Jump to content

Hasbro Marvel Legends December 2023 Fan-Stream Coverage - X-Men 97 And More


toynewman

Recommended Posts

Like others, I went ahead and pre-ordered this even though I probably don't need it. I have 3 different Toy Biz Angels and an Archangel from both Hasbro and Toy Biz - but this is certainly still an upgrade in my mind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/4/2024 at 1:09 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

I might be like the only person from what I can see that is passing on this Angel, it looks really nice don't get me wrong, but I just don't need it for my collection, I have Archangel and that is just perfect for me, I don't need to double up on characters anymore, I hate that I already have in the past, I try to stay away from that, so I am passing on this Angel, kinda makes me sad because I really like it, but I just don't think I care enough. This never was my fav look for the character, I already got my Ideal Warren.

 

My sentiments exactly. I thought I cared, but with the pre order now up it's mehhh. This figure does look amazing, stunning even, but I too always preferred him has Archangel, and that figure still looks mighty impressive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ordered immediately. The Toy Biz one is piss poor next to anyone at this point. I always keep him in back of the set up with his wings only visible. This one looks amazing. Like I said before, I want every re paint they can throw at us. I love Archangel as well, but he was never a Defender or on several X teams. I really want them to get on the XFactor looks as well, especially a human look Beast. (Which I don't have any representation of) Eventually I'd like a 2 pack of Harpoon and a damaged wing Angel with the spears through them on a wall. That would be awesome!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Instinct was to pass on this as well as the Deluxe Archangel is the current look that I like. The thing is I think Hasbro is probably going to end up doing all the X-Men of this era and I'm afraid I'll end up chasing this one. Honestly I expected the price to be around the $40 so it's even a little less than I thought.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This figure really pops! I hope the final product colors and wing wash is just as impressive. And the wings, they have an impressive amount of detail, yet they look much thinner than the old TB ones. Those wings were great works of art, but far to heavy for Angel to be able to stand up without falling backwards. Its been so long since I've had the original angel in my collection. This is very welcome!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/4/2024 at 6:09 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

I might be like the only person from what I can see that is passing on this Angel, it looks really nice don't get me wrong, but I just don't need it for my collection, I have Archangel and that is just perfect for me, I don't need to double up on characters anymore, I hate that I already have in the past, I try to stay away from that, so I am passing on this Angel, kinda makes me sad because I really like it, but I just don't think I care enough. This never was my fav look for the character, I already got my Ideal Warren.

 

 I feel the same. Archangel is my favourite look for Warren and I have the Deluxe version, so I don't really need this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/5/2024 at 3:20 AM, leokearon said:

 I feel the same. Archangel is my favourite look for Warren and I have the Deluxe version, so I don't really need this.

And Archangel is the version of Warren that actually has real power. Wings yes they're cool. But dozens of other characters can fly and at much higher speed. And what were his other power? Uh well he has hollow bones and he sees very well. Poor guy. Apocalypse did a huge solid to Warren when he gave him his Death powers. Now he's someone to be taken seriously.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/5/2024 at 4:20 AM, leokearon said:

 I feel the same. Archangel is my favourite look for Warren and I have the Deluxe version, so I don't really need this.

Yeah, and they did a pretty good job with the Archangel we got, sure it's on the Bucky Cap Buck, but it works for him, and the fact they gave us 3 different heads was a high note, ever since I got that figure I felt like I probably didn't need another version of Warren, the Angel look was always just sorta meh to me, he wasn't very cool then, but Archangel..now that's cool. I'm actually shocked we still don't have a re-do of the X-Force Archangel because that would be easy...it already exists pretty much with no need for improvement. I wouldn't buy it but I know others would.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/6/2024 at 3:44 PM, AndyL said:

And Archangel is the version of Warren that actually has real power. Wings yes they're cool. But dozens of other characters can fly and at much higher speed. And what were his other power? Uh well he has hollow bones and he sees very well. Poor guy. Apocalypse did a huge solid to Warren when he gave him his Death powers. Now he's someone to be taken seriously.

Yeah, his powers kinda sucked as Angel. Like it wasn't even useful in combat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/6/2024 at 4:48 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah, and they did a pretty good job with the Archangel we got, sure it's on the Bucky Cap Buck, but it works for him, and the fact they gave us 3 different heads was a high note, ever since I got that figure I felt like I probably didn't need another version of Warren, the Angel look was always just sorta meh to me, he wasn't very cool then, but Archangel..now that's cool. I'm actually shocked we still don't have a re-do of the X-Force Archangel because that would be easy...it already exists pretty much with no need for improvement. I wouldn't buy it but I know others would.

Exactly, looks great, multiple heads and a bonus thing for Apocalypse. While this is still a great figure and if I wanted him as Angel, this is my favourite look, it's not a must get. I may get it if it was reduced. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/6/2024 at 12:14 PM, leokearon said:

Exactly, looks great, multiple heads and a bonus thing for Apocalypse. While this is still a great figure and if I wanted him as Angel, this is my favourite look, it's not a must get. I may get it if it was reduced. 

Yes like I've said, this Angel figure is really quite nice, just not a thing I desire, I'm happy so many people are getting it though after it was asked for by the fans for years, Sure if maybe it goes into a cheaper price range I might just have that I need to buy something urge one day and get it, I'm also pretty certain at some point they will also re-paint this in the Blue, so there is that option as well, but at this point for myself it's Archangel and I'm good.

they did really do these Wings wonderfully though, They could use these for Mimic at some point, or A Harpy perhaps! , Blue Eagle?, Sky Lark?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/6/2024 at 5:22 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yes like I've said, this Angel figure is really quite nice, just not a thing I desire, I'm happy so many people are getting it though after it was asked for by the fans for years, Sure if maybe it goes into a cheaper price range I might just have that I need to buy something urge one day and get it, I'm also pretty certain at some point they will also re-paint this in the Blue, so there is that option as well, but at this point for myself it's Archangel and I'm good.

they did really do these Wings wonderfully though, They could use these for Mimic at some point, or A Harpy perhaps! , Blue Eagle?, Sky Lark?

A deluxe Mimic would be really cool

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/6/2024 at 12:30 PM, leokearon said:

A deluxe Mimic would be really cool

it would be crazy for them not to try that one, he's pretty basic, only thing that they would need are...oh hey here are the wings! boom, done.

also like I said pretty easy to give us Blue Eagle and Sky Lark with these wings, not much in terms of new tooling for those 2, Now Harpy yes..but having these wings in the tool cabinet really opens up some doors for potential winged characters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A deluxe Mimic with his leader of the X Men look and then parts to make him into the Exiles look would be absolutely epic!! It's heartening to hear so many people out there asking for this guy. I thought it was another one of those characters that was so niche it would never happen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/6/2024 at 11:36 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

it would be crazy for them not to try that one, he's pretty basic, only thing that they would need are...oh hey here are the wings! boom, done.

also like I said pretty easy to give us Blue Eagle and Sky Lark with these wings, not much in terms of new tooling for those 2, Now Harpy yes..but having these wings in the tool cabinet really opens up some doors for potential winged characters.

I wonder if they could even work for a horse. Cause we need a Pegasus for Valkyrie and the Black Knight.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/6/2024 at 10:32 PM, since83 said:

I wonder if they could even work for a horse. Cause we need a Pegasus for Valkyrie and the Black Knight.

Oh true indeed, would be amazing to get a Aragorn for Valkyrie, I always said they should do a animal rider wave, Black Knight needs a Valinor.

oh that would be superb. Good thinking!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Off topic, but we are very short on animals in general. People have been demanding Lockjaw for as long as the line has existed. We need a Fenris. Redwing hasn't been made since the TB Falcon so long ago. It would be nice to get an articulated one.  Toothgnasher and Toothgrinder would be pretty cool too. This becomes a slippery slope with how big these need to be for 6 inch figures, but there are some must haves for certain chatacters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE