New Logo Revealed For Marvel Studios' Agatha: Darkhold Diaries On Disney+

Outsiders

I can’t help but think - Wandavision came out nearly three and a half years ago. Do people find its supporting characters interesting or even relevant these days?  In my opinion, Marvel has churned out some really lackluster material in the past three plus years and diluted the positive perception of the MCU. Is a streaming show about a one-off villain really what the MCU needs to kickstart itself?

• 1 month later...

I'll watch anything comic book related in live action, but this doesn't really identify too much with the comic version that I'm familiar with (but of course very little of the MCU does and I still mostly enjoy it). I'll watch it for sure, but I'm going into it expecting it to only be slightly better than my least favorite MCU show so far (Ms Marvel). I do hope that they find a way her to make her eventually become more like the comic version that I'm more familiar with and end up being the nanny for the Fantastic Four.

This doesn't even feel like it's Marvel, it's like a made for TV halloween special Craft or Hocus Pocus spin-off, still say this was unnecessary, but it's clear this is supposed to be the Halloween season gimmick, I dunno about this really...am I feeling it? sorta only because I love Horror/Supernatural stuff and Witches, but also not, because it looks barely intriguing and bland, Whatever I'll still watch it, but I'm not going to be counting down the days till it comes out.

On 5/15/2024 at 1:45 PM, Sidewinder said:

I can’t help but think - Wandavision came out nearly three and a half years ago. Do people find its supporting characters interesting or even relevant these days?  In my opinion, Marvel has churned out some really lackluster material in the past three plus years and diluted the positive perception of the MCU. Is a streaming show about a one-off villain really what the MCU needs to kickstart itself?

Its the same problem Sony has with the Spider-Man related characters; majority of them are just unable to stand on their own without him.

On the other hand if they're gonna insist on doing these obscure supporting characters, why re-make them into something that is almost unrecognizable? At least give the woman a wig styled the way Harkness looks in the comics. But hey if horror is the way they want to go, why not go with the big daddy of all time? Marvel has a gold mine with their Tomb of Dracula series! Just take this Wolfman-Colan masterpiece, put it on screen, set it in the 70s if you wanna avoid any conflicts with modern day MCU.  How are they missing this.

tod - Copy.jpg

Disney+ released a new trailer and key art for the upcoming Marvel Television live-action series, “Agatha All Along.” The series focuses on Kathryn Hahn’s character, Agatha Harkness, from the acclaimed Marvel Studios’ series “WandaVision,” as she sets off on a dangerous, mysterious adventure filled with trials and tribulations. Showrunner Jac Schaeffer, who was the creative force behind “WandaVision,” directs the pilot episode.

In “Agatha All Along,” the infamous Agatha Harkness finds herself down and out of power after a suspicious goth Teen helps break her free from a distorted spell. Her interest is piqued when he begs her to take him on the legendary Witches’ Road, a magical gauntlet of trials that, if survived, rewards a witch with what they’re missing. Together, Agatha and this mysterious Teen pull together a desperate coven, and set off down, down, down The Road…

In addition to Kathryn Hahn, “Agatha All Along” stars Joe Locke, Sasheer Zamata, Ali Ahn, Maria Dizzia, Paul Adelstein, Miles Gutierrez-Riley, Okwui Okpokwasili, with Debra Jo Rupp, with Patti LuPone, and Aubrey Plaza. The executive producers are Kevin Feige, Louis D’Esposito, Brad Winderbaum, Mary Livanos and Jac Schaeffer. The directors for the series include Jac Schaeffer, Rachel Goldberg and Gandja Montiero.

Marvel Television’s “Agatha All Along” premieres September 18 at 6:00 p.m. PT/9:00 p.m. ET, with the first two episodes, exclusively on Disney+.

101_A_0058C017_230209_135534_a1CAM_r709.87390_R.jpg

103_A_0093C011_230307_094748_a1CAM_r709.88426.jpg

agatha_all_along_ver2_xlg.jpg

agatha_all_along_xlg.jpg

AMG1580_101_comp_DDO_v0026_r709.1060.jpg

EOB2860_105_comp_SDF_v0001_r709.1069.jpg

Doesn’t really look like my cup of tea.

Why has the MCU drifted so far from any semblance of the source material it once drew inspiration from? I realize there have always been tweaks to the stories and characters/costumes to adapt these heroes to film, but a lot that has been introduced in the past couple years in particular a completely split from its comic origin that if I didn’t know the name of the movie/show I wouldn’t even realize they are supposed to be Marvel characters…

The well oiled machine that was once the MCU is now a flooded engine- there’s a lot of content gushing out of it, but it has spilled into a big mess…

On 7/8/2024 at 6:06 PM, Atlantis said:

Its the same problem Sony has with the Spider-Man related characters; majority of them are just unable to stand on their own without him.

I don't really agree with this.  For me, it's not the character really, it's the story.  Any character can be made interesting or dreadfully boring, depending on the story that's crafted around them.  A Morbius movie could be awesome, Sony just didn't make one.  A Madam Web movie featuring Ezekiel and the various Spider-Women could  have been amazing, Sony pumped out half-baked nonsensical trash instead.  I don't have any particular interest in the character Agatha Harkness, but depending on the story, it's possible this could be fascinating.  Or it could be bungled completely.  Depends on the story. 

Tomb of Dracula is phenomenal and so far a missed opportunity, though.  You're dead-on about that.