Hasbro Celebrates Avengers 60th Anniversary! Part 1 of 7

toynewman

On 10/23/2023 at 8:51 AM, SpiderS said:

Does anyone remember how Rancor's final day was? Was is getting new backer every minute like Giant man is now? Or it lost backers like Ghost rider and then got addition of overseas orders? Because it was only around 500 buckers shy from funding. 

Rancor had a net positive of 2709 backers in its final 12 hours. It was only 427 short of funding.

On 10/23/2023 at 7:40 AM, SpiderS said:

I will be honest smiling face plate is horrible and creepy and does nothing if not outright discourage buying, if  buyer is on the fence having off putting face like this is not a good strategy, I might be reaching but there could be psychological reasons for it thanks to that uncanny valley creepy smiling face acting as instant "NO".

You're right. "Determined" superhero face and "relaxed, smiling" face is all they needed for this. They may not have been going for "whacko" but that's what they ended up with, and its done this figure no favors.

On 10/24/2023 at 12:04 AM, JayC said:

Ive been tracking it on an hourly basis since this morning. Up until 12pm it was doing under 100. at between 1pm and 2pm it had its biggest jump of 216 backers but since its been avg around 100 an hour. With 7hrs left it needs 1693. That translates to 242 backers an hour for the remaining 7hrs.

I'm glad I'm not the only one obsessively checking and counting that. It close to 9 k already, so I guess with such spikes it's safe to assume they already including overseas backers unless I'm missing something. 

Holy hell, this thing might really make it!  Not gonna lie, as much as I want to see it succeed so I can have it in my collection, I would also love to see it succeed so it humbles all those who don't work for Hasbro yet seem to know everything there is to know about toy marketing. We all have thoughts and feelings about this stuff, but it exhausting to see people be so confident they know everything about the inner workings of Hasbro, and the toy collecting community because they buy toys.

On 10/23/2023 at 3:57 PM, JayC said:

The EoV lost all hope when it missed the early bird goal. Thats when the counter started going down and not up. I dont think it ever went up significantly after that. Showing all the stretch goals at NYCC was a last ditch effort to try and save it which failed.

I do seem to remember it getting a bit of a bump at one time but as you said it wasn't significant. Only reason I remember is because i saw it going up and briefly considered putting my support back in. But it never recovered. And like you said the Early Bird thing was what started the burn. Yeah that was a really bad idea. Everything about that was just wrong from the start.

On 10/23/2023 at 6:35 PM, SpiderS said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one obsessively checking and counting that. It close to 9 k already, so I guess with such spikes it's safe to assume they already including overseas backers unless I'm missing something. 

I don't think so. I would think that Hasbro would count those all at once and do a mass dump. I never saw a big jump or a massive stoppage at any time today. Just a steady yet much faster pace than previous days. Of course I'm no expert so who knows.

On 10/23/2023 at 7:38 PM, AndyL said:

Do you think those big gains ARE from international sales or do they tac those on at the end?

No way to say for sure but yes my feeling when your seeing massive bumps like 500 an hour its Hasbro adding in those backers from retailers Hasbro worked with for people who didnt have access to pulse.