Marvel Legends Amazon Exclusive West Coast Avengers Boxset Revealed

JayC

Revealed via Screen Rant is the new Marvel Legends Amazon Exclusive West Coast boxset which will be going up for pre-order tomorrow (5/25) at 1pm ET on Amazon.

Located in Los Angeles, California, Earth’s Mightiest Heroes expand to a second base of operations known as the West Coast Avengers. Celebrate the Marvel universe with this Marvel Legends Series The West Coast Avengers 5-pack. For the first time, fans can collect 5 of the core members of the West Coast Avengers team including Iron Man, Marvel’s Mockingbird, Marvel’s Tigra, Spider-Woman, and Hank Pym. These quality 6-inch scale figures feature deco inspired by the characters’ appearances in The West Coast Avengers comics. Includes 5 figures and 16 comics-inspired accessories.

With over 80 years of entertainment history, Marvel has become a cornerstone of fan collections around the world. With the Marvel Legends Series, fan favorite Marvel Comic Universe and Marvel Cinematic Universe characters are designed with premium detail and articulation for posing and display in collections.WC10.thumb.jpg.33b463f2f2d8d75a387d384d29d5d005.jpg

WCA.jpg

WCA1.jpg

WCA2.jpg

WCA3.jpg

WCA4.jpg

WCA5.jpg

WCA17.thumb.jpg.8e1cd07ec9e416482486ba6e7ce6502e.jpgWCA16.thumb.jpg.dd15899baaad1e895db099d36b718639.jpgWCA15.thumb.jpg.98db6564c33ed4415743438ebd9b9d6c.jpgWCA14.thumb.jpg.7f8c70cf12590887653df49f793ecdaa.jpgWCA13.thumb.jpg.e4829cff0f277046e0a652b73e8ddb56.jpgWCA12.thumb.jpg.a34db528d4f16d6f73e4948721b42a40.jpgWCA11.thumb.jpg.1e83a9d5856b8fdd10371b0751179ad0.jpgWCA10.thumb.jpg.ffa932e551eefe2b9510f3d7579f69f1.jpgWCA9.thumb.jpg.aea059f51f9fc0f5150dad53d7d6086c.jpgWCA8.thumb.jpg.c364c1cec4bcfc7d0e6f7399a659da0a.jpgWCA6.jpg

I was right about the random 2-pack. I know this is a set that not everyone will want as we have all these characters but I have to admit that I like it.

Mockingbird and Hank are the highlight obviously (new costume and all)

Tigra has a better less orange paint

Spider-woman is on the new Shriek build (hope she can use the old one's web effects)

The only dud is the Iron Man but that's a seller anyway.

I also do like that the artist recreated the original cover with these characters.

This set is super unremarkable to me, sure it's cool to see they put all of these guys together in a box set, also it's cool to see a more muted color Tigra and Shriek buck for Julia, but that's really not any reason for me to pay the bill to buy this, I don't really need to replace any of the previous versions of these figures I have, Silver Centurion was never a want for me, and this looks like it has the same poor head articulation, Hank is in his IMO most boring look, and I would feel no reason to get him in it, and I already have the modern Mockingbird, this look for her never did much for me, Overall I'm pretty cool with saying this set is an easy pass. The Minor updates on Julia & Tigra are not worth the price, and I don't care about MB, IM or Hank. Money saved for me!

Can not believe we're getting a Dr. Pym figure. One that I've longed for forever but just never thought it would happen. Very pleased with the classic Mockingbird too. Wish they'd done a different costume Wonder Man or Living Lightning instead, especially Tigra considering they just released her not long ago on single card

So, the West Coast Avengers started out as a five-man band. And instead of making an airtight five-pack based around that initial line-up, they picked and chose members from different points in time, in the process leaving out the team's leader, Hawkeye?

I get that another Wonder Man so soon after the Puff Adder wave one and another Hawkeye after the upcoming deluxe one would've felt redundant (even though they'd be sporting different costumes), especially with Silver Centurion Iron Man and Tigra being super-redudant (since there's no costume changes)... but still. I feel like this five-pack should've come out a few years down the line and with the team's initial five members.

I might be on the lookout for Silver Centurion loose on eBay... But speaking of Silver Centurion, this release feels like a missed opportunity not to give him pinless limbs (that Hasbro could then repurpose for subsequent retro-style Iron Man figures) and maybe even go the extra mile and improve the neck articulation to avoid the gap that was such a point of contention in the original release.

Well this is another pleasant surprise. I love how this has turned into a sort of Year of the Avengers! Yes, yes it is an anniversary year, but we are now getting far more than what was on Rektangular's list last Fall.  Guess he didn't spoil everything Dan, Ryan and the gang had in store. I also love how the Tigra orange has been toned down, it looks much better and the figure itself I was already happy enough with. Mockingbird and Hank Pym! Definitely the highlights of the box set. I really like how they have heard us about those spindly Kate Bishop legs and have changed Spider-woman's accordingly.  Iron Man looks a little wonky, I can't tell if they painted his arms, legs and other highlights in white, or a really weak shade of silver. It just looks a little cheap. But there are always some corners cut with these box sets and I can accept that if it means getting new figures, classic versions, and/or improved versions of current figures. So I am overall a fan of these boxes and have purchased pretty much every one they have put out in recent years.  Now if we could just convince them to do a 3-pack of classic Avengers villains and even a WC villains, that would be so awesome. And it may be the only way I get some long-wanted villains. How about : Immortus, Count Nefaria, The Collector for the main team and Graviton, The Blank and Master Pandimonium for the WC team  -  the three first villains they faced I believe. 

