Jump to content

San Diego Comic Con 2023


toynewman

Recommended Posts

On 7/21/2023 at 10:30 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah officially a nope for me on these, these new pics really show a better look of their faces, these are What If/Spider-Verse catagory, they are toon figures, not particularity passable as comic versions, I'll stick with these guys I got already.

the weird eye thing with Storm seems to be she's got her lids really low, looks like shes kinda sleepy or squinting, nada bro...and not sure that face for Rogue even looks like her at all.

spacer.png

 

Next!

 

Pass for me too....just not seeing anything that justifies buying these. Aside from some different heads, they're essentially the same thing that's already been put out.

I get it, hasbo is releasing these in conjunction with the new animated series, and it does make sense from that perspective. Kudos there. 

But, would have loved to see some more out-of-the-box ideas here. Detroit Steel is not for me but that was an excellent idea. Another surprise would be Lilandra. She got a head sculpt like a 4-5 years back, but nothing since. Mauler. Shockwave. Classic Shang-Chi. Blazing Skull. Red Raven.  Classic Vanguard. And who wouldn't say no to a Griffin BAF?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/21/2023 at 2:58 PM, McHogan said:

MAFEX DD looks a bit plain. It appears to lack muscle tone and while Select and now MAFEX went the monotone, uniformed red, I appreciate Hasbros effort all the more. With the way they offset the colors a bit.. 

XMen 97 I am missing the appeal. Granted I wasn't a viewer of the cartoon they are reviving here but the reveal isn't doing much to pull in new fans..as with all animated figures, these are to much of a specific vibe to have any crossover appeal. THANFULLY, no cell shading.. I guess there's that

On the flip side for MAFEX, their Phoenix looks fantastic proportion wise

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/21/2023 at 2:04 PM, Atlantis said:

Another surprise would be Lilandra. She got a head sculpt like a 4-5 years back, but nothing since.

Dave from Displaying Model Behavior said he's been told we're getting Lilandra in a 2-pack with civilian Wolverine in early 2024 for Wolvie's anniversary. There are also supposed to be 2-packs of Wolverine with Jim Lee Sabretooth, First Appearance Psylocke and Joe Fixit (Patch Wolvie with white tuxes). Those are the 4 that I remember off the top of my head.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/21/2023 at 4:18 PM, Outsiders said:

Finally, one Gambit, but still no Punisher...

The Punisher logo has become quite controversial over the last few years as several hate groups have been using it. I'm not going to get into anything political on here, just stating a fact. We may not see a new Punisher for quite some time (or ever) and if/when we do it will likely be using the new logo that he has been sporting in the comics. I broke down and went back and bought some older versions on ebay not so long ago because they might get harder to find in the future.

As for Gambit, I know that it's not new - but Target.com STILL has the retro card version for sale for $22.99. It feels like they've had it for YEARS now. Honestly it's not that different than the X-Men '97 version that they showed today - just maybe not as cartoony. However the new animated one does have some pinless joints that the older one doesn't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/21/2023 at 1:27 PM, Jormungand said:

".... The Vision on the Vulcan buck, finally making him a height and mass that this revered Avenger always deserved to be..."

Ah! Better, clearer picture so yes, the Vision does indeed have the proper ear cups, the cord is there, he's finally on a bigger buck! But the belt and the boots. They throw it all off.  They could have modified Yondu's belt, make it the same yellow plastic as the cape, and it would be a world of difference. AGGH. Still?!  Their chance to show Marvel Select up, and they blew it. Again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That Vision is perfect in my opinion.  Sure they could have sculpted the boots and the belt but it looks awesome! Vance ASTRO looks great as well. I'm really excited about Clea. I'm not familiar with the mindless one...looks like a walking volcano to me. Luke Cage!! Now bring on classic Iron FIST!! 

X-men '97 is a must buy for me...actually anything X-MEN is.

I'm still not pleased with storms hair or eyes but the rest look great...especially Gambit and Bishop. 

Crystar...man that was out of left field!! I still remember having the Remco figures in 1983!

Still holding out hope for an OUTBACK Psylocke soon. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Vision does look better now that we have clearer pics... that face is really good, surprisingly good.

Justice is great too. Way better than his later Avengers suits. But he did wear this on the team briefly. 

MKII is nice, though the open face plate looks a little older.. Wonder if it isn't re-use

Banner and Widow are amazing face printing

Looks to be another stellar year for Legends

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/21/2023 at 4:22 PM, Reno said:

The Punisher logo has become quite controversial over the last few years as several hate groups have been using it. I'm not going to get into anything political on here, just stating a fact. We may not see a new Punisher for quite some time (or ever) and if/when we do it will likely be using the new logo that he has been sporting in the comics. I broke down and went back and bought some older versions on ebay not so long ago because they might get harder to find in the future.

As for Gambit, I know that it's not new - but Target.com STILL has the retro card version for sale for $22.99. It feels like they've had it for YEARS now. Honestly it's not that different than the X-Men '97 version that they showed today - just maybe not as cartoony. However the new animated one does have some pinless joints that the older one doesn't.

