Hasbro Reveals 2023 Pulse-Con Exclusives And Slate Of Programming

JayC

On 9/22/2023 at 5:12 PM, Hordak Rules said:

Did I miss what the figures were that were only previously an alternative had and an exclusive?

No. They said they were only going to reveal one today. The never been released before which was Red Widow. The rest to be revealed at a non specified later date. I assume at least one other if not both at NYCC.

here are all the convention exclusive that have yet to get a general release

1.    Ka-Zar
2.    Zabu
3.    Shanna
4.    Ghost (Comic)
5.    Satana
6.    Blastaar
7.    Hela (Comic)
8.    Purple Man
9.    Dreadknight
10.    Bor
11.    Colleen Wing (MCU)
12.    Collector (MCU)
13.    Sebastian Shaw
14.    Donald Pierce
15.    Selene
16.    The Captain

On 9/22/2023 at 5:39 PM, AnotherPunkChef said:

Got Matt Murdock pre-ordered already! But man, people who bought the 3 Spidey pack are gonna be pissed that the single cards come with unmasked heads 

It is a bit of a sour pill to swallow....

I love the Sub-Mariner and liked the Byrne run on his book. Wasn't that crazy about his "skinny" Namor but overall the run was good; Jae Lee's work was definitely different. Very abstract in some shots; a lot of stylistic interpretations. Not bad, because I did look forward to each issue, but that 80's rock band Big Hair look was out there. Never expected to see a figure based on that. Am I gonna get it, not sure. 

Namorita is a hard pass. Great face though. One thing about this figure, its a reminder to me that she does/did have quite a number of outfits and looks, most of them were drek. I am glad they're gonna do classic Namorita. Would love to see Namora too, along with the rest of the Agents of Atlas.

OK so NWH stuff.... as stated, the un.asked heads is a kick to the jewels for us box set buyers. Other than that, Sandman looks like he did int he film. Which wasn't great but screen accurate.. 

Hate the Retro card backs for these. Makes no sense and looks like crap compared to 90%  of the MCU product ( hey, plastic free packaging was a corporate mandate, can't help those).

Odd that they have Doc Ock as Spider-Man 2. Did they explain why? Or just to re-release him in NWH colors/ packaging later?

The Void wave... I'm torn. Is this the rumored next Avengers wave?  Love the new Vision,Priest Panther amd Justice. The Heroes Return Era getting some love....Namor and Namorita are maybe and Zarda looks phoned in, especially since her trammates look so good.but Crystar is the Orb of the wave. Waste of plastic.

Void looks cool.

On 9/22/2023 at 4:39 PM, McHogan said:

OK so NWH stuff.... as stated, the un.asked heads is a kick to the jewels for us box set buyers. Other than that, Sandman looks like he did int he film. Which wasn't great but screen accurate.. 

Hate the Retro card backs for these. Makes no sense and looks like crap compared to 90%  of the MCU product ( hey, plastic free packaging was a corporate mandate, can't help those).

Odd that they have Doc Ock as Spider-Man 2. Did they explain why? Or just to re-release him in NWH colors/ packaging later?

The Void wave... I'm torn. Is this the rumored next Avengers wave?  Love the new Vision,Priest Panther amd Justice. The Heroes Return Era getting some love....Namor and Namorita are maybe and Zarda looks phoned in, especially since her trammates look so good.but Crystar is the Orb of the wave. Waste of plastic.

Void looks cool.

Doc Ock is wearing the turtleneck which is his NWH look. I have no idea why they branded it under Spider-Man 2. That and Andrew’s ASM2 package give me hope for Sony anniversary releases though.

I'm thinking I might buy the set of Marvel Legends. I haven't done that in a bit now. I've never been happy with any of the classic Vision figures that have been released over the years. I'm finally getting one. His story is interesting. I've always liked the character. Power Princess is a must. Kudos to Hasbro for finishing a core team so quickly. I hope they add to the roster. I'd like some more Serpent Society, too. 

