Hasbro Marvel Legends December 2023 Fan-Stream Coverage - X-Men 97 And More

toynewman

The more I look at this Psylocke, the more I want it. I was annoyed about it not being the look the majority of us wanted, and glad that I didn't want something for once. But it is a cool look, and I am a Psylocke fan. The bigger problem is how little I ever wanted this Wolvie look. If I didn't have the one from a few years ago, I'd probably get this. But I'm still on the no side. The tuxedo set is leaning that way as well, for now. We'll see.

Hasbro's Dan Yun has released an in-hand package image for the Marvel Legends Series 50th Anniversary Wolverine: Joe Fixit & Wolverine (Patch) 2-pack which will be going up for pre-order later today at 1pm ET at our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth!. It will also be available on Amazon.

Patch-Mr-Fixit.jpg

On 1/18/2024 at 10:54 AM, JayC said:

Patch-Mr-Fixit.jpg

When I look at those two, and reflect on the original story, I think that would make for an excellent stand-alone movie. Like a Rogue One kind of thing. Flesh out the MCU without using it as a piece of a greater story. Make it like those old 90's buddy cop shows. "The only things they break more than the baddies' bones are each others' balls."

I'm so very thankful for these pictures. It just cemented what I was starting to think. Wolverine is pretty much suffering from the same issue most suited body molds suffer from. Too small. Too skinny. Not at all consistent with any of his previous figures who were all wider in the shoulders and thicker in the thighs. Even the art from where they got this reference got that part right. Just look at those tiny legs. Had his thighs been thicker the coat wouldn't look so awkward and oversized as it does. A figure in a suit should have the same proportions as a character in spandex. Only with much smoother details. Sometimes I think they see these suited molds as an easy way to save on plastic. I was on the fence as well but now I'm totally off. I'm good with my Joe Fixit and though it would have been great to have had this Wolvie if the proportions had been done right I really can do without this basically one-off look of his. I know I'm sure he's worn a suit somewhere else at sometime but this set is based on one specific moment. Which I guess I really don't need. More money saved.

On 1/18/2024 at 2:53 PM, AndyL said:

I'm so very thankful for these pictures. It just cemented what I was starting to think. Wolverine is pretty much suffering from the same issue most suited body molds suffer from. Too small. Too skinny. Not at all consistent with any of his previous figures who were all wider in the shoulders and thicker in the thighs. Even the art from where they got this reference got that part right. Just look at those tiny legs. Had his thighs been thicker the coat wouldn't look so awkward and oversized as it does. A figure in a suit should have the same proportions as a character in spandex. Only with much smoother details. Sometimes I think they see these suited molds as an easy way to save on plastic. I was on the fence as well but now I'm totally off. I'm good with my Joe Fixit and though it would have been great to have had this Wolvie if the proportions had been done right I really can do without this basically one-off look of his. I know I'm sure he's worn a suit somewhere else at sometime but this set is based on one specific moment. Which I guess I really don't need. More money saved.

Hasbro has been ridiculously consistent about Wolverine scale since the Juggernaut wave version, and I think this one continues that trend. The arms, shoulders, and torso look to either be the same as the Old Man Logan figure, or quite similar. The feet are not typical suited figure feet (they are bigger and thicker) and the legs look close to what I would expect based on the size of the other Wolverine figures (I think they are new). The coat might be a bit wide at the bottom, but all in all, I think it looks great. We'll see how it looks in hand.

On 1/20/2024 at 9:47 AM, Psychosomatic said:

Hasbro has been ridiculously consistent about Wolverine scale since the Juggernaut wave version, and I think this one continues that trend. The arms, shoulders, and torso look to either be the same as the Old Man Logan figure, or quite similar. The feet are not typical suited figure feet (they are bigger and thicker) and the legs look close to what I would expect based on the size of the other Wolverine figures (I think they are new). The coat might be a bit wide at the bottom, but all in all, I think it looks great. We'll see how it looks in hand.

Yes they have been pretty darn consistent with maintaining Wolvie's scale to this point. And that's something I give them much credit for. And I guess it could just be a matter of one's taste but I look at previous Logan figures where he's in jeans and they look way bulkier and consequently more accurate to me than these legs. Like seriously all they should have done is taken the same legs from either previous Wolverine or Logan figures and just tweak them with suit pants lines. It's not like they have some other super short character that needs a suit model. I'm sure it's a small thing that most people will have little to no trouble with but it's just one of those things that sticks in my craw.

Shown below via hero.collections are some in-hand images for the new Hasbro Marvel Legends Series 50th Anniversary Wolverine: Joe Fixit & Wolverine 2-pack. This set is available for pre-order from places like our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth as well as Amazon!

Fixit-And-Patch 0.jpg

Fixit-And-Patch 2.jpg

Fixit-And-Patch 3.jpg

Fixit-And-Patch 4.jpg

Fixit-And-Patch 5.jpg

Fixit-And-Patch 6.jpg

Fixit-And-Patch 7.jpg

Fixit-And-Patch 8.jpg

Fixit-And-Patch 9.jpg