Hasbro Marvel Legends Fanstream February 20th

toynewman

Hasbro today is holding a live-stream with the Marvel Legends where among other things we expect them to be showing off a new comic book based BAF wave that is slated to go up for pre-order on February 22, 2024 at 1pm ET. It will be available at places like our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth.

Panel begins with Dwight Ryan and Dan. They say they are completing two comic teams today. Also an update on Giant Man showing the Head. The Head will still be going through some changes.

No MCU Legends Deadpool and Wolverine reveals today, but talking about the recent comic base re-issue figures that went up for pre-order last week.

Now showing the VHS Spider-Man Animated Series Daredevil and Hydro-Man 2pk that is available for pre-order on HasbroPulse.

Also announcing and showing a new Spider-Man Animated Series VHS set with Morbius and Doctor Strange. This will be going up for pre-order on HasbroPulse later this month.

Walmart exclusive Spider-Man Animated Series On Retro Card Prowler. Will have an unmasked headsculpt. This will be available during the next Walmart collector-con.

Spider-Man Animated Retro Cardback Carnage which will be a Target exclusive. Uses a Knull body. Will have a classic head and new weapon type accessories. No word on when it will be up for pre-order.

Fantastic Four 2-Pack With Wolverine and Spider-Man. This goes with last years 2pk with Franklin. Will be a fan-channel exclusive going up for pre-order at a later time. This is one of the teams they said was being completed today.

More Wolverine coming this year.

Showing the Walmart Hail Hydra Captain America and Target Sam Wilson Captain America. Sam will be at TRU in Canada. Sam will be going up on February 28th.

Amazon comic 2-pack with Original Baron Zemo and Arnim Zola. Zemo will have a hooded and unmasked head. It will have the fur collar piece even though its missing in these early PR images.

SHIELD 3 Pack with Nick Fury Jr, Sharon Carter Dum Dum Dugan. Sharon is in her White outfit. Sharon reuses parts from the Target exclusive Black Widow. Not clear if Fury will have a classic Fury head like rumors suggested. No word on when this goes up for pre-order.

Comic BAF Wave going up on the 22nd, Red Widow, Comic Book Eternals Ikaris, Black Winter that takes the form of Thor, Superior Iron Man with unmasked and masked head, X-Factor Wolfsbane, 90s Cable, Ka-Zar and the Build-A-Figure is Zabu for Ka-Zar. It will have 31 points of articulation. Superior Iron-Man doesn't have a BAF piece in the wave.

They teased a knife type accessory for an upcoming figure.

Panel ends.

