Marvel Legends X-Men Lilandra Figure Revealed

JayC

On 11/4/2023 at 10:54 AM, McHogan said:

Only 4 sets? Whew... just with this info I may be looking at only one set. Thanks for the info!

well that's what's leaked so far, if it's anything like the previous years Spider-Man Anniversary program, then there will be a magnitude, but I have doubts, nobody commands such high shelf presence as the web-head, so I'd say you are probably safe, Wolverine doesn't need that much product, but I'd say safe bet there are at least and additional exclusive or 2.

yeah for me only actual interests would be in terms of a wolverine if they finally gave us Team X look, that's really the only Logan I desire, pretty done with him TBH.

but prospects of any new Psylocke makes me stoked, I want all the Psylockes, but I'd take a bet it's the most wanted Psylocke as well Armored Outback look (so I think if that is the case, we can bet the Wolverine that shes packed with will be a new Brown suit outback Wolvie), so regardless of the Logan it comes with I'm gonna cave, also I'm gonna need that Lilandra, the sabretooth pack & joe pack are on paper easy passes though.

On 11/4/2023 at 12:07 AM, AndyL said:

I guess that only leaves the character that was only ever done as an exclusive. For sure I won't be Satana. My strongest guesses are Gamora or an adult sized Magik. Or possibly a modern comic Star Lord. Which strangely we've never gotten yet.

Moonstone is another possibility here.

On 11/4/2023 at 4:23 AM, leokearon said:

Logan with Lilandra makes no sense, unless it is him in a Fang costume. If they are putting her in a two pack, Xavier would be a better choice

Ugh, this is probably exactly what it is.  I had wondered why there wasn't a Logan head with Fang because it seemed like such an obvious thing to do...now I suspect it was deliberate.

Aside from the Patch/Fixit pack I think the only Logan I would care about at this point is Team X Logan, but then I would want Team X Sabretooth to go with him and Maverick.

My bet on the others are armored Psylocke with a repack/repaint of the "Battle Damaged" Logan from the multipack.  And classic tiger-stripe Logan with that Jim Lee Sabretooth.  MAYBE "Battle Damaged" as well.

On 11/4/2023 at 5:48 PM, Jmacq1 said:

Moonstone is another possibility here.

Ugh, this is probably exactly what it is.  I had wondered why there wasn't a Logan head with Fang because it seemed like such an obvious thing to do...now I suspect it was deliberate.

Aside from the Patch/Fixit pack I think the only Logan I would care about at this point is Team X Logan, but then I would want Team X Sabretooth to go with him and Maverick.

My bet on the others are armored Psylocke with a repack/repaint of the "Battle Damaged" Logan from the multipack.  And classic tiger-stripe Logan with that Jim Lee Sabretooth.  MAYBE "Battle Damaged" as well.

Moonstone was already re-released as a Walgreen Exclusive. Just going  by the hint, it will probably be a convention exclusive that hasn't gotten a re-release/update since its convention release

On 11/4/2023 at 10:26 AM, leokearon said:

Hopefully Zabu is also there 

Right. Without Zabu (and I mean a fully articulated, moving jaw etc.), as an action figure he's just a blonde, not even 3rd rate, Tarzan rip-off. The team can borrow from Guenhwyvar as a template and go from there.

On 11/4/2023 at 1:19 PM, tarot said:

Going by the rumors, it ka-zar

Wow that's crazy. That would have literally been my last guess. I've personally never heard anyone asking for even the first one. Much less an update. I guess he's made a resurgence in the last couple of years so I kind of get it but it's kind of boring IMO. A lesser He-Man with even less style and design? I was just hoping for something a little more exciting. Plus I just know they're going to do it on that stupid Sunfire body even though he's a bigger dude.

