Hasbro Marvel Legends Series S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent and Hydra Trooper 2-Pack

toynewman

Get ready to build up your Marvel Legends collection! Introducing the Marvel Legends Series S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent and Hydra Trooper 2-Pack, inspired by the Marvel comics! This 2-pack comes stacked with 13 accessories, including female-inspired hairstyles on 3 alternate heads! Lock in your pre-order exclusively at HasbroPulse and shopDisney starting August 17th at 1:00pm ET for Hasbro Pulse Premium members and for all fans beginning at 2:00pm ET!

HA.SA.0.jpg

HA.SA.1.jpg

HA.SA.2.jpg

HA.SA.3.jpg

HA.SA.4.jpg

HA.SA.5.jpg

HA.SA.7.jpg

HA.SA.8.jpg

HA.SA.9.jpg

HA.SA.10.jpg

HA.SA.11.jpg

Wow, these look fantastic! Honestly I need to really consider whether I want to bite the bullet and sign up for Pulse Premium before this goes live. With their track record of army builders I'm not terribly confident that there will be a lot of supply by the time non-premium members can purchase. I know that I want 3-4 of these 2-packs and I'm assuming others will do the same. I wonder if they'll set a maximum purchase limit? I feel like I've bought more Pulse exclusive stuff this year than ever before (Deadpool/Bob, Spidey Animated 2-packs, Drax/Moondragon, etc) that it might be getting closer to being worth it. I figure I'd have to order 7 times per year on orders without free shipping to make it worth it. I've only done 4 over the last year though. It's not often I worry about something selling out before I can get in as a non-premium member but this 2-pack might be one of those exceptions, and who knows if it would ever be restocked.... what do you guys think? Worried about it selling out before it opens to non-premium members? Think pulse premium is worth it? I've always said no, but maybe I need to reconsider. If I did it it, I'd probably have to do all of my other Legends pre-orders through them to in order to justify it to myself. Currently I get those through BBTS and I feel like they get them out A LOT faster than Pulse does. I'd love to read others' thoughts on this. Thanks!

EDIT: I'm expecting a $49.99 price point on this 2-pack. Anybody else expecting higher or lower?

These really do look very nice.  Splitting them up so that each pack has one of each was a solid move as well.  I hope there are still plenty left for everyone at 2:00.  I also hope they don't do something dumb like limit the number of army-builders you can order to 2.  Think I want to get four, myself, but I'll see what the price tag says.

On 8/16/2023 at 8:08 AM, Reno said:

Wow, these look fantastic! Honestly I need to really consider whether I want to bite the bullet and sign up for Pulse Premium before this goes live. With their track record of army builders I'm not terribly confident that there will be a lot of supply by the time non-premium members can purchase. I know that I want 3-4 of these 2-packs and I'm assuming others will do the same.

As to the figures, its great to see this kind of thing happening.  A number of us here on the forum have been asking for female troop builders /2-3 packs for some time, so maybe, just maybe, some hasbo person is catching on! Yay!

Cons: Wish they'd add some calf/boot rotation to these female figs. Off the top of my head, the only one I can think of that has it, is Jubilee. Having said that, if they dont wanna do it for basic troop builders, fine. I get it. But I can't understand why no holsters at all for them? Also, really wish they'd offer these in a 3 pack option.  Not sure why they seem to have backed off on that for troop builders.

Pros:  If these renders (and past performance) are any indicator, those faces are ON POINT. YES, MY SON! SO very well done!  

Pulse worth it? eh.....they run out of stock way way too fast. 

Pulse Premium is worth it for me, Reno, if for nothing else, something like this. My guess is, they will limit quantities to 2 per customer, to make sure everyone has a chance (though I could be wrong). BBTS is nice, but I don't like the $2.00 upcharge on just about everything. They do get stuff a little faster than Hasbro though.

Man this 2 pack looks excellent, I really want this, hate the pulse exclusive thing but I'll cave easily, love how good those unmasked heads are, I might try and get 2 of these to make a bunch of various figures, also thinking of putting that Blonde hair head on the old Sharon Carter figure to give that a nice update. Really looking forward to this, I'm going to scream if I can't get it.

On 8/16/2023 at 8:51 AM, MonsterChris said:

These really do look very nice.  Splitting them up so that each pack has one of each was a solid move as well.  I hope there are still plenty left for everyone at 2:00.  I also hope they don't do something dumb like limit the number of army-builders you can order to 2.  Think I want to get four, myself, but I'll see what the price tag says.

Yeah they seem to have forgotten the entire point of troop building, if they're gonna limit the number.  And again, where are the holsters....when they did the HYDRA 2 pack 'bout 7 years ago (?) those dudes got shoulder harness/ holsters, vests, hoods....hopefully fan response will be enough to get hasbo to re-issue for regular retail sale

On 8/16/2023 at 2:26 PM, leokearon said:

The blonde head looks a bit like Sharon Carter.

Still looks really cool, but the price will depend if I go for it. Now if only they would re-release the other army builders

Dude! So right. I was just about to say that. I've been hoping for a new Sharon Carter figure forever. I wish they'd just done another pack like they did in the old Before Infinite days but with maybe a Nick Fury, Jr. instead of the Stealth Armor. And then they could have done a female Hydra Agent with a male agent on a different mold than the previous one. And given them both several head sculpts. I bought up a ton of Nick Fury and Hydra agents army builders many years ago but they are all basically the same size so a little variety would be cool. As this is I'll probably get a couple of sets. Assuming the price isn't too steep. But I'm not confident that will be the case. I'm betting around $50 will be the damage. Not that female characters are not important but they honestly do use a significant amount less plastic and there really arent all that many accessories beyond a couple of head sculpts that both figures have to share.

