. Complainer but I have to say, we as collectors are to blame as well. If we continue to indulge scalpers, continue to buy sub-par products, continue to tell ourselves its better than it really is, we're just encouraging these companies to be lazy and greedy like this. Look how well they did Spiral. Or War Machine. That upcoming Skycycle? What about the Armadillo BAF? They are gorgeous, really fantastic craftmanship there. Why can't that be their standard?

Hasbo is a multibillion dollar toy company, arguably the industry's leading standard for action figures. They've got the top licenses out there- Marvel, Star Wars, GI Joe....there's just no reason to put out "okay" or "good enough" products. 

Far as them ever doing the Adaptoid again, I can see it happening. An improved and accurate version? of course. But, if they never do, I'm good. I'm not giving them good money for weak work.  

Despite what may be seen as some inaccuracies, IE having what appears to be no Wings, I'm down for this, I don't see us ever getting a second crack at Super Adaptoid and I like what they have done here, not much in the way of complaints for what it is, I find it kinda clever they used the old 12'' parts to make this, I will be getting this, I just do hope we see some wings, but if not I won't whine.

On 4/14/2023 at 1:52 PM, super-chillin said:

This Super-Acraptoyd doesn’t need to be accurate ok?!  
Y’all leave Half-asbro alone!

Pardon my bad humor there. It just stinks after waiting a long time for an exciting, classic character/version like this only to see the lack of meticulous designing they put into it. I can do without this guy but… damn, I wish they got him right.

On 4/16/2023 at 2:18 AM, super-chillin said:

Pardon my bad humor there. It just stinks after waiting a long time for an exciting, classic character/version like this only to see the lack of meticulous designing they put into it. I can do without this guy but… damn, I wish they got him right.

I can't speak for everyone, but I got your joke, I just wish we were getting a better version of SA so you wouldn't be able to make it, lol!

I think it’s funny people are so bent about him not having wings because he doesn’t always have them in classic appearances. But i haven’t seen anyone mention his odd use of upscaled modern Cap army pants, which have never been part of the character when he actually looked like this. Hasbro def thinks we’re pretty dumb just like when they released Silvermane on the random Ult Beetle buck that looks nothing like his body but it’s “robot-y” enough to pass, I guess. Lame

On 4/17/2023 at 4:01 PM, Audie said:

I think it’s funny people are so bent about him not having wings because he doesn’t always have them in classic appearances. But i haven’t seen anyone mention his odd use of upscaled modern Cap army pants, which have never been part of the character when he actually looked like this. Hasbro def thinks we’re pretty dumb just like when they released Silvermane on the random Ult Beetle buck that looks nothing like his body but it’s “robot-y” enough to pass, I guess. Lame

Yeah... I wish it was less lazy. The modern Cap pants, with the armored kneepads, just don't work well at all. It's a character that I've wanted, and I'll probably buy it eventually, but it is DEFINITELY a "wait for a decent discount" figure. 

I'm certainly getting my share of green figures this year. In the past week, I've received my Ronan, Von Strucker, I'm building my Puff Adder, tomorrow I should get my Molecule Man, and Thursday looks like ordering day for the Super Adaptoid. Too bad I'm parting with so much 'green' to get them all.

The Marvel Legends 12" Super Adaptoid figure from Hasbro is now available for pre-order at places like our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth with a suggested retail price $69.99 and shipping August 2023.

Originally developed by Advanced Idea Mechanics (AIM) to combat Captain America, the Super-Adaptoid can duplicate the powers and abilities of heroes nearby allowing it to contend with the entire Avengers team.

Bring the excitement and wonder of the Marvel Universe to your collection with Super-Adaptoid and other action figures from the Hasbro Marvel Legends Series! (Additional products each sold separately. Subject to availability.) Originally developed by Advanced Idea Mechanics (AIM) to combat Captain America, the Super-Adaptoid can duplicate the powers and abilities of heroes nearby allowing it to contend with the entire Avengers team. This collectible 6-inch -scale Marvel Legends Avengers 60th Anniversary action figure is an extra-large 12 inches tall. Figure is detailed to look like Super-Adaptoid character from Marvel Comics, featuring premium detail and multiple points of articulation. Comes with 2 comics-inspired accessories: Super-Adaptoid's green variations of Captain America's shield and Thor's hammer.
Product Features

12 inches (30.48cm)
6-inch scale (15.24cm)
Made of plastic
Part of the Marvel Legends Series
Celebrates the 60th anniversary of The Avengers
Premium detail
Multiple points of articulation

Box Contents

Super-Adaptoid figure
Shield
Hammer

00.jpg

Super-Adaptoid.1.jpg

Super-Adaptoid.2.jpg

Super-Adaptoid.3.jpg

Super-Adaptoid.4.jpg

Super-Adaptoid.5.jpg

Super-Adaptoid.6.jpg

Super-Adaptoid.7.jpg

Super-Adaptoid.8.jpg

On 4/15/2023 at 11:18 PM, super-chillin said:

I thought it was funny and cutting. Acraptoyd is perfect!

On 4/20/2023 at 10:25 AM, tarot said:

actually pretty standard price. Surtur was 60 2/3 years and with the inflation and larger size it would be that price.

Surtur was an all new sculpt plus an MCU anniversary line. This one is also an anniversary line but mostly reuse. Given all that the $70 sticker shock is more about how much inflation has caused it to get that high after just 2/3 years!