Marvel.Legends.00.jpg

Marvel.Legends.01.jpg

Marvel.Legends.02.jpg

Marvel.Legends.03.jpg

Marvel.Legends.04.jpg

Marvel.Legends.05.jpg

Marvel.Legends.06.jpg

Marvel.Legends.07.jpg

Marvel.Legends.08.jpg

Marvel.Legends.09.jpg

Marvel.Legends.10.jpg

Marvel.Legends.11.jpg

Marvel.Legends.12.jpg

Marvel.Legends.13.jpg

Marvel.Legends.14.jpg

Marvel.Legends.15.jpg

Marvel.Legends.16.jpg

Marvel.Legends.17.jpg

Marvel.Legends.18.jpg

Marvel.Legends.19.jpg

Marvel.Legends.20.jpg

Marvel.Legends.21.jpg

Marvel.Legends.22.jpg

Marvel.Legends.23.jpg

Marvel.Legends.24.jpg

Marvel.Legends.25.jpg

Marvel.Legends.26.jpg

Marvel.Legends.27.jpg

Marvel.Legends.28.jpg

Marvel.Legends.29.jpg

Marvel.Legends.30.jpg

Marvel.Legends.31.jpg

Marvel.Legends.32.jpg

Marvel.Legends.33.jpg

Marvel.Legends.34.jpg

Marvel.Legends.35.jpg

Marvel.Legends.36.jpg

Marvel.Legends.37.jpg

Marvel.Legends.38.jpg

Marvel.Legends.39.jpg

Marvel.Legends.40.jpg

Marvel.Legends.41.jpg

Marvel.Legends.42.jpg

Marvel.Legends.43.jpg

Marvel.Legends.44.jpg

Marvel.Legends.45.jpg

Marvel.Legends.46.jpg

Marvel.Legends.47.jpg

Marvel.Legends.48.jpg

Marvel.Legends.49.jpg

Marvel.Legends.50.jpg

Marvel.Legends.51.jpg

Marvel.Legends.52.jpg

Marvel.Legends.53.jpg

Marvel.Legends.54.jpg

Marvel.Legends.55.jpg

Marvel.Legends.56.jpg

Marvel.Legends.57.jpg

Marvel.Legends.58.jpg

Oh thank lord! Seems like it's been quite on marvel legend news of late and I haven't gotten anything new in since the last x men wave and that was early January. I hope they show something besides x men this time, which I'm sure they will. I was just thinking yesterday we should be getting a live stream soon and boom! 

I'm expecting this to be the Deadpool movie wave also. Probably a split wave again with 3-4 movie figures and 3-4 comic figures... maybe movie Colossus as the BAF? Announcing them now for pre-order would likely have them releasing roughly in May/June.

DP Wave announcement seems likely. I just hope we get at least a comic wave announced or at least confirmed. One of the nice things for comic ML collectors is the decreased amount of films and D+ shows this year. It makes room for a lot more comic based figures all around. And here's hoping this year is like 2023, with a huge number of figures released. Once the MCU gets cooking again, I have a feeling we will be flooded with MCU figs and comic based ones will suffer. Fingers crossed!

I've honestly been enjoying a bit of a hiatus from constantly blowing money. I'm sure there's gonna be some must haves in this no matter what it is though. I'm also assuming Angel and the Wolvie packs will be releasing at the beginning of March, so money will be depleting soon.

I agree with the sentiment of a comic heavy year being a good thing for us as well. Here's hopin for some deep tracks!!!

On 2/14/2024 at 12:10 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Now Hoping again this is where we get to see Retro Iron Man & Ghost Rider waves! and Marrina.

🤔

If that means we could possibly see a wave based on 90's Iron Man/Force Works, I'd go crazy. I can't even express how much I need a Force Works U.S.Agent and Century figure in my life.

On 2/14/2024 at 12:27 PM, since83 said:

I've honestly been enjoying a bit of a hiatus from constantly blowing money. I'm sure there's gonna be some must haves in this no matter what it is though. I'm also assuming Angel and the Wolvie packs will be releasing at the beginning of March, so money will be depleting soon.

I agree with the sentiment of a comic heavy year being a good thing for us as well. Here's hopin for some deep tracks!!!

See, my thinking follows that the more comic figures released - because of less MCU product and a higher count of figures released for the year like 2023 was - the more likely we will get deep cuts as you put it. MCU movies and D+ series are in themselves marketing for MCU figures, not even counting all the actual advertising, PR and movie tie-ins that lead up to a release. I have a strong feeling Hasbro doesn't have to worry as much about product advertising and sales, due to increased awareness and intent to purchase, when their figures are MCU based (especially if the film/series is good). In a weird way, a line that was started as a comic-based line, has partially morphed into a support for movies, television series, cartoons and video games. That was inevitable I suppose. There was a few movie based figures in the old ToyBiz line, but those were usually the peg warmers and most maligned figures by collectors. Anyway, I just feel 2024 may be our best chance to get some of those more obscure comic figures for a while. All these movie scripts, castings, and production schedules are getting back on track, so a large amount of MCU product will be headed our way over the coming years, and therefore MCU Legends figures. So the time is now for getting Marrina, Excalibur Rachel Summers, Mimic, Mr. X, Exodus, Casandra Nova, Stingray, Jack Of Hearts, Starfox, the Shroud, Gargoyle, Son Of Satan, Overmind, Swordsman, Mantis, Immortus, Graviton, Magus, Korvac, Nitro, Attuma, Maelstrom, Baron Mordo, Nightmare, Umar, Shuma Gorath, Titania, Gladiator (Melvin Potter), Death Stalker, the Owl, Bi-beast, Zzzzax, the U-Foes, the Gremlin, Moonwolf, Meteor Man, Cardiac, Stegron, Spot, Will-O-Wisp, the Melter, original Blizzard, Unicorn, Whiplash/Blacklash, Firebrand, Justin Hammer, Balder, Heimdall, Kurse, Airwalker, Tyr, Zeus, Hades, Eternity, the Living Tirbunal and all the other unreleased characters people have been hoping for on this board over the years. Heck, I'm even hoping for the Great Lakes Avengers!