Namorita and Lobo have grown on me. They will be other Atlantean characters. Hopefully the classic Namorita rumor is true. 

And Crystar, the crystal warrior? How can I not get him? Black Panther looks great. The other guy I don't care about but if I get the set, I get the BAF, which looks interesting. Some kind of demon lobster?

On 9/22/2023 at 9:44 PM, ransomz said:

I'm thinking I might buy the set of Marvel Legends. I haven't done that in a bit now. I've never been happy with any of the classic Vision figures that have been released over the years. I'm finally getting one. His story is interesting. I've always liked the character. Power Princess is a must. Kudos to Hasbro for finishing a core team so quickly. I hope they add to the roster. I'd like some more Serpent Society, too. 

Namorita and Lobo have grown on me. They will be other Atlantean characters. Hopefully the classic Namorita rumor is true. 

And Crystar, the crystal warrior? How can I not get him? Black Panther looks great. The other guy I don't care about but if I get the set, I get the BAF, which looks interesting. Some kind of demon lobster?

He IS a Demon Lobster. The combined might of both the Avengers and Xmen barely defeated him with timely assistance from Squirrel Girl and a a tub of butter. This was during Brian Michael Bendis Reign of terror.

I'm f'ing around but honestly the Void may be one of the best powered up representations ever. Even if you have no idea about this character or origin, get this Legend. One of the best ever

On 9/22/2023 at 8:46 PM, Ironspider428 said:

Doc Ock is wearing the turtleneck which is his NWH look. I have no idea why they branded it under Spider-Man 2. That and Andrew’s ASM2 package give me hope for Sony anniversary releases though.

Yeah very weird right? Also didn't the tease fro. Some time back have the NHW ock arms as well? Like specific colors or lights? The pics of thos Doc don't seem to have that. 

Also.... pretty happy this isn't a true Spidey 2 Doc Ock as nobody needs a shirtless Alfred Molina... I mean... again...

On 9/22/2023 at 7:46 PM, Ironspider428 said:

It might be licensing related. There were reports of there being some sort of issue with SH Figuarts' figure of Andrew Garfield Spidey from the movie that led to them scrapping the unmasked head after it was already solicited. That is presumably why the subsequent Garfield figures from Hot Toys and Hasbro were labelled as Amazing Spider-Man 2 instead to skirt the issue.

So my first thought is maybe there's a similar issue with Alfred Molina's likeness. But then again Hot Toys already showed off a NWH Ock figure, so I'm not sure what the problem would be then.

On 9/22/2023 at 7:22 PM, Atlantis said:

I love the Sub-Mariner and liked the Byrne run on his book. Wasn't that crazy about his "skinny" Namor but overall the run was good; Jae Lee's work was definitely different. Very abstract in some shots; a lot of stylistic interpretations. Not bad, because I did look forward to each issue, but that 80's rock band Big Hair look was out there. Never expected to see a figure based on that. Am I gonna get it, not sure. 

Namorita is a hard pass. Great face though. One thing about this figure, its a reminder to me that she does/did have quite a number of outfits and looks, most of them were drek. I am glad they're gonna do classic Namorita. Would love to see Namora too, along with the rest of the Agents of Atlas.

So in my (admittedly) spotty comic recollection,  dodnt "Savage" Namor have a full on gangly beard with the long hair? And good lord did this look line up with the equally gangly Aquaman with hook hand ? And I swear this version of Namorita's suit was closer to blue or aqua... I'm going to have to pull out my copy of Civil War to verify...

