Hasbro Marvel Legends December 2023 Fan-Stream Coverage - X-Men 97 And More

toynewman

On 12/14/2023 at 9:21 AM, GarimusPrime said:

But, lemme guess...they're gonna use the wings as an excuse to justify doubling the retail prices on Falcon-Cap and Angel...

Fingers crossed that it won't be too unreasonable. I've cut WAY back on Legends and one of the reasons is that they're priced too high for what you get. For the Angel, my "no sale, walk away" point was going to be how well (or poorly) the wings were executed. 

I noticed that Cap-Falc's wings are articulated as well. Nice. But since I already have custom wings for him, this one needs to have a reasonable price point if I'm gonna pick him up.

So guesses on these two packs? 59 on the Sabes and 49 on the Llandra seems on track. Not sure Sabretooth is Hulk or Destroyer sized enough, but probably. And yeah 39 probably is gonna be the Falcap Angel price.

On 12/14/2023 at 2:37 PM, toynewman said:

Hydra.Cap.01.jpg

Hydra.Cap.02.jpg

Wolverine.Packs.01.jpg

Wolverine.Packs.02.jpg

Wolverine.Packs.03.jpg

Wolverine.Packs.04.jpg

Wolverine.Packs.05.jpg

Man. Looking at the Lady Mandarin and Hulk two packs in these pictures makes me more interested in them. They look so good. They did a great job on the Logan faces too.

I don't know how much I need a Brood Wolverine, but it evokes that cover so well.

Psylocke fans, do any of these parts translate well to an armored Outback Psylocke? Probably not the skirt, but if they painted this one pink and purple, would it come close?

All except for that ridiculous Hydra Cap from one of the most ridiculous stories in comic book history these are all excellent. There is a little unappreciated repetition here though. It really sucks that we have to get yet another Logan to get the best Sabretooth to date. I've already got 4 of him. I do appreciate that they did Sabes on the Omega Red model because they are basically the same size. Never expected or even thought of a Brood Wolvie but at least it's something new. And I need that beautiful Lillandra. If there's any one of these I can pass it's the Lady Mandarin and Madripoor Wolvie. I already have one and he actually has the blackened eyes and I just really don't have any affinity to LM. It was a good story but there was just nothing about the character that made her all that notable. Actually I'd completely forgot about her until now. And to @Chunkylover's question. No this will not translate very well to OB Psylocke. It's a total different design and the armor was a bustier type design with much larger shoulder pads. It wouldn't be any easier to convert it than it would be just another Plain Jane figure. I like the look of the Patch/Fixit pack but I just don't like the face sculpt on fixit. Even though it matches the artwork it's based on very well. Not sure exactly what the problem is but it's probably just me.

Finally got around to looking at these (stupid f-ing Hasbro always doing these while I'm working) and I love most of what was revealed but like I always do:

• Red Widow - I still love her and will always take a new character especially one that adds to a team
  • The MCU figure - no interest but kind of understand why they are even doing this. Deadpool 3 is the only MCU movie out next year, so they need to keep the MCU side of the collecting community happy. Since all their plans were thrown out the window they had to rush and make these.
  • Captain Falcon - I have the original one but will be getting this. Those wings are too hard to passed up.
  • Captain Hydra - I like this costume so I will be getting this for my villain's shelf.
  • X-men '97 - I gave my opinions yesterday and they haven't change so it's just Mags, Maddie and X-Cutioner for me.
  • Lilandra and Broodverine - I was getting this set anything but out of the Wolverines shown this is my favourite. Will definitely be displaying it next to the Brood queen and soldier.
  • Sabretooth and Cowboyrine- We finally get the Sabretooth. Let me say that again. THE Sabretooth. Don't care about Cowboy but will use those cards with Gambit
  • Lady Mandarin and Black Suit- I'm probably the only one delighted with this version of Betsy and she looks fantastic. Pity she comes with the most boring Wolverine. I mean they could have done Albert at least but with Betsy getting a whole new sculpt I suppose that the money went to her.
  • Tuxedo - I like this set, it looks great and will be getting it but I won't be displaying it.
  • Angel - the Highlight of the stream just for those wings alone. Now that we have them I expect every version of Warren (that use fingered wings) as well as other winged characters.
  • The flame effect - I'm going with everyone else guess and thinking it's for Rachel Summer. If not then another Human Torch with a Jim Hammond head.

Don't get me wrong, these all look really good, but I think I'm passing on most of them.  Just the Wolverine/Sabretooth 2 pack from what's coming up soon, and Angel when that one eventually drops.  Lilandra, maybe on sale, if that ever happens.  

On 12/14/2023 at 8:57 AM, Legender said:

"...Just this week Hasbro was crying because people dont buy toys anymore, and then they launch two 2-Packs that people will wait for sales (Psylcke and Fix It packs), if they even get it, i wont because i dont need those versions and of course not interested in 20 wolverines....Falcon is mean that they released the figure without wings years ago and that Angel is wooooow, but mostly they will sell it with another non interesting or osbcure character..."

Yep, again,or STILL...they make some pretty odd and even self-defeating choices. For example, the Logan/Sabertooth 2 pack: they're definitely gonna re-use that Logan (maybe print the shirt in plaid or something), so even if you're a die-hard fan, you can wait on that one. And Sabertooth basically has been seen before...bigger size now, but yeah. Still never got a first appearance Sabertooth, here's where they could have done that. 

Angel is a strong enough and unique enough figure to stand (see what I did there) on its own, so I can't imagine they'll pair it another. Although, who knows. If they've got enough stinkers like Darwin left lying around they wanna get rid of, they might pull something like that.  

On 12/14/2023 at 4:13 PM, Atlantis said:

If they've got enough stinkers like Darwin left lying around they wanna get rid of, they might pull something like that. 

I actually really like the Darwin figure! 😁 I might be the only one who liked it, but I thought that it was a winner! I bought a bunch of Darwin and Vulcan both from that wave when then hit sub-$10 clearance prices to use for custom fodder.

I mostly hate the entire idea of multi-packs, whether they be 2-packs or more than that, but I also understand that we've gotten a lot of figures that way that we probably would have never seen otherwise.

Well....I'm disappointed it's not classic Betsy in her outback armor but Man o Man that Lady Mandarin figure is out of this world. Must buy for me. Though a bit of a convoluted story line, I enjoyed Acts of Vengeance quite a bit. This is. 

Now if we can just get an original Betsy I'd be a very happy camper! 

Just as an aside, with that flame reveal being called "otherworldly" its likely not the OG Human Torch (although I WISH) or Rachel Phoenix (WAY overdue). Mephisto comes to mind...but also Son of Satan. OR maybe something like Nova (Frankie Ray)? Not seeing Nikki from Guardians using that peg...

On 12/14/2023 at 4:28 PM, Reno said:

I actually really like the Darwin figure! 😁 I might be the only one who liked it, but I thought that it was a winner! I bought a bunch of Darwin and Vulcan both from that wave when then hit sub-$10 clearance prices to use for custom fodder.

I mostly hate the entire idea of multi-packs, whether they be 2-packs or more than that, but I also understand that we've gotten a lot of figures that way that we probably would have never seen otherwise.

Throw me in the group that feels the Darwin figure was severely under appreciated. He has a simple design. It was comic accurate and if there was ever a time to use the old Pizza Spidey model it was for him. I still think if they redesigned the knees and did the whole pinless thing on that body mold there are still a bunch of characters that it would apply to. Figures like Speedball and Johnny Storm should have been done on that body.

The Otherworld flame effect would make me think Avalon/Otherworldly, so Excalibur related. The Rachael would be THE highest on my list. Not sure how that little piece would hold her up with that wingspan. I can think of tons of related characters, but none that need a flame base. So a bit of a headscratcher

Brood Wolverine was such a stunning comic cover I was compelled to pick it up to see what was going on! This is a very cool reveal for me. Hits the right nostalgia buttons.

The Champions Angel!! Alright, fine. New  Defenders Angel. Either way this guy is cool

The other box sets so far (or is this all of them?) are wait and see. If I've got extra cash and if it looks good I may grab. Thankfully I'm not feeling the pressure to get them all. Got the Avengers Anniversary stuff that is supposed to be coming to think about.

The Caps are OK. Not a fan of Hydra Caps suit, shield... existence. Nice that Falcon Cap has his wings this time.

The MCU stuff is doubly frustrating. The boxes are hideous and they are releasing THAT Iron Man and Iron Spider-Man AGAIN?!? 

No idea who Red Widow is so pass 

Just got a chance to watch the video. Lol. I just love their newfound commitment to speaking straight truth talking. Particularly with the MCU stuff. They literally said "Nothing New Here". Just got to keep that lame commitment to pushing these things. Get them if you don't already have them. Gee i wonder why Hasbro is doing so bad. Additionally pointing out Captain Sam actually came with wings THIS TIME. I do like that Dwight pointed out the Crimson Dynamo they have done was only "a version" of CD. Hopefully that means they plan on doing the version of both he and Titanium Man everyone wants. The rest was pretty darn good. Hard times for MCU fans but you can only keep running up that same hill for so long before even the most avid MCU fans get tired.