On 2/14/2024 at 1:34 PM, Jormungand said:

See, my thinking follows that the more comic figures released - because of less MCU product and a higher count of figures released for the year like 2023 was - the more likely we will get deep cuts as you put it. MCU movies and D+ series are in themselves marketing for MCU figures, not even counting all the actual advertising, PR and movie tie-ins that lead up to a release. I have a strong feeling Hasbro doesn't have to worry as much about product advertising and sales, due to increased awareness and intent to purchase, when their figures are MCU based (especially if the film/series is good). In a weird way, a line that was started as a comic-based line, has partially morphed into a support for movies, television series, cartoons and video games. That was inevitable I suppose. There was a few movie based figures in the old ToyBiz line, but those were usually the peg warmers and most maligned figures by collectors. Anyway, I just feel 2024 may be our best chance to get some of those more obscure comic figures for a while. All these movie scripts, castings, and production schedules are getting back on track, so a large amount of MCU product will be headed our way over the coming years, and therefore MCU Legends figures. So the time is now for getting Marrina, Excalibur Rachel Summers, Mimic, Mr. X, Exodus, Casandra Nova, Stingray, Jack Of Hearts, Starfox, the Shroud, Gargoyle, Son Of Satan, Overmind, Swordsman, Mantis, Immortus, Graviton, Magus, Korvac, Nitro, Attuma, Maelstrom, Baron Mordo, Nightmare, Umar, Shuma Gorath, Titania, Gladiator (Melvin Potter), Death Stalker, the Owl, Bi-beast, Zzzzax, the U-Foes, the Gremlin, Moonwolf, Meteor Man, Cardiac, Stegron, Spot, Will-O-Wisp, the Melter, original Blizzard, Unicorn, Whiplash/Blacklash, Firebrand, Justin Hammer, Balder, Heimdall, Kurse, Airwalker, Tyr, Zeus, Hades, Eternity, the Living Tirbunal and all the other unreleased characters people have been hoping for on this board over the years. Heck, I'm even hoping for the Great Lakes Avengers!

As far as your list..."I'm with you 'til the end of the line."

On 2/14/2024 at 1:42 PM, tarot said:

Thinking about it now. Hasbro rarely if ever does a livestream with 2 theme together. Since they did a X-men wave in December and Deadpool is considered X-men related, they might do another wave instead. Maybe the Avengers wave they have been teasing with Wasp and Red Widow?

Yeah, don't they usually release a movie wave closer to the premier date? I think you're right.

On 2/14/2024 at 10:41 AM, Reno said:

I'm expecting this to be the Deadpool movie wave also. Probably a split wave again with 3-4 movie figures and 3-4 comic figures... maybe movie Colossus as the BAF? Announcing them now for pre-order would likely have them releasing roughly in May/June.

I'm hoping for the Deadpool wave release as well but thinking about it, they may hold off depending on how spoilery the figures are considering we technically haven't even seen Wolverine yet. They may save the wave for after the full trailer comes out.

If it is revealed though, I'm not sure if it'll be half movie or all movie. Based on the teaser, Deadpool and Wolverine are the only two guarantees but based on leaks and stuff, there's gonna be at least a few variants of both characters so we could see the likes of Patch, Handsome Deadpool and maybe even the rumored Lady Deadpool. I'd also like to see Yukio, maybe Deadpool 2 Juggernaut as the BAF?

If it has comic figures though, I want them to just go crazy with different Deadpools. Pirate Deadpool was one of my favorite figures in the last wave.

On 2/14/2024 at 3:29 PM, Ironspider428 said:

If it has comic figures though, I want them to just go crazy with different Deadpools. Pirate Deadpool was one of my favorite figures in the last wave.

If they go that route then I'd want the rainbow Deadpools like they released in the Marvel Universe wave: Solo (green), Slapstick (yellow) and Foolkiller (blue). They already did the purple Terror figure years ago for the Marvel Unlimited exclusive.