I'm a big Namor fan but my preference is his classic green speedo. With the Walgreens version as well I'm actually pretty shocked Hasbro went for arguably his 3rd most recognizable look. Also, I was long out of comics in this era for Namor so not sure this is a look I need for any (IMO) important eras of his history. BUT... (and this is a big BUT) ... maybe such an odd, obscure version of Namor means someday we could get the gold highlighted Moon Knight from his WCA run.. g@@dam@ we are in a golden age of Legends for sure 

On 9/22/2023 at 5:55 PM, tarot said:

here are all the convention exclusive that have yet to get a general release

1.    Ka-Zar
2.    Zabu
3.    Shanna
4.    Ghost (Comic)
5.    Satana
6.    Blastaar
7.    Hela (Comic)
8.    Purple Man
9.    Dreadknight
10.    Bor
11.    Colleen Wing (MCU)
12.    Collector (MCU)
13.    Sebastian Shaw
14.    Donald Pierce
15.    Selene
16.    The Captain

Wasn't there a She-Hulk in FF uniform somewhere in the mix? Or was that an Etailers exclusive. I bought one on the 2nd market before the prices went sky high but I'm not sure which exclusive banner it was sold under because it had no box.

Namor: This isn't the Namor I wanted, but shouldn't he have a beard like the other guy said? No buy.

Namorita: Looks good, but wrong Namorita. No buy except maybe on clearance.

Wonder Woman Knockoff: Looks good, but again, wrong one. Her 80s look was really cool and unique. This one just looks like a Wonder Woman knock off. No buy. 

Vision: Looks good. Must buy.

Black Panther: Looks good for what it is, but it's not the look I want. No buy.

Crystar: Looks good. Probably buy.

The Other Guy: Looks lame. Not from Gruenwald's Squadron Supreme. No buy.

Void: Looks kinda cool but way outta my era and not buying the whole set to get it, so no buy.

Detroit Steel: Looks kinda cool, but way outta my era. No buy.

Edited by NotNamed
edited to remove verboten discussion

On 9/22/2023 at 9:30 PM, NotNamed said:

"...Namor: This isn't the Namor I wanted, but shouldn't he have a beard like the other guy said? No buy.

Namorita: Looks good, but wrong Namorita. No buy except maybe on clearance...."

When Jae Lee took over the art, the storyline had Namor in another amnesia spell and he had a feral, shaggy beard then. Later, when wearing the "sacred armor of Atlantis" as he does in this figure, it was just the wild hair. But I can see the confusion, 'cause Lee used a lot of stylized inking and shadow (he also did some killer shots of Namorita and Namor's mom, Princess Fen....) and there are many panels where someone could think the Sub-Mariner had a beard in those shots. 

Some really solid reveals. Mainly interested in the Spiderman stuff and they didn't disappoint. I like how we're getting the new suit from NWH for Holland, although the body might be a little larger than it should. That Andrew Garfield Spiderman is now a masterpiece completed with the unmasked head. Way more impressive than Maguire's. I'm also happy that they're giving us the masked heads too, cause I feared they would skip those because of the three pack. Mj is fine, good to see pinless body for the suited figures in Matt Murdock and I appreciate the accessories with Sandman, but I would've prefered a Spiderman 3 version with the classic outfit. KInda weird that he's naked. Green Goblin is the highlight of these new Spiderman movie figures, he's just awesome. Doc Ock looks great with the bendy wires on the tentacles. And they really are massive, too. Don't know why he's from Spiderman 2 though, I don't know if they mentioned it on the stream, I didn't watch it. 

On 9/23/2023 at 6:29 AM, AndyL said:

Wasn't there a She-Hulk in FF uniform somewhere in the mix? Or was that an Etailers exclusive. I bought one on the 2nd market before the prices went sky high but I'm not sure which exclusive banner it was sold under because it had no box.

they said character so I'm assuming it's not anyone that has been released in another costume.

On 9/22/2023 at 8:02 PM, McHogan said:

Yeah very weird right? Also didn't the tease fro. Some time back have the NHW ock arms as well? Like specific colors or lights? The pics of thos Doc don't seem to have that. 