I agree with what you said about The Punisher and I believe this is one of the reasons why Marvel decided to end the last storyline with Frank the way they did.  We might see something new sometime down the road as Marvel is supposed to introduce a new Punisher or Punisher-type character at SDCC this weekend.

As for Gambit, I feel Marvel has always held the character back in one way or another.  As for the figures go, Marvel does seem to do the same things over and over and if we see any of figures, then that figure is a special exclusive or throw in with some box set.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A pretty decent showing today. I thought we’d get the Haslab but I guess that’ll be Pulsecon or it’s own livestream like last year. The Knights wave is pretty good, some nice new sculpts. I’m probably only in for Iron Man cause that suit is ridiculously cool looking and Blade, maybe Luke too. I figured Peter would be the last 2-pack, I’d have preferred Chameleon but Smythe is a perfectly expected choice. Wish Peter was in the polo but this look is fine. The Infinity Saga stuff was a welcome surprise, I guess Banner is the unknown leaked figure. The MK 2 looks as good as expected, I’ve been wanting that since the MK 3 came out. Banner looks fantastic. So does Widow. If the rest of the wave looks that good I’ll have to do some upgrades.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/21/2023 at 4:38 PM, Atlantis said:

Ah! Better, clearer picture so yes, the Vision does indeed have the proper ear cups, the cord is there, he's finally on a bigger buck! But the belt and the boots. They throw it all off.  They could have modified Yondu's belt, make it the same yellow plastic as the cape, and it would be a world of difference. AGGH. Still?!  Their chance to show Marvel Select up, and they blew it. Again.

 Being your very favorite character, I understand the extreme scrutiny. I do however feel this will become most everyone's Vision of choice. I know I will be getting him for sure. Did anyone notice they even extended the yellow paint, of the glove, up the forearm too? Nice detail in my opinion. While on the subject, I have to believe we are getting more deep comic characters because both the pandemic and now the actor/writers strike has slowed down movie and television production. Therefore, where we may have gotten more MCU waves, we now are getting more comic based characters. From my viewpoint, this is a big win for us comics character collectors. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

All those figures look great. Can't say that I can name them all. Crystar is quite the figure out of left field. I've been wanting a decent classic Vision for quite awhile and will definitely be getting that one. Power Princess definitely. They did a great job conveying her physical strength. I'm hoping she comes packed in with Hepzibah, if she's in a 2 pack.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/21/2023 at 8:10 PM, Psychosomatic said:

I know we all gripe about not needing more Wolverine, Ironman or Captain America figures, but that is the best looking Wolverine figure ever produced. Great maskless head too!

Yeah this one looks awesome. Never got nor liked any of the tiger-stripe Wolverines they’ve done so far.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whaaaat This is an insane reveal here, so many awesome things to behold, Clea! finally, Crystar!, Lady Bullseye, Mindless One BAF! WHAAAT, Justice, Power Princess, New Blade, New Vision, we alredy knew that Power Man was gonna be nice but..sheesh,  so many great things, I know I need this Mindless One wave which is clearly the Marvel Knights wave, geez Crystar is crazy, this is really shaping up nicely here, the new MCU things look fantastic despite me not having interest, overall really good showing so far, man finally Clea I've been whining about that for years.

spacer.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/22/2023 at 12:52 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Whaaaat This is an insane reveal here, so many awesome things to behold, Clea! finally, Crystar!, Lady Bullseye, Mindless One BAF! WHAAAT, Justice, Power Princess, New Blade, New Vision, we alredy knew that Power Man was gonna be nice but..sheesh,  so many great things, I know I need this Mindless One wave which is clearly the Marvel Knights wave, geez Crystar is crazy, this is really shaping up nicely here, the new MCU things look fantastic despite me not having interest, overall really good showing so far, man finally Clea I've been whining about that for years.

spacer.png

Lol! You may want to watch the video presentation. Dwight specifically called out those in attendance to have them acknowledge that we were getting Clea, that we were heard, and that he delivered.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/22/2023 at 10:04 AM, Jormungand said:

Lol! You may want to watch the video presentation. Dwight specifically called out those in attendance to have them acknowledge that we were getting Clea, that we were heard, and that he delivered.

Yeah I def will, just have not have the time yet with work and such, super happy they heard us, Clea has been on my most wanted list forever. I'm so happy they gave us the classic look, the rumours were she was going to be in her Sorceress Supreme look and I wouldnt have been as happy.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/21/2023 at 2:59 PM, tarot said:

I just looked at Shartimus' video of the booth and there is a whole cased of Iron Men. Just Iron Men. In packaging. Are they hinting at something?

Are they going to give us anymore reveals this weekend? I hope so, I hope you are right and they are hinting at Iron Man retro card back wave, finally a Mandarin, there has to be a Mandarin in a retro IM wave right!? , also Century, Blacklash and Hypnotia, they gotta go in that wave, where else would those guys be appropriate? , and is it too much to ask for a second crack at Dreadknight?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE