Hasbro Celebrates Avengers 60th Anniversary! Part 1 of 7

toynewman

Hooray! This is great! I'm very happy!

I've said from the beginning that I expected about 40% of the orders to go in during the final few days / weekend. They came in even more last minute than I expected - it's really been the very last day and final hours rather than the final weekend - but I"ll take it!! I'll be watching closely over the next 3 hours to see if we hit either of the tiers that will make me want to buy a 2nd or even 3rd one. I really, really like that Skrull head - but not as crazy about the zombie face plate. I bought 3 Sentinels from the first HasLab during COVID and have always regretted not buying a fourth - so there is some fear for me of regretting not buying an extra one of these also. I never really considered getting multiples of Galactus and just bought the one of him.

I've got to tell you though that I did feel like I was personally attacked on this board when I stated that there were lots of people like me that would wait until the very end to back this, no matter what. That's just how some of us work. It has nothing to do with a lack of fandom. I've been collecting this line since the very early days of Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Hulk and X-Men Classics, since the very first Toy Biz actual Marvel Legends wave with Toad. I've got at least one version of every character ever made by Habro/ToyBiz/Diamond/Mezco - but there were people acting like I didn't care about this succeeding because I said that I knew that I (like many, many others) would wait until near the very end to back it. There was never a question about me backing it - but I felt like people were pointing fingers. I just think that the toxicity has to chill. The negativity on other boards (especially YouTube and Reddit) is far, far worse - but no one should ever be lecturing someone else about their toy buying habits and telling them what they should or shouldn't do, when they should commit to a purchase and when they shouldn't. One individual even called out what I do as a profession and seemingly questioned my acumen. C'mon, we're better than that as a community. When this type of things happens, we need to be better about calling it out and letting it be known that it's not acceptable (and that's not a jab at the moderators who do a fantastic job). Rant ended. I'm not trying to stir up drama, I only bring this up in the hopes that it doesn't happen again in the future. For the record, most with a opposing viewpoint are very diplomatic. I can only think of a couple who aren't and their comments are easy enough to find if someone wanted to go back and look. I'm glad that most of us are kind and respectful to each other.

I'm happy that I'll have this Hank in my collection in a year or so and I'm happy for everyone else who wanted him and is getting him too. Nice job, everyone! Over 11,000 now with a little more than 2 hours to go - maybe 12,000 is in sight! Is 14,000 possibly even still in play??

Whew!! Oh man this is such good news. I honestly can't tell you the last time I was this happy to spend $200 on action figures. OK well it was very recently, when the Avengers 60th anniversary sets all dropped. 

But Giant-Man funding is the best finale to this year's incredible offerings! And the anniversary continues next year!!

I don't give to craps about the alt face/heads.. those were never going to see the light of day. Good lord, when I checked this morning it was thousands away from funding. What a comeback!!

Edit: also day 1 backer as well... what month of ups and downs emotionally haha

Man so happy this was funded. This is the first Haslab I have been able to fund as I finally have the means to purchase it, sucks I missed out on Galactus. But this is at like 11,400 so I mean this might get to the zombie face, I wish that were switched with the Skrull one tho. 

On 10/23/2023 at 9:14 PM, GnarlyCharlie85 said:

After dozens of youtube videos on why this won't fund it funds. Marvel legends click bait season is over till next year.Tomarrow would be nice to see renders or hear anything about the other figures to go along with giant man.

An entire wave would be awesome but as most are quick to point out GM may not be popular enough to carry a wave. What might be cool is a wave with Gold Mark 1 Iron Man and a classic Hulk on a smaller body model as the BAF.

On 10/23/2023 at 9:46 PM, Reno said:

And there's 12k, can we see 14k in the last 75 minutes??

Haha! Now that would be a sight my friend. Especially after I've been bird watching this thing the entire time. Seeing it creep up 10, creep back down 5, and then creep up 12 almost daily for a long while. To see it blast 2k within an hour would be a nice change of pace.

