My Top 5 Marvel Legend Picks For 2023 Plus A Look Ahead To What We Could See In 2024

JayC

Very interested to see what the Venom/Carnage figures will turn out to be (with the anniversary Venom lumped in here). If they use the 2018 body, I desperately hope they looked into fixing the gummy elbow and knee joints.

Also extremely interested to see if the Secret Wars wave might include a Symbiote Spider-Man with the Amazing Fantasy body. I can't fathom how they haven't made a ton of variants with that body already.

On 1/17/2024 at 8:28 AM, leokearon said:

For the Secret Wars wave: I would hope the following would be done.

• All New Black Costume Spider-Man
  • Titania
  • Volcania
  • Beyonder
  • Wasp
  • F4 She Hulk

for me it's:

• Beyonder (Obviously)
  • Titania
  • F4 She-Hulk
  • Black Suit Spider man
  • Classic Cyclops
  • One of the wrecking crew.

On 1/16/2024 at 3:08 PM, SpiderS said:

On another note I’m excited to see Warbird/Ms. Marvel get another try. I wonder if they will reuse Power princess base that actually not as tall if you have her on flat feet or they will rework moonstone or even use Shriek body, which would be more lazy. 

I hope they at least just stay consistent with the Warbird figure. Like they did with reissue of the Moonstone figure. Where they used the same basic Moonstone model with slight alterations. To be more modern consumer friendly I guess. The original Target exclusive Warbird used the original Moonstone model as well and it looked amazing and it just fit the way Carol looked in the Warbird suit when she was in the comics. If they simply use the same modified model they used on the Moonstone figure it would turn out great. But something tells me they are going to attempt to tone it down with the Shriek model.

On 1/17/2024 at 3:28 AM, leokearon said:

For the Secret Wars wave: I would hope the following would be done.

• All New Black Costume Spider-Man
  • Titania
  • Volcania
  • Beyonder
  • Wasp
  • F4 She Hulk

Would really be excellent if they used the Secret Wars wave as an opportunity to give us those outstanding characters like Titania, Volcana, Wrecking Crew & Beyonder, even just seeing She Hulk, Wasp or Rogue in their respective outfits for that series.

but I feel confident in saying it will likely be a re-paint/re-tool wave of top tier characters, I'd be shocked if this wasn't where they gave us a Black Suit Spidey on one of the new Molds, or new Brown Wolverine, a second release of 80th Thor, a repaint of 20th Cap and so on. Watch they give us a Deadpool 😉

I hope I';m wrong though.

On 1/17/2024 at 5:08 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Would really be excellent if they used the Secret Wars wave as an opportunity to give us those outstanding characters like Titania, Volcana, Wrecking Crew & Beyonder, even just seeing She Hulk, Wasp or Rogue in their respective outfits for that series.

but I feel confident in saying it will likely be a re-paint/re-tool wave of top tier characters, I'd be shocked if this wasn't where they gave us a Black Suit Spidey on one of the new Molds, or new Brown Wolverine, a second release of 80th Thor and so on. Watch they give us a Deadpool 😉

I hope I';m wrong though.

That's my fear. That the line will just be another quick re-release line with hardly anything new

On 1/17/2024 at 12:16 PM, leokearon said:

That's my fear. That the line will just be another quick re-release line with hardly anything new

I feel pretty confident it will be sadly, and will be another missed opportunity to fill out our rosters, Black Suit Spidey is a lock for sure, since that was where he got that suit from, but we could probably get lucky on a She-Hulk, But I'd imagine it will be a  bunch of heavy hitters, maybe one new character people have been asking for, and like I sadly think, they will shove a Deadpool in their...cause to be funny, remember..wait you don't remember he was in secret wars 😛

On 1/17/2024 at 5:20 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

I feel pretty confident it will be sadly, and will be another missed opportunity to fill out our rosters, Black Suit Spidey is a lock for sure, since that was where he got that suit from, but we could probably get lucky on a She-Hulk, But I'd imagine it will be a  bunch of heavy hitters, maybe one new character people have been asking for, and like I sadly think, they will shove a Deadpool in their...cause to be funny, remember..wait you don't remember he was in secret wars 😛

He was in secret wars 

detail.jpg

On 1/17/2024 at 1:10 PM, leokearon said:

He was in secret wars 

detail.jpg

Yeah that was why it's a funny joke-ish, he wouldn't really deserve to be in a Secret Wars Anniversary wave, cause he wasn't in the actual original, it was this story, he was retconned in he was really there. So I could see Hasbro being cheeky about it.

