Jump to content

Hasbro Reveals 2023 Pulse-Con Exclusives And Slate Of Programming


JayC

Recommended Posts

I like every single figure in this Void wave except Namor. I really wish it was him that didn't come with the BAF piece instead of Panther so that I could skip him.

Not to derail the thread, but just a very quick note to anyone still waiting on a good deal to buy the Avengers 60th Anniversary stuff that most Targets have these marked down to 50% off (in store only). I picked up extras of everybody today except Iron Man who they had already sold out of - which serves me right because that was the only one that I chose to skip originally and now I kind of want him. Picking up a couple of extra sky-cycles was worth $24.99 each alone and hopefully I can sell the loose Hawkeyes on ebay to fund part of that. I wanted an extra Spider-Woman Veranke for sure anyway and another Banner body can definitely be used. I can try to sell anything that I don't want to keep on ebay to those that weren't lucky enough to find in stores or waited to long and hopefully that will pay for my part of what I bought to keep. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, I'll be getting this wave, for some figures more than others. I have read Sentry comics extensively since he was introduced. To say his origin story is convoluted is an understatement. But I always remember The Void being just blackness with eyes, I've never seen him look like the special of the day at Red Lobster. Nevertheless, he looks fairly impressive, and I never say 'no' to a character whose never had a figure before. The Vision, Power Princess, Priest era Black Panther, Namorita, and Justice I will all keep for my collection. Savage Namor I am not familiar with, but he looks different enough that he may work in with one of my figure groupings. Crystar the crystal warrior, heh, I remember picking up the first issue at the store when it came out. The character and storyline never really grabbed me, but he does look sort of cool and completes the BAF, so what the heck. Plus, the Hasbro Team alluded to the fact that how well he sells may determine if other old Marvel leased properties see figure form... and I would love to help Rom and the Micronauts make it to plastic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't care for this wave; the Black Panther and maybe maybe Zarda. So very disappointed that they got my dude the Vision RIGHT THERE....and then deliberately flubbed it like that! Though, I notice that the box art doesn't have him in his classic outfit so that's weird.

Sub-Mariner....such an out of nowhere look for him, I never even considered it. His classic speedos and the 70s suit, plus the walgreens exclusive, are his 3 main outfits. But maybe because this is so out of left field, I might break down and get it anyway.

It's not a BAD wave and its good to see them put characters together that don't necessarily have a strong shared "theme" between them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’d very much like if they just did away with the shin cuts on these characters who don’t get boots or simply just get them painted on. You can’t just move your shins like that! 🙂
But anyway I’m still very much interested in Vision. Black Panther will be on my discount radar as I’d like to donate those boots and gloves to the last release. As for everything else shown, I’m just not familiar with any of it whether it was the character or the design so all that is a pass for me. They definitely made my eyes roll when they were basically like “hey we know you’ve been wanting Namorita so here is this version but don’t worry, we’re making the one you really wanted for later.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/23/2023 at 11:33 PM, Thwippersnapper said:

"...very much like if they just did away with the shin cuts on these characters who don’t get boots or simply just get them painted on. You can’t just move your shins like that! 🙂"
 

Couldn't agree more. I'm sure anyone who's read my comments about the Vision over the years is going "oh, this guy again?" but that's because they just haven't done it right in almost 20 years. The way they do his boot cuts is awful and just ruins it all. It looks so cheap and lazy. DC Classics and Essentials never had a problem with this style of boot. And hasbo doe stylized boots all the time, many even have rotation. Just look at the EXCELLENT most recent Iron Man armor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a theory on why they didn't go with the classic Namorita and no, it's not because of bare skin because I mean look at the Power Princess costume in this very wave. No, I think it's more than likely because of her scaly swimsuit. They didn't have a body with that detail done yet, so they went with another costume to get her out fast. They wanted to wait until they got that suit right (and could be used for other like Marrina and Dorma) before they release her in her classic costume. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/24/2023 at 1:27 PM, tarot said:

I have a theory on why they didn't go with the classic Namorita and no, it's not because of bare skin because I mean look at the Power Princess costume in this very wave. No, I think it's more than likely because of her scaly swimsuit. They didn't have a body with that detail done yet, so they went with another costume to get her out fast. They wanted to wait until they got that suit right (and could be used for other like Marrina and Dorma) before they release her in her classic costume. 

You could be on to something. The same body would fit for all you mentioned and future use possibilities. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/24/2023 at 5:47 PM, McHogan said:

You could be on to something. The same body would fit for all you mentioned and future use possibilities. 

