Amazon Exclusive Marvel Legends Avengers 60th Anniversary Black Knight And Sersi 2-Pack Pre-Order This Thursday

JayC

Weird that it is an Amazon exclusive because we knew about it before it was officially reveal and we never know about what is an Amazon exclusive before hand. I though for sure they would make a random 5-pack for Amazon, which granted could still come because they haven't reveal this year 5-pack.

Oh Amazon exclusive eh?, that was a strange turn, usually all of the leaks don't include exclusives to places like Amazon, so interesting that this is Amazon exclusive, anyways regardless I really want this pack, I have been hoping for a Comic Sersi for years (how it took this long for a comic Eternals character is whoa), while I would have liked to see her classic 1st costume first, I love this look for her (and would want this version as well as the classic green), and I love this look for Black Knight, it's perfect the Cull wave Black Knight had so many head display options, because this will be my Dane, while that previous one will be Percy. I'm really digging this set, two really good looking figures IMO (only gripe is....ya we all know, those Sersi Spindly legs)

On 4/24/2023 at 6:27 AM, since83 said:

Want it for Black Knight. I hope they give us a no jacket, green Sersi sooner than later. Still waiting on a green Quicksilver too though. Have been for a while.

If green suited Quicksilver is handled as badly as the light blue thing was, then they can keep it. The first hasbo swing at Quicksilver, even the Toybiz version, were closer to what the character is supposed to look like than what we got in the family 3pack. It would be great though if they could do both green and "silver" (sky blue) done correctly.

While it would be kinda cool to get BK's energy sword, I never really cared for the 90's look on him or Sersi... and I still feel they were some of the weakest Avengers stories ever. I'll wait and hope they give us Sersi in her classic green outfit, along with other long awaited Inhumans. Like others, I'm also hoping they retire those Kate Bishop legs... the more figures I see them on, the more it makes me cringe. Come on Hasbro, give the females heroes some new leg options. They deserve better treatment.

On 4/24/2023 at 7:40 AM, Air-Walker said:

I want those boots on BK, lol! I may get this just for BK and parts bash him on the earlier version. 

Perfect example.....they show that they could do his boots properly, so why not do it in the first place? SMH! I can't see buying the 2 pack just to get those boots but I'm curious to see if they CAN be swapped. Hmmm.

On 4/24/2023 at 12:47 PM, Itsybitsyspider said:

I'm not sure you remember but he came with three heads originally. These boots are only accurate for one of the heads that came in the package. The boots with no accent were accurate to the winged BK head. I'm sure they can be swapped, They wouldn't pay to re-tool the shin connection. 

Black Knight - Marvel Comics - Avengers - Dane Whitman - Writeups.org

Good point you made; I was fixated on the classic (Dane Whitman) outfit, that didn't have the faulds/apron/loin cloth. But actually he didn't have the accented boots in his early appearances even then; not sure why I thought he did, but I was wrong. Fair play to you and hasbo both.

On 4/24/2023 at 4:11 PM, Atlantis said:

Perfect example.....they show that they could do his boots properly, so why not do it in the first place? SMH! I can't see buying the 2 pack just to get those boots but I'm curious to see if they CAN be swapped. Hmmm.

If there's any issue with the boots I'll just swap the leg from the thigh down. As for swappage vs $$, for me it varies on how badly I want a definitive version of the character. I find this Hasbro team is too often phoning-in key and/or minor (yet imo important) details on lesser known characters, but Sir Dane has always been fav, so I'm willing here to put up the dollars. Plus, there's always ebay for 90s Sersi, lol.

Don’t think I’ll be getting this one but If I did, it would be for parts to donate to other figures. Sersi looks good from the waist up but why give her the worst female legs in the catalogue? Can’t imagine why anyone would still choose those awful things.

On 4/24/2023 at 3:49 PM, Itsybitsyspider said:

Dane Whitman beats the Black Knight - GoCollect

Would’ve been freakin nice if they had just made him like that in the first place!

On 4/25/2023 at 8:04 AM, Itsybitsyspider said:

Agreed, That is the look I want for him. If the 2pack goes to sale price i'll snag him for part, if not, I can deal with it. 

Glad you mentioned removing the loincloth, btw. All I ever did to improve him to my liking was paint over the gold deco with a yellow but I went ahead and sliced off the loincloth this morning and now I like it all the better. 👍👍.  
Dunno how or why I never thought of doing that!

On 4/25/2023 at 1:07 AM, super-chillin said:

Don’t think I’ll be getting this one but If I did, it would be for parts to donate to other figures. Sersi looks good from the waist up but why give her the worst female legs in the catalogue? Can’t imagine why anyone would still choose those awful things.

She's supposed to be 5'9" and 140lbs. Those spindly things they have her on are completely wrong; they did the same thing to Viper/Madame Hydra and I couldn't buy her either. They could have at least put her on the Scarlet Witch (retro/vintage) mold...

On 4/25/2023 at 12:08 PM, Itsybitsyspider said:

I may be a little more of a BK Fan than most, I realized I needed to cut the loincloth off like 2 years ago or something, Never really paid attention to the boots though, I may just paint them and call it a day. 

