Predator Vs Wolverine Coming From Marvel

JayC

It’s the bloodthirsty saga fans have been waiting for! This September, the Predator will be unleashed on the Marvel Universe for the very first time as he viciously hunts Wolverine across decades of Marvel Comic history in PREDATOR VS WOLVERINE! The four-issue limited series will be written by Benjamin Percy, the acclaimed writer known for taking Wolverine’s ferocious spirit to its limits in the character’s current ongoing solo series. Percy will be joined by a host of all-star artistic talent including Greg Land, Andrea Di Vito, Ken Lashley, Kei Zama, and many more. The series will reveal a bitter rivalry between Wolverine and a Yautja who’s been stalking him since his earliest days… Witness these never-before-told encounters as Percy brings the bloodiest hunters in all pop culture to their knees!

THE THRILL IS THE KILL! Wolverine has lived one of the longest and most storied lives in comics history. Now witness the untold greatest battles of Logan’s life – against a Predator! One Yautja seeks the greatest prey in existence – and finds it in Weapon X. From the blood-ridden snows of the Canadian wilderness to the sword-slinging streets of Madripoor, Wolverine and a Predator break everything in their paths on their way to the ultimate victory…or glorious death.

On why he’s the perfect writer to craft this groundbreaking story, Percy said, “I'm not going to say I was born to write this crossover... but sometimes the universe reveals why you were created. I am a child of the eighties. I cannot tell you how many times I watched Predator, just as I cannot tell you how many Wolverine comics I have read, because that would be like telling you how many breaths I've taken or cheeseburgers I've eaten. The mythologies of both are ingrained in me so deeply they might as well be strands of DNA or wisps of soul. The guns, claws, beef, and blood of both franchises have been stewing in my brain since 1987, when I read myself to sleep every night with a stack of Marvel comics and my friends and I used to play ‘Predator’ with Nerf guns in the woods and river near our neighborhood.”

“This epic hunt will span decades, as both of these giants learn and harden and grow deadlier with time,” Percy continued. “Neither will have time to bleed, but you better make time to read, because I'm putting everything I've got into this event, and I'm thrilled to join forces with some of the best artists in the business.”

Has the galaxy’s greatest hunter met its match? See Wolverine and the Predator cross blades in Marco Checchetto’s cover for the debut issue and pick up PREDATOR VS WOLVERINE this September!

PREDATOR VS WOLVERINE #1 (OF 4)
Written by BENJAMIN PERCY
Art by GREG LAND, ANDREA DI VITO & MORE!
Cover by MARCO CHECCHETTO
On Sale 9/20

PREDWOLVERINE2023001_cov.jpg

I don't think a laser can do any damage to an Adamantium cervical vertebrae, so his head couldn't be removed. But I know a number of writers have found a way around this or just ignored it all together. At any rate a Predator would cause severe damage, but ultimately Wolverine slashes off his limbs and then kills the other tribe members. 

On 6/8/2023 at 1:48 PM, Atlantis said:

I don't think a laser can do any damage to an Adamantium cervical vertebrae, so his head couldn't be removed. But I know a number of writers have found a way around this or just ignored it all together.

The Predator doesn't use a laser. It's a plasma weapon. Plasma is one of those things, like phasers in Star Trek, will do as much or as little damage as the writer wants it to do. But we seem to all agree that Wolverine will win.

Predators are written to lose.  That's their function in a story--to test the hero's mettle.

But......that said.........I see the Predators and their culture as being something like Batman, in that sufficient preparation can defeat ANY foe.
The Predators are like a chain........if one falls, another comes along, and realizing the predecessor has failed, learns from their mistake.
The whole point of the hunt is to keep hunting, to keep alive.
A victory over Wolverine, isn't to kill him, it's to STOP him.  And to then let another hunter have a go at him.  That's the prize here.

I was wondering when they'd get around to these types of crossovers...when DC and Darhorse(?)) did them they were fun but forgettable stories. Think they did Aliens too

So judging by the art, this story may take place shortly after Wolverine escapes the Weapon X facility? So maybe a dazed and confused Wolverine gets his butt handed to him at first? Then comes back all feral and exacts bloody revenge? Could be fun

Sure hope they don't crossover with say Squirell Girl. Wolverine makes sense, maybe Punisher.. they could sneak in a Conan battle maybe...

On 6/9/2023 at 1:32 PM, McHogan said:

I was wondering when they'd get around to these types of crossovers...when DC and Darhorse(?)) did them they were fun but forgettable stories. Think they did Aliens too

So judging by the art, this story may take place shortly after Wolverine escapes the Weapon X facility? So maybe a dazed and confused Wolverine gets his butt handed to him at first? Then comes back all feral and exacts bloody revenge? Could be fun

Sure hope they don't crossover with say Squirell Girl. Wolverine makes sense, maybe Punisher.. they could sneak in a Conan battle maybe...

Conan would be really ****ing cool.