If I cared about either Zombie or Skrull heads I agree with many that the Skrull would have been more ideal. For me anyway, Secret Invasion was one of Bendis's few good ideas and while some of the Skrull reveals were convenient ways to bring back long dead characters or explain another  characters odd behavior, I pretty much chalk up anything by Bendis as lazy writing.

Now here's a question: I know this doesn't really apply to Marvel Legends since the two that funded reached all their tiers, but has any unreached tier from Star Wars, G.I. Joe or Transformers ever been released at a later date? Or as part of another deluxe/exclusive/Haslab? In other words, if 14, 000 isn't reached, would Hasbro give fans a way to get Skrull head later? I don't follow the other Hasbro brands so I couldn't say if such a thing has ever happened

On 10/23/2023 at 6:14 PM, GnarlyCharlie85 said:

After dozens of youtube videos on why this won't fund it funds. Marvel legends click bait season is over till next year.Tomarrow would be nice to see renders or hear anything about the other figures to go along with giant man.

It was sucking wind for awhile there so its not surprising that it looked like it wasn't going to fund.  Maybe Wasp changed the game enough. At any rate, those who wanted Giant-Man will get him,  and those who wanted Wasp will get her.

The Hasbro Marvel Legends HasLab Giant-Man campaign has come to an end. The campaign reached it's minimum funding goal earlier today and was able to unlock the first stretch goal about hour ago for the Marvel Zombies Faceplate.

The second stretch goal for the Secret Invasion Skrull Head which needed 14k backers failed to be unlocked and will not be included. The campaign ended with a total of 13,889 backers.

On 10/23/2023 at 9:14 PM, GnarlyCharlie85 said:

On 10/23/2023 at 10:53 PM, Atlantis said:

It was sucking wind for awhile there so its not surprising that it looked like it wasn't going to fund.  Maybe Wasp changed the game enough. At any rate, those who wanted Giant-Man will get him,  and those who wanted Wasp will get her.

For real. It got so exhausting every time I opened up YT. It was like BLAM right in your face. There are a few channels you automatically knew were going to start the mud machine but there were some pretty well known and well respected ones that went way out to foster the fear and negativity. I too suspect it had a bit to do with getting clicks but to me it felt like a few of these guys sold their soul. One of the guys in particular I used to have so much respect for but has really gone down hill in the past year. Of course they've got some other stuff going and I don't know what's going on in their life but I've pretty much just written them off at this point. I really do think these people had an effect on the final total. I'd even say this thing would have funded sooner or higher without all their fear mongering. Even if just by a little. Whatever their problems were they're only going to cut their own throats in the end.

On 10/24/2023 at 12:01 AM, JayC said:

The Hasbro Marvel Legends HasLab Giant-Man campaign has come to an end. The campaign reached it's minimum funding goal earlier today and was able to unlock the first stretch goal about hour ago for the Marvel Zombies Faceplate.

The second stretch goal for the Secret Invasion Skrull Head which needed 14k backers failed to be unlocked and will not be included. The campaign ended with a total of 13,876 backers.

They should put in both  goals. 

On 10/23/2023 at 11:53 PM, Atlantis said:

Seems pretty clear to me Hasbro waits until the final hours to dump in their overseas backers. If you just watched the progression of backers for the last 6 hours it was a constant steady progression min by min, increasing more and more hour by hour. Sure with last minute backers you would see surges here and there, but constant steady growth hour by hour, I just don't by that is natural. It would make sense that the overseas etailers Hasbro works with were Pulse isn't available would wait until the last day and the final hours of the day to send Hasbro their final sales numbers. I'm glad those who wanted him will get him, but at the same time the numbers on these things I find to be pretty misleading and most of this just comes off as smoke and mirrors used for marketing purposes.

The fact that I've had to update the final tally three different times 30 mins after the campaign officially ended shows that all the numbers aren't being added in real time.