On 1/18/2024 at 5:21 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah that was why it's a funny joke-ish, he wouldn't really deserve to be in a Secret Wars Anniversary wave, cause he wasn't in the actual original, it was this story, he was retconned in he was really there. So I could see Hasbro being cheeky about it.

Who knows. hasbro may  include some of the non-Secret Wars Secret Wars characters as well

On 1/18/2024 at 12:23 PM, leokearon said:

Who knows. hasbro may  include some of the non-Secret Wars Secret Wars characters as well

Yeah maybe they will throw in some of the characters who got figures in the 2nd Secret wars wave, who well didn't appear, like Hobgoblin, Iceman, Constrictor.. that would be a curve ball.

wasn't one of the leaks recently a new Constrictor? hey if they wanted to go the route of tossing in some of the characters who appeared in that secondary wave A Classic Falcon with Redwing would be really fantastic.

On 1/19/2024 at 11:58 AM, SpiderS said:

I don't want to anger anyone but I really hope we don't get Secret Wars Wasp costume, it's imo literally one of the worst costumes she ever had, there's so many Wasp looks I would like to be done first + Hasbro already making first appearance costume which might oversaturate market.

Personally I don't like the Secret Wars costume either. I added on my list because it was a look that hadn't been done before.

On 1/19/2024 at 6:58 AM, SpiderS said:

I don't want to anger anyone but I really hope we don't get Secret Wars Wasp costume, it's imo literally one of the worst costumes she ever had, there's so many Wasp looks I would like to be done first + Hasbro already making first appearance costume which might oversaturate market.

Well I kinda have a feeling it would be pretty unlikely we'd see two comic Wasps in 1 year, and the Classic Costume was already shown and teased, so I think that's probably it, I'd be really surprised if we got 2 Wasps in a year.

On 1/19/2024 at 6:57 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Well I kinda have a feeling it would be pretty unlikely we'd see two comic Wasps in 1 year, and the Classic Costume was already shown and teased, so I think that's probably it, I'd be really surprised if we got 2 Wasps in a year.

It would be odd, but not impossible.

On 1/20/2024 at 3:18 AM, leokearon said:

It would be odd, but not impossible.

True, it has happened before, we have seen characters get multiple figures in the same year, or even months apart, and not even anchor characters, so I guess it's not impossible.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/15/2024 at 11:46 AM, JayC said:

Internet action figure sleuth JTPrime has discovered a new listing of Marvel Legends figures that read as follows:

MVL LEGENDS RETRO 6"' SECRET WARS 1
Product Number: G0779

MVL LEGENDS RETRO 6" SECRET WARS 2
Product Number: G0780

MVL LEGENDS RETRO 6" SECRET WARS 3
Product Number: G0781

MVL LEGENDS RETRO 6" SECRET WARS 4
Product Number: G0782

MVL LEGENDS RETRO 6" SECRET WARS 5
Product Number: G0783

MVL LEGENDS RETRO 6" SECRET WARS 6'
Product Number: G0784

These appear to be comic book based figures that will see release in December 2024. The original Marvel Comics Secret Wars mini-series which debuted back in 1984 is celebrating it's 40th Anniversary and we all know how Hasbro likes to do figures for special comic event anniversaries, so we feel like these figures will have some connection to that. We also assume these will be on some kind of Retro cardback. Could the cardbacks be replicas of the original Secret Wars action figure line from Mattel? My initial thought would be no, but remember last year we got word that Hasbro and Mattel had started working together, so who knows maybe it could happen.

With the figures being done on some type of Retro Cardbacks there likely will not be a Build-A-Figure in this wave, but my question is will we finally get a Beyonder Marvel Legends figure???

Marvel-Secret-Wars.jpg

I still cannot stop thinking about this and cannot friggin wait to see 🤪