Also.... pretty happy this isn't a true Spidey 2 Doc Ock as nobody needs a shirtless Alfred Molina... I mean... again...

Yeah, they teased one of the bottom Doc Ock tentacles at SDCC. I thought it looked different but looking at it now it's actually exactly what we got here. It looks like they sculpted in the little nanotech segments on the tentacles but didn't paint them, I assume for a more neutral look. Some gold paint would have gone a long way honestly.

I heard that these will both be $50, it makes sense for Goblin since he's basically a Riders figure like Hawkeye, but Ock really shouldn't be that high. I'd say $40 for him would be good but I guess they have to upcharge for the tentacle engineering. Anyway, buying both him and Goblin at $50 is still less than the SHF Goblin and the Hasbro one looks better so I can't really complain.

On 9/23/2023 at 12:04 PM, Ironspider428 said:

Yeah, they teased one of the bottom Doc Ock tentacles at SDCC. I thought it looked different but looking at it now it's actually exactly what we got here. It looks like they sculpted in the little nanotech segments on the tentacles but didn't paint them, I assume for a more neutral look. Some gold paint would have gone a long way honestly.

I heard that these will both be $50, it makes sense for Goblin since he's basically a Riders figure like Hawkeye, but Ock really shouldn't be that high. I'd say $40 for him would be good but I guess they have to upcharge for the tentacle engineering. Anyway, buying both him and Goblin at $50 is still less than the SHF Goblin and the Hasbro one looks better so I can't really complain.

It's so cool that Hasbro is doing  versions of these guys. $50 does seem steep but he has been the exception on over priced lately. I felt the Avengers 60th stuff was fairly priced except the joke that was Super-Adaptoid.  

My only (very slight) knock is for stickers, there is no crossover to the Raimi films as these are clearly NWH versions. But I'm confident they will be repainted down  the road for thise early films. No Way these sculpts dor Govlin and Doc Ock get used once.

On 9/23/2023 at 9:12 AM, McHogan said:

It's so cool that Hasbro is doing  versions of these guys. $50 does seem steep but he has been the exception on over priced lately. I felt the Avengers 60th stuff was fairly priced except the joke that was Super-Adaptoid.  

My only (very slight) knock is for stickers, there is no crossover to the Raimi films as these are clearly NWH versions. But I'm confident they will be repainted down  the road for thise early films. No Way these sculpts dor Govlin and Doc Ock get used once.

Yeah, the Avengers wave was extremely fairly priced, even compared to last years anniversary wave. 

I definitely see them tweaking the Doc Ock and Green Goblin figures to their Raimi looks. Doc Ock really just needs a new upper torso but Goblin would need a whole new sculpt, reusing the glider and mask. There's way too much sculpted detail on this version to allow them to just straight up reuse it. They may have some stage of the digital model that is the clean version though, before they added the extra details.

On 9/23/2023 at 1:32 AM, Atlantis said:

When Jae Lee took over the art, the storyline had Namor in another amnesia spell and he had a feral, shaggy beard then. Later, when wearing the "sacred armor of Atlantis" as he does in this figure, it was just the wild hair. But I can see the confusion, 'cause Lee used a lot of stylized inking and shadow (he also did some killer shots of Namorita and Namor's mom, Princess Fen....) and there are many panels where someone could think the Sub-Mariner had a beard in those shots. 

Yeah. Thanks for bringing me back to looking through some nice comics. It looks like the cover of #37, although the interior has him wearing a pony tail. Then when he has the hair loose again at the end of the comic, he's wearing the Atlantean armor and it starts a run of him looking like the figure, but with the armor. Kinda wish the figure had the armor. Either way, I am more interested after looking back at those issues.

On 9/23/2023 at 12:31 PM, watanabefan said:

There's a lot to unpack here....

Did you really not understand or was that a snarky way of attacking me for daring to think religion could be mentioned and discussed in a grown up way on a forum? You're right, my mistake. Edited the OP.