On 2/14/2024 at 1:49 PM, Jormungand said:

Yeah, don't they usually release a movie wave closer to the premier date? I think you're right.

I mean it's not completely out of the question. DP3 is literally the only movie based thing with any hype or hope going for it right now. And little to zero buzz about anything else on rhe horizon. Between the DP3 trailer and the FF casting announcement I could see product based on either one of those properties or some adjacent product. But In reality it probably is the reveal of the rest of the Avengers wave and maybe a few surprises.

On 2/14/2024 at 2:45 PM, Reno said:

If they go that route then I'd want the rainbow Deadpools like they released in the Marvel Universe wave: Solo (green), Slapstick (yellow) and Foolkiller (blue). They already did the purple Terror figure years ago for the Marvel Unlimited exclusive.

I really want the Deadpool Rainbow Squad as well but I think that would be better as a multipack, either 6 or 7 figures. Deadpool and Foolkiller on RYV, Madcap and Slapstick on Pizza Spidey, Solo and Stingray on Vulcan and Terror on Omega Red. Honestly that could be a wave lol, 6 figures and Terror BAF.

The more that I think about this the more that I'm expecting the remaining Wolverine anniversary 2-pack with he and Spidey in the Fantastic 4 costumes. I still think the timing is no coincidence in coming right after the Deadpool/Wolverine Super Bowl trailer. It still feels like we'll see some Deadpool stuff here. Showing Deadpool, Wolverine and Colossus from the movie wouldn't exactly be anything spoilerish and if they follow recent patterns there will be comic figures in the wave as well. They showed that flame base/accessory last time, maybe they'll pay that off with that reveal next week. They probably also have to reveal Ka-Zar this time after doing the Red Widow and Lilandra reveals from those previous hints, right? Could Ka-Zar and maybe Rachel Phoenix (I'm just guessing wildly based upon the flame base) end up being comic based figures in a Deadpool movie wave where it's 50/50 movie/comic?

On 2/14/2024 at 7:51 PM, Ironspider428 said:

I really want the Deadpool Rainbow Squad as well but I think that would be better as a multipack, either 6 or 7 figures. Deadpool and Foolkiller on RYV, Madcap and Slapstick on Pizza Spidey, Solo and Stingray on Vulcan and Terror on Omega Red. Honestly that could be a wave lol, 6 figures and Terror BAF.

I've been thinking of that for a long time too. I do think it's something that they must be thinking about now more than ever. I've even been thinking of recipes much like you but mine are a little different.

I was thinking Madcap on Pizza Spidey. Solo on Sunfire though I think the Vulcan A model would be better now. Foolkiller on the Spider UK model because it has those wrinkles that look like his gimp suit. Slapstick originally using the Miles Morales model but the updated Kid Omega model would give it that extra articulation. Stingray on the other Vulcan B model of course. And then Terror on the Odinson model. But here's that little extra I would do if I were Hasbro to get maximum dollar out of this pack. I would first do a multipack based on Deadpool #3. Where they were all in red suits ff their own unique designs but with very character specific head sculpts. And then a little time later I would do the whole Rainbow Force team based on Deadpool #4 as an entire Deadpool wave with Terror as the BAF. And then to give that little bit of extra incentive for those who bought the red set already I'd include unmasked head sculpts with each. I would moan and complain about the redundancy and the cash grab but you better believe I'd buy every single one. And I'd love them all. And of course a DP update on the Vulcan model and a unique Masacre figure would be part of the wave as well.

Sadly I think if they do do the Rainbow Force it will probably be similar to that low cost low effort repaint job they did back in the MU days.

large-1259560.jpg

Deadpool-Mercs-for-Money-Rainbow-Deadpool-Costumes-e1457233547605.png

marvel_deadpool_rainbow_squad_by_mdwyer5_deeiacd-pre.jpg

On 2/15/2024 at 2:42 PM, since83 said:

I really want most of those characters, but in their actual costumes not the DP looks. Madcap and Stingray being on my short list of Must-haves. 

Totally agree.  Stingray deserves to be in his proper cool costume, not some lame DP recolour