Marvel Legends back at Walgreens?

McHogan

Not sure if this has been posted already but I was in a local Walgreens today and saw a sticker for "Spider-Man Movie Legends".

So if anyone is having trouble maybe take a look at Walgreens.. how weird is it to have Walgreens be the place to find NEW Legends?!?

20231130_132500.jpg

wait..from what I heard from people in the US, they never stopped selling Legends, they just ended their contract for exclusives for the time being, I really hope they don't come sauntering back into the Exclusives game, they boofed all over that one, I mean it was easy to get them here, but I hated hearing about it for you US peeps.

one thing though that is sorely missed about the exclusives that they got, were the fact they got probably some of the coolest exclusives, the new characters, the ones you wouldn't bet on, the classic outfits...some really spendid exclusives came from Walgreens, Kinda miss it....but sheesh don't talk about it, I don't want Walgreens getting any ideas.

The only Walgreens ML I was unable to get was the Silver Surfer----not the "obsidian" one, but the regular first one.  Had no troubles with anything else, and I live up in the frozen wastes of Canadaland---at least its frozen right now.  One thing about those exclusives is they were all really attractive figures----Namor, Mystique, Punisher, Quasar, all very nice-looking.

On 12/6/2023 at 10:05 AM, TheArrow said:

The only Walgreens ML I was unable to get was the Silver Surfer----not the "obsidian" one, but the regular first one.  Had no troubles with anything else, and I live up in the frozen wastes of Canadaland---at least its frozen right now.  One thing about those exclusives is they were all really attractive figures----Namor, Mystique, Punisher, Quasar, all very nice-looking.

I too am in the lands of Canada and that Silver Surfer was extremely hard to get, I never saw it in the stores, Once upon a time it according to the guys at Gamestop did appear, but briefly and sold out in an hour, never to get re-stocked again, I had to resort to E-Bay for it, I feel like at that point we were just getting into the brighter days of Gamestop (then EB) getting Walgreens exclusives, it was janky for a bit, but by the time Magik hit, we were getting these figures easy peezy. All Except Moon Knight who for some reason never showed up.

The Fantastic Four were critical wants for me, and I had very little trouble getting them--okay, the Thing required outside help to land, but in relative terms he was not hard to score. The FF are such a cornerstone team in their classic look that I'm still surprised that they were exclusive to Walgreens ( and Gamerstop). Seeing the "modern" version of the FF following them in mainstream retail, made me realize Hasbro's strategy in this---they knew the classic team would draw their captive audience in, regardless of how limited access could be, and the modern team going to open release would be consolation-buys for the johnny-come-lately fans.
Walgreens sure filled some corners in ML doing this.