On 11/3/2023 at 5:53 PM, TheArrow said:

I'm peeved here.  I bought a Chameleon /JJ Jameson figure to get a Hammerhead figure-------and they make a Retro Hammerhead.
They made a Silvermane head.........I get it and put it on a Ultron body..........they release a Silverman figure using MOST of that same Ultron body.
I get the Walgreen Mystique to get a Lilandra head, so I can make my own figure.  All these times, I'm thinking.......okay, they released just a head sculpt...they're aren't going to release a whole figure.
Well, shame on me for being suckered thrice.  I'm not playing this hustle again.

Outside of Silvermane, I knew there would have to be full figures for these heads. What bothers me is the time it took. Come on, it will be nearly 5 years from the wg head to the full figure by the time this comes out

On 11/4/2023 at 4:43 AM, Atlantis said:

This is the only version of Deathbird I'd drop coin for.  They would need to do a female torso that has the same range of movement the Falcon has, and if that won't work for a BAF then do it as a norm. 

Ms Marvel (classic), Ms Marvel (Cockrum), Captain Mar-Vell, Captain Marvel (modern), Genis vell (space pattern), Drax...a MARVELous wave...

Ah, now that would be a supremely intelligent wave 🙂

If I could tamper with that for my own selfish desires, I’d replace modern Capt Marvel with Dr Minerva and *maybe* Drax for Korath.

On 11/4/2023 at 9:50 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Wolverine (unknown?) & Psylocke (Unknown?)
Wolverine (Civilian?) & Lilandra
Wolverine (unknown?) & Sabretooth (Jim Lee Update)
Patch & Joe Fixit

It almost HAS to be Wolverine in Fang gear right? I can't think of any other version of Wolverine that she spent any time with that hasn't already been produced. That would make sense why they did the Fang from the Ch'od wave on the Spider UK build. If he'd been on the correct sized model which is roughly the same height and build as Wolvie most of us would have bought a 2nd on and head swapped him. Causing less interest in the 2 pack regardless of who he was packed with. This was something they knew they were going to encounter down the road even way back then. If they really wanted to reward us they could also include a head sculpt and some fists with blades so we can make Akihiro out of the first Fang but chances are they'll just release a Daken somewhere down the line and we'll all just do it ourselves. Then again they'll probably use the dreaded Sunfire model which would actually be pretty accurate an the head size will be too small for the Fang figure. Hasbro has broken my heart so many times with that body mold.

On 11/4/2023 at 10:28 PM, Thwippersnapper said:

Ah, now that would be a supremely intelligent wave 🙂

If I could tamper with that for my own selfish desires, I’d replace modern Capt Marvel with Dr Minerva and *maybe* Drax for Korath.

Of course. And I'm thinking of first appearance Drax, from Captain Marvel's book, not the hugely jacked one that just came out with Moondragon. But let's be honest, any wave we come up with for Captain Marvel will beat that MCU/Kree Sentry BAF weak sauce wave they came out with, hands down.

On 11/5/2023 at 1:14 AM, AndyL said:

It almost HAS to be Wolverine in Fang gear right? I can't think of any other version of Wolverine that she spent any time with that hasn't already been produced. That would make sense why they did the Fang from the Ch'od wave on the Spider UK build. If he'd been on the correct sized model which is roughly the same height and build as Wolvie most of us would have bought a 2nd on and head swapped him. .

I think you kind of answered your own question there. Why allow collector's to head swap when you can get them to buy a whole new Wolverine.

On 11/4/2023 at 4:43 AM, Atlantis said:

This is the only version of Deathbird I'd drop coin for.  They would need to do a female torso that has the same range of movement the Falcon has, and if that won't work for a BAF then do it as a norm. 

Ms Marvel (classic), Ms Marvel (Cockrum), Captain Mar-Vell, Captain Marvel (modern), Genis vell (space pattern), Drax...a MARVELous wave...