Hey glad to see BK has another super fan. He has always been my favorite as well. I did the same and sliced off the loincloth as soon as I got him 

I did go a step further as well and bought a 2nd BK (technically a 3rd since my skills are garbage) and carefully Dremeled out the angry face from the wingless helmet. I wanted to recreate one of my favorite Avengers covers (#273) and the stoic head needed to be wingless! 

I snagged the weird light Saber that a Stealth Iron Man came with as well. 

This box set is a must for me. I like the idea of the boot swap others have mentioned but I don't like the idea of buying a 3rd set to try as I'm planning on getting 2 already. 

This is a classic look for BK for me and was thrilled it was this version in this set. Sersi is another hit as well since this era is very underrated in Avengers history IMO

20230425_143857.jpg

20230425_143847.jpg

On 4/25/2023 at 2:44 PM, Emnems80 said:

It's something I doubt will be in the set but it would be awesome if there were separate arm pieces to swap out, that way you can have a jacketless version of Sersi.

Agree that would be amazing. Too bad the same idea can't be done with that Walmart Black Widow that sports the team jacket as well. 

It would make sense in Sersi's cases since I doubt she'll have an extra head. Why not swappable arms ?!?

On 4/24/2023 at 8:08 PM, Air-Walker said:

If there's any issue with the boots I'll just swap the leg from the thigh down. As for swappage vs $$, for me it varies on how badly I want a definitive version of the character. I find this Hasbro team is too often phoning-in key and/or minor (yet imo important) details on lesser known characters, but Sir Dane has always been fav, so I'm willing here to put up the dollars. Plus, there's always ebay for 90s Sersi, lol.

Curious, if the swap goes the way you plan is it literally just pulling the boots off? I've not tried pulling a Legend apart if they don't come with parts that are supposed to be swapped out like heads or hands. 

I've heard the legs on this body are a  bit fragile as some one I know tried customizing it on a Green Goblin job.

On 4/25/2023 at 3:07 PM, McHogan said:

Curious, if the swap goes the way you plan is it literally just pulling the boots off? I've not tried pulling a Legend apart if they don't come with parts that are supposed to be swapped out like heads or hands. 

I've heard the legs on this body are a  bit fragile as some one I know tried customizing it on a Green Goblin job.

The parts need to be heated up in order to remove them, ideally with a hair dryer. Some use boiling water, but I've found that there's a risk of scalding or even melting the plastic with that method if done too frequently or too long. I find with a blow dryer you can control the heating better. But yes, once you make the plastic soft enough with heat, you can pop boots off fairly easily. I find that boots, hands and arms at the bicep swivel are usually the easiest to come off after heating. Thighs and feet sometimes have longer attachment pegs so they usually need a bit more heating before they can come off easily. The key is to be patient and not force anything. Have fun and experiment! 

The things that don't come off easily with heat though are the hip and shoulder joints, as the torso plastic is too firm to soften Hardcore customizers will pry the bodies apart at the seam and re-glue them when done. I've had some hips pop off by accident, but I just assumed it was poor construction from the factory. The arms on the Kate bishop body will pop out from the torso easily with enough heat, but I'm not sure about the Moonstone and Shriek bodies. 

Ah these new promo images, just substantiating how much I like this 2 pack, the 90's vibes are brimming, this was a time I loved comics and this was the first look I became familiar with for Sersi, she's looking excellent, and Dane with his jacket and photon sword are awesome. I can't wait to get these 2 in the collection. I hope we can get some more comic Eternals in the near future, and would be nice to see a Crystal in her jacket and 90's attire to go with these guys, although give us a classic Crystal first.

Sersi was in my top ML figures, I fell really disappointed they used emaciated Kate Bishop Legs, even if they are saving money on pinless Shriek mold they could have used retro Scarlet Witch legs, Sersi was always drawn with well proportioned legs. I guess I will have to get upcoming Black costume Spider-woman and swap her upper legs with Sersi to somehow salvage this figure.

spacer.png spacer.pngspacer.png

On 4/26/2023 at 8:21 AM, SpiderS said:

"Sersi was in my top ML figures, I fell really disappointed they used emaciated Kate Bishop Legs...they could have used retro Scarlet Witch legs, Sersi was always drawn with well proportioned legs...."

That's what I said- use SW legs instead. Also its stunning that they got the boots right! Spot-on. But they make the chicken legs look even worse.  Its baffling that they can't see how ridiculous these legs look on their figures. Hasbo just doesn't seem to care about scale on any consistent basis, and the female figs tend to suffer the worst of this. Black Widow, Madame Hydra, Shiklah, Sersi- these are not skinny, underfed weaklings. They aren't teenage girls. But stack their Legends figures against virtually any of the male counterparts and they look sickly, off,  sometimes even like they aren't from the same line. Suffice to say, Sersi isn't a character I particularly care for, but I share your disappointment, especially since you had to wait so long for it and this is the result.