Well...it is indeed a must buy for Pym and Mockingbird. Mad that I bought that day glow Tigra, cause this is much better. Silver Centurian looks the same. I wasn't impressed with the first one, so some improvement was needed, but I have the Walgreens. Hope I just didn't look hard enough and there are some changes in his neck especially.  And speaking of, I have a more than good enough Ms Carpenter/Spider Woman. Maybe this one is improved a bit, but the other one is fine. So really paying 125 for 2 must haves, one needed improvement, and two unnecessary reissues. Ooof. But seeing as WCA is one of my biggest wants, I'm gonna have to support this.

Moon Knight with some gold painted Flair, Living Lightning, and a few others woulda been nice instead of the two reissues.

Well this hit me like a ton of bricks. I have that Iron Man and it looks good but the design was terrible. This would have been the perfect time to correct that so we could alt least use a Tony head on him but it looks to be the same old same old. Still they didn't lie. It was a sold out figure and heres the second chance. Tigra does have better colors but I didn't not liek the last one. Mockingbird and Safari Hank are the ones I need just like everyone else and I'm so torn on whether to get this. I do like the Julia Carpenter on the new female body. The last one was so disappointing and I had so much trouble getting her to stand I just ended up baging her up. So basically 2 new figures, 2 improvements and a repainted Iron Man. Uhhhh! Speaking of female body models does anyone have a track on which body was used to Mockingbird. If I had to guess it would be the same body they used for Vertigo and Psylocke just judging by the thigh gaps. Perhaps @tarot or @Ironspider428 You both seem to be pretty good at identifying the body types. I'm crossing my fingters it isn't the Kate model.

This looks REALLY cool. The West Coast Avengers never get any love, so it's pretty exciting to see something like this come out. Classic Mockingbird has been on my want list for a VERY long time. Here's hoping she comes with an alternate ponytail head. Hank looks awesome. Julia Carpenter is one of my all time favorite characters, whom always gets largely ignored, and this one is actually nicer than the figure that came out three or four years ago. Tigra has a nicer paint job than the previous one, but other than that, she and Iron Man don't bring much to the table here. Still, very cool set. Maybe as a bookend, we can get a Force Works set, with Century???

My first impression is favourable.

I like and want Mockingbird in this look.

But then I start to question things:  I already have a "better" Silver Centurion Iron Man, I like the Tigra I have already.  I'm not feeling any jangle for Spider-Woman because I wasn't reading WCA when she was in it.  Hank IS a different look and was in the run of stories I enjoyed, but.........I'm thinking that sculpt is going to be in demand for loads of kitbashes.  Honestly, there not enough new for the asking price.....if the set goes to s big discount, yes. I'd jump on it.  But it still looks favourable to me.

s

On 5/24/2023 at 4:09 PM, since83 said:

Moon Knight with some gold painted Flair, Living Lightning, and a few others woulda been nice instead of the two reissues.

Honestly I rather have the set presented here then having new character as an Amazon Exclusive, especially since I live in Ireland and will have to pay alot extra for it. This is a perfect set as an exclusive as it's all character we have before with 2 figures that are a big improvement over the previous versions, 2 brand new costumes and a repaint.

On 5/24/2023 at 8:16 AM, AndyL said:

Well this hit me like a ton of bricks. I have that Iron Man and it looks good but the design was terrible. This would have been the perfect time to correct that so we could alt least use a Tony head on him but it looks to be the same old same old. Still they didn't lie. It was a sold out figure and heres the second chance. Tigra does have better colors but I didn't not liek the last one. Mockingbird and Safari Hank are the ones I need just like everyone else and I'm so torn on whether to get this. I do like the Julia Carpenter on the new female body. The last one was so disappointing and I had so much trouble getting her to stand I just ended up baging her up. So basically 2 new figures, 2 improvements and a repainted Iron Man. Uhhhh! Speaking of female body models does anyone have a track on which body was used to Mockingbird. If I had to guess it would be the same body they used for Vertigo and Psylocke just judging by the thigh gaps. Perhaps @tarot or @Ironspider428 You both seem to be pretty good at identifying the body types. I'm crossing my fingters it isn't the Kate model.

Mockingbird's legs are pinless so they're either new or Shriek's. Which would probably mean the torso is Shriek's as well. New head and upper arms, I believe original Mockingbird lower arms.

mockingbird looks perfect for a classic version ……tigra is fine but I am ok with the brighter orange one …..Ironman is ok not my favorite so not necessary for my collection ….spider woman is a nice update to the pinless double jointed body and nice new hair sculpt …..pym i don’t need but decided I am gonna pop the legs off wonder man and put them on this one and add a head with some white paint around the hair and make a powered down Madison jeffries for my alpha flight team

Loving the retro deco they gave Iron Man this time. Also looks to me like they gave him bigger pieces of shoulder armor, which is also good. I passed on the walgreens one + the ugly legs Julia and ugly orange Tigra so I’m hella pleased to see them done better here. Woulda been great if they added West coast Moon Knight too.

On 5/24/2023 at 7:42 AM, Hogun said:

Looks to be an okay set. Not part of my interest. But if I find this at a discounted price on Amazon. I may be down. Only figures that interest me are Hank Pym and Mockingbird.

I'm glad they're thinking about sets, but underwhelmed and a bit baffled at how they executed it. Mockingbird's sleeves are like her trademark look (in this outfit), and they were more flared than this. The reason she had those large sleeves was that they concealed her battle staves. I thought for sure they'd use a Lady Deathstrike sculpt here. Very easy re-use. Dr. Pym's red jumpsuit had lots of pockets, notably on the legs, but this one has none.  I don't get why they couldn't make that very small detail. The great thing though is now there's a whole set of the WCA, and I hope they do more of this kind of thing in the future (but get the accuracy correct). Warriors Three 3 pack, Wrecking Crew, the Frightful Four, Golden Age figures.....sky's the limit.

While I'll certainly be pre-ordering this, I'm honestly a little underwhelmed. I would have liked to see at least one never before made character in a new 5-pack like Firebrand or Shroud. With that being said this group probably makes more sense from a sales standpoint. Mockingbird was certainly due for an update from Hasbro's early years attempt. I love the civilian suit Hank but wish it was a single card release so I could buy more for customs. The other three figures (Julia, Tigra and Tony) are all slight upgrades over what came (relatively recently) before. I'll definitely buy this and keep everybody, but I'm not really excited by it. Historically 5-packs have been a good way to sneak in a character or two that we wouldn't have gotten otherwise and that just didn't happen this time, in my opinion.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/a/uploads/scale_super/6/68065/7487055-2352452852-6bd79.jpg

Yeah one thing I just recently realized is the clear absence of Mockingbird's floofy sleeves, this being omitted on this suit seems just low, they could have easily used the sleeves from Lady Deathstrike, and this figure would have been the more accurate look I'd assume most people were looking for, I personally don't care since I don't really care for this look, I'm more of a fan of the modern take, so this was nothing I was asking for, and am happy with the Mockingbird I have, but I'm griping here for all my fellow fans, they really should have given her the sleeves, because I have doubts they will ever go back to a mockingbird like this.

Hmmm....Well, it was likely a really cool idea on paper, but the I swear the choices this team makes sometimes just utterly baffle me. Mockingbird...they combined her two classic looks...like what is the logic behind that? I'd love nothing more than to just point blank ask the designer/ sculptor if that's the design he wanted to see on his shelf? Is that the look he thought we'd want?? It's either a serious disconnect or just plain low-brow and cynical marketing; they can still entice us with two more figures of her that are her actual 80s looks. 

Iron Man here is a wasted opportunity in their not fixing the weird head articulation and still omitting calf-swivel joints. Hank Pym looks good, but phoned in. Same with Tigra; she needs a better face and hair. Spider-Woman here is the only good upgrade, but still not worth the set. Easy pass on this. The way this team keeps phoning in character after character, along with the cheap-shot marketing tactics is just making it easier for me to spend my money on other things. 

On 5/24/2023 at 1:02 PM, Reno said:

While I'll certainly be pre-ordering this, I'm honestly a little underwhelmed. I would have liked to see at least one never before made character in a new 5-pack like Firebrand or Shroud. With that being said this group probably makes more sense from a sales standpoint. Mockingbird was certainly due for an update from Hasbro's early years attempt. I love the civilian suit Hank but wish it was a single card release so I could buy more for customs. The other three figures (Julia, Tigra and Tony) are all slight upgrades over what came (relatively recently) before. I'll definitely buy this and keep everybody, but I'm not really excited by it. Historically 5-packs have been a good way to sneak in a character or two that we wouldn't have gotten otherwise and that just didn't happen this time, in my opinion.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/a/uploads/scale_super/6/68065/7487055-2352452852-6bd79.jpg

That is such a great shot of the WCA. While I have my gripes I will give it to Hasbro. For once they made a big push to finish a classic team that most of us wanted. We had a Julia but she was done poorly so I'm glad they did this update. But if you look at the rest of the team's figures they were all done fairly recently and this set just filled out the team. Wonder Man, Vision and War Machine have been out for a while and they will all serve well in the set but USAgent will be out shortly and Hawkeye just went up for sale and I feel like they made a true effort to finish out this team without dragging it out much longer. And then they do Black Knight and Sersi as well. Call this a winner from Hasbro. We can only hope they continue to see them pay some more fan service to the comic fans.