But isn't it just a bit Carol heavy for an ML wave? I mean comics or MCU that much of one person in a wave seems to be poison. Personally I think we got the perfect CM in the Odin Wave. Totally appropriate body model which has since been fixed beyond repair. Perfect head sculpts. And the best costume before artist went all crazy with the designs. The ones I would go for is a classic version which they could easily disguise as Dark Ms. Marvel and the Cockrum MM. The sad thing about both of those figures is that even though both Carol and Karla have both been previously done on the Moonstone and Moonstone 2.0 body models with their previous figures, they will inexplicably be done on the Shreik model. I'm certain of that. Mar-Vell has already been done pretty well so I think that would get some complaints if they did another so soon. Genis-Vell as Cap Marvel is a sure hit. But classic Drax? Isn't an updated modern Drax more in demand right now? Especially so soon after the Drax in the 2 pack. Don't forget we have some cool new pants legs coming with the Tombstone figure that might work here. And then maybe this could be the chance to get Hulkling into the mix. A little bit of bro power.

To this day I'm shocked Hasbro didn't do classic Ms. Marvel first appearance costume with interchangeable head for Dark Ms. Marvel, they would only need to reuse updated Moonstone figure, they could do her in 2 pack as well and include fellow Dark Avenger like Bullseye Hawkeye or Scorpion Venom, which would be essentially Black costume Spider-Man on more muscular body like Vulcan (They can also add Kraven's head for last hunt story look)

If there's ever gonna be time for such release it's now when the new movie is coming out. Updated black/gold Ms. Marvel costume would be nice too since the original figure had a pretty meh paint job and double joints are nice. 

On 11/5/2023 at 10:07 AM, AndyL said:

"But isn't it just a bit Carol heavy for an ML wave? I mean comics or MCU that much of one person in a wave seems to be poison. Personally I think we got the perfect CM in the Odin Wave. Totally appropriate body model which has since been fixed beyond repair. Perfect head sculpts. And the best costume before artist went all crazy with the designs. The ones I would go for is a classic version which they could easily disguise as Dark Ms. Marvel and the Cockrum MM. The sad thing about both  is ...previously done on the Moonstone and Moonstone 2.0 body models with their previous figures....be done on the Shreik model. I'm certain of that...."

It is Carol heavy, yes, but she is Captain Marvel now, and while I prefer Mar-Vell, she's had a longer run than he did. I chose her three most iconic outfits, left out Binary even though that really needs an update to improve the errors. Drax, because he wasn't always the humongous figure he is today. And I would like to see his cape with the yellow lining. To be honest, I'd REALLY want to see white and green fa Mar-Vell added to that list. Main thing though is I want Deathbird in her 70s outfit

On 11/5/2023 at 10:35 AM, SpiderS said:

"To this day I'm shocked Hasbro didn't do classic Ms. Marvel first appearance costume with interchangeable head for Dark Ms. Marvel, they would only need to reuse updated Moonstone figure...."

To think, they proposed Ms Marvel back in 2009 (I think?).... And still no figure....

mm.jpg

On 11/6/2023 at 11:05 PM, Atlantis said:

To think, they proposed Ms Marvel back in 2009 (I think?).... And still no figure....

mm.jpg

well to be fair, they are working through all the fan poll choices we have. I mean Lilandra was in the very first fan poll in 2007 and we only just are getting her in a proper form.

FanPoll.jpg

That's crazy how much we waited and still waiting to get some of these figure. But something tells that before becoming fan poll figure these were supposed to be released as waves if Hasbro didn't have trouble with initial Marvel Legends sales or whatever the issue was that made them take long pause and switch to more conservative release approach. And sure back then Hasbro's game was weak and newer figures are superior but it's been so long ago that I almost wouldn't mind if we had these released back in the day.

Niiiiiiice.......That's about exactly what it should look like. I was only hoping it would look this good. I already know people are going to complain about the painted details but it's kind of something you have to weigh. You can have paint or you can have sculpted details. You can't have it both ways. At least this way they can use the mold for other figures.