 

I hope they come up with a new scaled body for Triton (if they ever do him) as well.  Sure, Green Goblin could work, but Triton deserves updated treatment

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/25/2023 at 3:51 PM, Atlantis said:

I hope they come up with a new scaled body for Triton (if they ever do him) as well.  Sure, Green Goblin could work, but Triton deserves updated treatment

Honestly, I'd like to see an updated Green Goblin mold as well. Pinless limbs, butterfly joints, the diaphragm/reverse ab crunch combo. I've always pictured Goblin as being almost as nimble as Spidey. Plus then they could update Hobgoblin and hopefully take the chance to give us a Grey Goblin as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I must say I am impressed with these two deluxe figures and it's great that they included the parts for the original Green Goblin but this is stuff that I would have been excited about 10 years ago. Maybe even 5. But now I just find myself kind of impartial to them. Nothing I actually need now. But maybe I'll pick them up if I have a little extra cash or if they might go on sale. This entire wave in fact. Except for the Spider-Guys. Also looks like we should be expecting a second wave with most likely contain Doc Strange, Electro, Ned, probably peter in the suit he wore most of the film and a Lizard Deluxe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/26/2023 at 8:24 AM, AndyL said:

I must say I am impressed with these two deluxe figures and it's great that they included the parts for the original Green Goblin but this is stuff that I would have been excited about 10 years ago. Maybe even 5. But now I just find myself kind of impartial to them. Nothing I actually need now. But maybe I'll pick them up if I have a little extra cash or if they might go on sale. This entire wave in fact. Except for the Spider-Guys. Also looks like we should be expecting a second wave with most likely contain Doc Strange, Electro, Ned, probably peter in the suit he wore most of the film and a Lizard Deluxe.

I highly doubt we’ll get a whole second wave. Probably just Electro and Lizard done as individual releases.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/26/2023 at 6:05 PM, Ironspider428 said:

I highly doubt we’ll get a whole second wave. Probably just Electro and Lizard done as individual releases.

Third if you count the Armadillo wave but they could easily do another wave. Electro, aunt may, ned and a few comic figures with lizard as the baf 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/26/2023 at 10:24 AM, tarot said:

Third if you count the Armadillo wave but they could easily do another wave. Electro, aunt may, ned and a few comic figures with lizard as the baf 

Considering the fact that this wave didn’t have a BAF, I doubt they’d do one for the third wave. It’s not impossible that we’d get a third wave but if so I’d want it to be all movie again. Remade accurate versions of the integrated and black and gold suits, Electro, Ned, May and Eddie Brock with a deluxe Lizard and maybe deluxe Raimi Goblin.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/26/2023 at 6:13 AM, Ironspider428 said:

Honestly, I'd like to see an updated Green Goblin mold as well. Pinless limbs, butterfly joints, the diaphragm/reverse ab crunch combo. I've always pictured Goblin as being almost as nimble as Spidey. Plus then they could update Hobgoblin and hopefully take the chance to give us a Grey Goblin as well.

Agree; I do think though that Triton should be on a somewhat more robust buck. Above all they need to give the Green Goblin a decent glider; the toybiz one was about the right size but these others have just been so very small. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/26/2023 at 10:41 AM, Atlantis said:

Agree; I do think though that Triton should be on a somewhat more robust buck. Above all they need to give the Green Goblin a decent glider; the toybiz one was about the right size but these others have just been so very small. 

Yeah a better glider would be nice. I’d honestly take him as a deluxe figure ala Hawkeye or the MCU Goblin with a larger glider and a stand.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Preordered the 3 Spideys. Definitely glad I passed on the box set.

Getting that classic Vision to build out my comic Avengers display.

Glad they hinted at a classic Namorita so I know I can pass. Wish we knew the same about Justice.

Picking up Power Princess just to customize an easy Wonder Woman.

That Savage Namor head is just a beard and hair swap away from being a custom Ra's Al Ghul.

The Void BAF looks so sick but I have no attachment to Sentry so I'll pass. The design with the scorpion like arms reminds me a lot of the alien villain from the Howard the Duck movie 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm still hoping the inclusion of Spider-Man 2 and ASM2 packaging means that Hasbro has the rights to those properties. I'd love to see some Sony figures for the anniversary next year. At the very least Raimi Venom, Green Goblin, New Goblin, Sandman and black suit Spidey, Andrew's ASM1 suit, Electro, Lizard and Green Goblin, then maybe even Morbius, Riot and Carnage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are any of these on Amazon? No search has found any villains except Sandman and zero Spideys...

I'm pretty sure the villains will be easy to obtain but seeing them sold out on Pulse makes me paranoid I should set a place holder preorder in place since, like normal,  I'll find these in stores well before and online retailers get them

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE