Hasbro Marvel Legends December 2023 Fan-Stream Coverage - X-Men 97 And More

toynewman

This Lady Mandarin Psylocke and Ninja Wolverine is the one 2-pack I plan on skipping and will likely only buy it if I ever happen to find it 50% off or better. It's not terrible but certainly not something that I feel like I need. I plan on buying the other Wolvie 2-packs they've shown.

I like the Psylocke well enough, but this look was for just an issue or two. I have the previous Wolvie, and while this is a vast improvement, it isn't a must have version that I could justify having two. So I agree that this is the "wait for a sale" set. And if that sale doesn't come, I'm not going to be devastated.

On 1/8/2024 at 3:09 PM, since83 said:

I like the Psylocke well enough, but this look was for just an issue or two. 

No no. she has appeared like that a few times. Like during the time Archangel became the new apocalypse during Uncanny X-men. 

That being said I'm a waredrobe builder so I will be getting this for her alone but I think I will use her as Revanche and the X-force version as Betsy.

On 1/8/2024 at 9:14 AM, tarot said:

No no. she has appeared like that a few times. Like during the time Archangel became the new apocalypse during Uncanny X-men. 

That being said I'm a waredrobe builder so I will be getting this for her alone but I think I will use her as Revanche and the X-force version as Betsy.

Do not remember that at all! Must have been during my, "I only read indie comics" days. Gave up on the X books in the early 90s for quite a few years. I only can picture that Seige Perilous era cover. Thanks for the info, as always, Tarot!

On 1/8/2024 at 9:36 AM, since83 said:

Do not remember that at all! Must have been during my, "I only read indie comics" days. Gave up on the X books in the early 90s for quite a few years.

Oh man, if you never read Remender's Uncanny X-Force, track that stuff down.  It's the comic that made me stop hating Deadpool, which was quite a feat at the time.  Take note that I'm specifically referring to the original Remender run, (because the followup after he finished up is really nothing special) but it is really excellent, solid X-book goodness. 

On 1/8/2024 at 10:31 AM, RobertD said:

Oh man, if you never read Remender's Uncanny X-Force, track that stuff down.  It's the comic that made me stop hating Deadpool, which was quite a feat at the time.  Take note that I'm specifically referring to the original Remender run, (because the followup after he finished up is really nothing special) but it is really excellent, solid X-book goodness. 

Lol! I refused to read X Force or Deadpool due to my severe dislike of Liefeld until pretty recently. My buddy tried so hard to get me to read that Remender storyline! So yeah, thanks for the recommendation! I should grab that trade.

It's crazy how memorable this 2 issue look for Betsy was but has stood the test of time. It's a testament to how much better comics were back then compared to today. Like a lot of us I was excited thinking this thing would be easy enough for Hasbro to convert to Outback Psylocke but no. They share very little similarities. Hopefully that means she will get an original sculpt when they get around to doing it. I can't say this version of Samurai Wolvie is better than the first but Lady Mandarin alone is the selling point to me. I'm basically paying premium for one figure. Wish that wasn't the case but sadly it is.

I must say I enjoyed the books back in the day and I loved the Lady Mandarin look a lot!! Now if we could just get a decent Mandarin to go with it. 

I'm still holding out hope that the "outback Psylocke " is on Hasbros radar. Love me some original Betsy.... as well as her "Kwannon switch"

According to our sponsor, Entertainment Earth's clue on their product drop zone, the Hasbro Marvel Legends Series 50th Anniversary Wolverine: Joe Fixit & Wolverine 2-pack should be going up for pre-order on January 18th at 1 PM EST from places like our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth! Stay Tuned as always for any more info.

Two figures enter. One box leaves. What amazing surprise awaits you? Well, we can't say, as it would not be a surprise otherwise. Get dressed up for this one, it's not black tie but we think it should be quite the event.

Wolverine.Packs.05.jpg

I don't like the single weekly pre-orders. Do it in pairs or sets so we can get free shipping. 

I didn't wanna want this set. I try to pass on one time looks, single covers and so on, but this looks good. I feel like there are some funny set ups to be done with these.

I think I'm going to have to sleep on the Patch & Fixit set. I do love the cover art it's based on but again it's just a flash in the pan. Almost niche dare I say. And I cannot stress how little confidence I have in Hasbro's ability to pull off a character in a suited model that looks consistent with it's comic counterpart. Sure Patch looks good but I'm betting they slimmed him up a lot and he'll look ridiculous next to other Wolvie figures. Of course Fixit is on the same model he was on before but that's okay because in that form he is markedly smaller than all other Hulks. I just don't know. I don't think I'm going to let the nostalgia bug get me this time.

It really just makes me say ugh..that I want that Betsy so bad, that I gotta pay the extra dollars for a Wolverine I could care so little for, but it's Betsy I'll just do it, fine, mean ol Hasbro, At least that Wolverine is much better then the previous one, it's not a horrid thing to look at, I liked this outfit for Logan, but I'd just skip it if I could, I also know that nobody else really wants it so getting rid of it will be an ordeal, but that Lady Mandarin...sigh, so niiiicce.

On 1/10/2024 at 10:19 AM, since83 said:

Is the Patch head the same one we got before? I think with the motorcycle.

Looks different, as far as I can tell.  Could just be the paint apps, but the motorcycle one has thick black eyebrows.  The grimace looks far more pronounced on the motorcycle head as well.  I believe this is new. 

The new Marvel Legends Series 50th Anniversary Wolverine: Lady Mandarin Psylocke vs Wolverine 2-pack is available for pre-order at places like our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth as well as Amazon with a suggested retail price of $49.99.

Bring the excitement and wonder of the Marvel Universe to your collection with Hasbro Marvel Legends Wolverine and Psylocke figures! In celebration of Wolverine's 50th anniversary, these collectible figures are detailed to look like the characters from Marvel's The Uncanny X-Men comics. 6-inch scale Marvel figures are fully articulated with poseable head, arms, and legs. Marvel action figure set comes with 9 accessories, including alternate hands and an alternate head for each figure. Hasbro Marvel action figures' 6 inch scale make them great for posing and displaying in fans' collections. Reimagine X-Men comics-inspired scenes on your shelf with Marvel Legends action figures.

Product Features

6-inch scale (15.24cm)
Made of plastic
From the Uncanny X-Men comic series
Part of the Marvel Legends Series
Premium detail
Multiple points of articulation

Box Contents

Wolverine figure
2 Head sculpts
2 Pairs of hands
Psylocke figure
2 Head sculpts
2 Pairs of hands
3 Attack effects

I'd get the Psylocke on her own. Very cool. But what's up with Wolvie? There's extremely little (if any?) difference between the two heads that I can see, and what is up with those shoulders of his? Seriously? I've seen pics of guys with massively developed trap muscles, but even those guys didn't look like Wolvie does here, with his actual shoulders sitting so far below his neck, etc. 

On 1/11/2024 at 9:37 PM, Thwippersnapper said:

Very nice looking Psylocke for sure but the only version I want of her is the Outback armor. Do want this Wolverine though so from the sounds of it, will probably(hopefully) snag one loose for cheap.

I only want Psylocke here, so when I get this pack, you can get a Wolverine, Bub.

collector friends club. ☺️