Hasbro Marvel Legends December 2023 Fan-Stream Coverage - X-Men 97 And More

toynewman

Like others, I went ahead and pre-ordered this even though I probably don't need it. I have 3 different Toy Biz Angels and an Archangel from both Hasbro and Toy Biz - but this is certainly still an upgrade in my mind.

On 1/4/2024 at 1:09 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

I might be like the only person from what I can see that is passing on this Angel, it looks really nice don't get me wrong, but I just don't need it for my collection, I have Archangel and that is just perfect for me, I don't need to double up on characters anymore, I hate that I already have in the past, I try to stay away from that, so I am passing on this Angel, kinda makes me sad because I really like it, but I just don't think I care enough. This never was my fav look for the character, I already got my Ideal Warren.

My sentiments exactly. I thought I cared, but with the pre order now up it's mehhh. This figure does look amazing, stunning even, but I too always preferred him has Archangel, and that figure still looks mighty impressive.

Ordered immediately. The Toy Biz one is piss poor next to anyone at this point. I always keep him in back of the set up with his wings only visible. This one looks amazing. Like I said before, I want every re paint they can throw at us. I love Archangel as well, but he was never a Defender or on several X teams. I really want them to get on the XFactor looks as well, especially a human look Beast. (Which I don't have any representation of) Eventually I'd like a 2 pack of Harpoon and a damaged wing Angel with the spears through them on a wall. That would be awesome!

Instinct was to pass on this as well as the Deluxe Archangel is the current look that I like. The thing is I think Hasbro is probably going to end up doing all the X-Men of this era and I'm afraid I'll end up chasing this one. Honestly I expected the price to be around the $40 so it's even a little less than I thought.

This figure really pops! I hope the final product colors and wing wash is just as impressive. And the wings, they have an impressive amount of detail, yet they look much thinner than the old TB ones. Those wings were great works of art, but far to heavy for Angel to be able to stand up without falling backwards. Its been so long since I've had the original angel in my collection. This is very welcome!

On 1/4/2024 at 6:09 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

I might be like the only person from what I can see that is passing on this Angel, it looks really nice don't get me wrong, but I just don't need it for my collection, I have Archangel and that is just perfect for me, I don't need to double up on characters anymore, I hate that I already have in the past, I try to stay away from that, so I am passing on this Angel, kinda makes me sad because I really like it, but I just don't think I care enough. This never was my fav look for the character, I already got my Ideal Warren.

I feel the same. Archangel is my favourite look for Warren and I have the Deluxe version, so I don't really need this.

On 1/5/2024 at 3:20 AM, leokearon said:

I feel the same. Archangel is my favourite look for Warren and I have the Deluxe version, so I don't really need this.

And Archangel is the version of Warren that actually has real power. Wings yes they're cool. But dozens of other characters can fly and at much higher speed. And what were his other power? Uh well he has hollow bones and he sees very well. Poor guy. Apocalypse did a huge solid to Warren when he gave him his Death powers. Now he's someone to be taken seriously.

On 1/5/2024 at 4:20 AM, leokearon said:

Yeah, and they did a pretty good job with the Archangel we got, sure it's on the Bucky Cap Buck, but it works for him, and the fact they gave us 3 different heads was a high note, ever since I got that figure I felt like I probably didn't need another version of Warren, the Angel look was always just sorta meh to me, he wasn't very cool then, but Archangel..now that's cool. I'm actually shocked we still don't have a re-do of the X-Force Archangel because that would be easy...it already exists pretty much with no need for improvement. I wouldn't buy it but I know others would.

On 1/6/2024 at 3:44 PM, AndyL said:

And Archangel is the version of Warren that actually has real power. Wings yes they're cool. But dozens of other characters can fly and at much higher speed. And what were his other power? Uh well he has hollow bones and he sees very well. Poor guy. Apocalypse did a huge solid to Warren when he gave him his Death powers. Now he's someone to be taken seriously.

Yeah, his powers kinda sucked as Angel. Like it wasn't even useful in combat.

On 1/6/2024 at 4:48 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah, and they did a pretty good job with the Archangel we got, sure it's on the Bucky Cap Buck, but it works for him, and the fact they gave us 3 different heads was a high note, ever since I got that figure I felt like I probably didn't need another version of Warren, the Angel look was always just sorta meh to me, he wasn't very cool then, but Archangel..now that's cool. I'm actually shocked we still don't have a re-do of the X-Force Archangel because that would be easy...it already exists pretty much with no need for improvement. I wouldn't buy it but I know others would.

Exactly, looks great, multiple heads and a bonus thing for Apocalypse. While this is still a great figure and if I wanted him as Angel, this is my favourite look, it's not a must get. I may get it if it was reduced. 

On 1/6/2024 at 12:14 PM, leokearon said:

Exactly, looks great, multiple heads and a bonus thing for Apocalypse. While this is still a great figure and if I wanted him as Angel, this is my favourite look, it's not a must get. I may get it if it was reduced. 

Yes like I've said, this Angel figure is really quite nice, just not a thing I desire, I'm happy so many people are getting it though after it was asked for by the fans for years, Sure if maybe it goes into a cheaper price range I might just have that I need to buy something urge one day and get it, I'm also pretty certain at some point they will also re-paint this in the Blue, so there is that option as well, but at this point for myself it's Archangel and I'm good.

they did really do these Wings wonderfully though, They could use these for Mimic at some point, or A Harpy perhaps! , Blue Eagle?, Sky Lark?

On 1/6/2024 at 5:22 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yes like I've said, this Angel figure is really quite nice, just not a thing I desire, I'm happy so many people are getting it though after it was asked for by the fans for years, Sure if maybe it goes into a cheaper price range I might just have that I need to buy something urge one day and get it, I'm also pretty certain at some point they will also re-paint this in the Blue, so there is that option as well, but at this point for myself it's Archangel and I'm good.

they did really do these Wings wonderfully though, They could use these for Mimic at some point, or A Harpy perhaps! , Blue Eagle?, Sky Lark?

A deluxe Mimic would be really cool

On 1/6/2024 at 12:30 PM, leokearon said:

A deluxe Mimic would be really cool

it would be crazy for them not to try that one, he's pretty basic, only thing that they would need are...oh hey here are the wings! boom, done.

also like I said pretty easy to give us Blue Eagle and Sky Lark with these wings, not much in terms of new tooling for those 2, Now Harpy yes..but having these wings in the tool cabinet really opens up some doors for potential winged characters.

A deluxe Mimic with his leader of the X Men look and then parts to make him into the Exiles look would be absolutely epic!! It's heartening to hear so many people out there asking for this guy. I thought it was another one of those characters that was so niche it would never happen.

On 1/6/2024 at 11:36 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

it would be crazy for them not to try that one, he's pretty basic, only thing that they would need are...oh hey here are the wings! boom, done.

also like I said pretty easy to give us Blue Eagle and Sky Lark with these wings, not much in terms of new tooling for those 2, Now Harpy yes..but having these wings in the tool cabinet really opens up some doors for potential winged characters.

I wonder if they could even work for a horse. Cause we need a Pegasus for Valkyrie and the Black Knight.

On 1/6/2024 at 10:32 PM, since83 said:

I wonder if they could even work for a horse. Cause we need a Pegasus for Valkyrie and the Black Knight.

Oh true indeed, would be amazing to get a Aragorn for Valkyrie, I always said they should do a animal rider wave, Black Knight needs a Valinor.

oh that would be superb. Good thinking!

Off topic, but we are very short on animals in general. People have been demanding Lockjaw for as long as the line has existed. We need a Fenris. Redwing hasn't been made since the TB Falcon so long ago. It would be nice to get an articulated one.  Toothgnasher and Toothgrinder would be pretty cool too. This becomes a slippery slope with how big these need to be for 6 inch figures, but there are some must haves for certain chatacters.