Another Marvel Legends Reveal Next Tuesday (5/30)?!?

JayC

Looks like Marvel Legends fans will want to mark their calendars for May 30th as Hasbro's Dan Yun has indicated that is when we will be seeing our next Marvel Legends reveal.

He goes on to say Tuesday will involve a little bit of news which I guess will cause him to get a lot of emails. No idea what it will be and it doesn't look like anything is slated to go up for pre-order next week unless it's another store exclusive.

When more details become available we will be sure to update you.

May-30.jpg

Yeah, at this point I’m not even gonna try and guess the reveals. They’ve been so random lately. But I’ve been itching for something new that I actually want lately so I’m hopeful. He said it’ll be busy so probably a good amount of stuff? Maybe a wave? Probably too early for NWH but the Lego set got revealed today so maybe??

X-Men 97 wave perhaps? , since we just saw the Helmet for Magneto, and we recently saw a cover variant for a comic that was based on XM97 , seems like that has potential, but also the Miles Morales movie comes out really soon, so it could be something based on that, maybe a new Scarlet Spider or Spider-Man India, which I bet would be exclusives.

but you know what would be waaay better, Ghost Rider retro carded wave reveal, or if not that Iron Man Retro Card wave reveal, when that wave ever comes out it has to have Mandarin and Century in it or I'll scream.

Wow. No breaks for us I guess. All that wishing and hoping for this X or that Y. I guess be careful what you ask for. I'm going to try not to complain though. About 80% of what Hasbro has revealed during this Anniversary have been above average to outstanding. Can't wait to see what's next. I just hope it isn't too expensive. I'm racking my brain to think of what it could possibly be but I either have no idea or possibly too many ideas. I would really love to see some Dark Avengers product. Maybe Dark Miss Marvel with swap heads or or Luke Cage or better yet an updated Iron Patriot.

While I do agree with a lot of the nitpicks people post about things Hasbro could do better (costume choices, size/choice of buck, lack of accessories, not completing teams that were started YEARS ago, pinless), I do still think they do one hell of a job, and that they get a lot right. That being said, I can't help but think about an old Toybiz wave that had Red Skull, Nick Fury, Silver Surfer, Colossus, Sabretooth, Mr. Fantastic, and Blade. Classic villains, cosmic characters, team leaders, anti-heroes...just an incredible blend! Made me think about how much harder it must be to create that kind of excitement with a wave these days since so many of the best characters have already been done, and most of them done quite well. Sure, there are plenty of collectors who want Squadron Supreme, Serpent Society, Reavers, Marauders, Starjammers, etc. (and I would like a lot of those too), but I can't imagine the excitement or satisfaction with finally getting them would ever be as high as for that old Toybiz wave with almost all of the characters being absolute must-haves. Recent (or upcoming) Blob, Ronan, Classic Ant-Man, Powerman, Hawkeye with sky cycle, Black Widow, Drax, Ultron, Red Skull, Dormammu, Wonderman, 80th Anniversary Cap/Thor/Ironman/Hulk, Colossus/Juggernaut two pack - for me these captured that old WOW reaction to what was coming out.  Now can we please get classic comic versions of Adam Warlock, Wasp, Iron Fist, Nebula, Valkyrie, Destiny, Ghost Rider, Mole Man, Nick Fury, Dum Dum Dugan, Daredevil, Mephisto, Captain Marvel, Warriors Three, Marvel Monsters, 1970's Blade...everything after that will just be icing on the cake!   

On 5/28/2023 at 9:35 AM, Joao said:

When will Hasbro give us Goliath/Giant Man figures not as Haslab but figures the size of Super Adaptoid, a lot of variant uniforms and a Black Goliath and a Clint Barton Goliath. If not Hasbro maybe Diamond can give us those figures because they kill it with big figures.

It will probably depend on if Hank is going to be a HasLab.

No interest in Gladiator Hulk, easy pass. Maybe this might somewhat help placate the MCU collectors who have been complaining about too much comic stuff lately. Especially if the NWH 3-pack is being shown this week also (which I also personally have zero interest in).

well that was an out of left field reveal, really wouldn't have thought they'd ever re-release this BAF as a deluxe, especially now at this point, it's not a bad figure, it's just also not a really amazing one either, it didn't even really have a MCU feel when they released it, kinda soft MCU/comicish face sculpts, well looks like they at least updated the faces to be more Mark Ruffalo-y, but I got no interest in this, easy pass, funny thing is I have been 1 part away from building this BAF since 2017, at one point I would have liked to build it, but that Ares is a real pain to get, and not even a good figure, anyways...I am actually curious as to who really will be excited about this one. Did people really have a great desire for this?

I really liked this BAF because it also looked good as a comic version. I really like the body model and think it would work out really good as a Skaar figure. I won't buy this one because I'm happy with the one I have and don't see much of a difference other than the new head sculpt but i would for sure buy a Skaar made from this model.

Works for me as I've only sporadically picked up a few of the characters from this wave at cons.  This wave was never a priority but uncollected BAF pieces were often a factor on whether or not to pick up something I've stumbled upon.  Now I won't have to bother, which is nice, because most of the characters from this one were done better afterward anyways.