On 8/16/2023 at 4:51 PM, AndyL said:

Dude! So right. I was just about to say that. I've been hoping for a new Sharon Carter figure forever. I wish they'd just done another pack like they did in the old Before Infinite days but with maybe a Nick Fury, Jr. instead of the Stealth Armor. And then they could have done a female Hydra Agent with a male agent on a different mold than the previous one. And given them both several head sculpts. I bought up a ton of Nick Fury and Hydra agents army builders many years ago but they are all basically the same size so a little variety would be cool. As this is I'll probably get a couple of sets. Assuming the price isn't too steep. But I'm not confident that will be the case. I'm betting around $50 will be the damage. Not that female characters are not important but they honestly do use a significant amount less plastic and there really arent all that many accessories beyond a couple of head sculpts that both figures have to share.

The rumor is we're getting a SHIELD agent 3-pack in early 2024 with Sharon, Dum Dum and Nick Fury (with a swappable Nick Fury Jr head). Source: Dave from Displaying Model Behavior. I'll definitely be buying a couple of those sets, if true. Regardless I still hope to buy up to 4 of these SHIELD/Hydra female agent 2-packs tomorrow.

I still keep hoping that I'll see the Quake/Maria figure on clearance online somewhere for $12 or less but haven't seem them get low enough to justify buying more than the original 2 that I pre-ordered before they came out. The Avengers wave Yelena Black Widow is another one that I'm still hoping to have that happen with yet...  I never saw either of those figures in the wild anywhere at all so they certainly never made it to clearance locally, so will have to wait to see if they ever get clearanced out online somewhere. 50% off or better is my line in the sand on that kind of stuff.

Also, not at all trying to derail this post, but staying on the topic of army builders - did anyone ever receive the Tracksuit Mafia figures that pre-ordered them through Target? I know they've long since supposedly come and gone from the stores (something else that I never ever saw), but I've got 3 pre-ordred through Target (across 2 different orders) that still show up with no release date. I pre-ordered them the day that they went up. It seems weird that they never shipped.

On 8/16/2023 at 2:11 PM, Reno said:

"...did anyone ever receive the Tracksuit Mafia figures that pre-ordered them through Target? I know they've long since supposedly come and gone from the stores (something else that I never ever saw), but I've got 3 pre-ordred through Target (across 2 different orders) that still show up with no release date. I pre-ordered them the day that they went up. It seems weird that they never shipped..."

Negative, Ghost Rider, not seen here either.  Same pre-order showing on site with no delivery date as yet.

I'll Try for 3 sets. I was able to snag a few extra Quake/ Hills so this amount t reaches my "army"

Dang pre-order tomorrow already?!? We all know how this goes: mad pre-order rush, this sells out, we're given a March '24 release date, our cards are charged Friday,  product in hand Saturday....wife kicks me about $100 unexpectedly coming out of our account

On 8/16/2023 at 5:11 PM, Reno said:

did anyone ever receive the Tracksuit Mafia figures that pre-ordered them through Target?

Nope.  Found exactly one in stores at random, and that was it.

Back on track in regards to Pulse's quantity limit, what I really wish they'd do is reset that limit after a number of months go by, particularly when it comes to army builders.  I mean, I get why they do it on the initial offering, but months down the line after the item has long since released and they randomly come back in stock, you still can't buy more because you reached your order limit a year ago.  It's very frustrating.  Glad they didn't initially do that with the Hydra/Aim/Hellfire Club agents.  Back then if I was ordering something from Pulse, I'd throw a couple bucks towards one of those, just because.  I must have something like 20 of each.  My Skrulls, SHIELD Agents and (grey) Hand Ninjas all pale in comparison.  An "army" limited to 5 just feels sad. 

Not my cup of tea, but glad for those that want them.

Even if I was interested, you can be damn sure I wouldn't use shopDisney as a reliable Outlet. Not after that X-Force 3 Pack debacle back in March of 2022.

Still burns me that shop.Disney cancelled all pre orders. And from what I could tell. Hasbro Pulse sold-out without a re-stock.

On 8/17/2023 at 2:41 AM, Thwippersnapper said:

Nothing I need but a nice offer to build onto current armies. I’m just waiting on some classic Hydra henchmen. 
IMG_2493.thumb.jpeg.a2a639a45e8dc78f6931baa8c41f09e5.jpegIMG_2488.thumb.jpeg.cd26f2aba51df7710852341856509310.jpeg

I believe we got that one way back when Hasbro got the license in the Brood Queen wave my friend. They were quite good for the time but I think that's because Toybiz had had them sculpted before Hasbro took over. Still, if they were to re-release these things as army builders through Hasbro Pulse I bet they'd sell like hotcake. Me and my ex chased down about 6 of these in the wild back then but I'd be in for another dozen or so if they rereleased them.

On 8/17/2023 at 9:07 AM, McHogan said:

Woof... $50 a pop. So much for cheap army building.

Despite this, or because of this, I only grabbed 2 sets. 

Dang, if army builders aren't discounted they lose a bit of the appeal. The male sets were only $33 

GAHH! HOW are they MISSING this?? Hasbo, how many more sets would he and others have picked up at $33 or even slightly higher?