Disney+ X-men '97 Official Trailer

toynewman

I'm glad they did the Art this way, sure it feels new-er in style but they preserved most of the overall look, I'm happy that they didn't do an art style like so many expected, and it was going to look like What If.

Really excited for this show, Even though it was only like 3 years ago I watched All Seasons of X-Men, I might have to go back and do it again.

X-Men ’97 revisits the iconic era of the 1990s as The X-Men, a band of mutants who use their uncanny gifts to protect a world that hates and fears them, are challenged like never before, forced to face a dangerous and unexpected new future.

The lineup of voice actors for X-Men ’97 is Ray Chase lending his voice to Cyclops, Jennifer Hale as Jean Grey, Alison Sealy-Smith as Storm, Cal Dodd as Wolverine, JP Karliak as Morph, Lenore Zann as Rogue, George Buza as Beast, AJ LoCascio as Gambit, Holly Chou as Jubilee, Isaac Robinson-Smith as Bishop, Matthew Waterson as Magneto, and Adrian Hough as Nightcrawler.

The direction of the episodes of X-Men '97 is handled by Jake Castorena, Chase Conley, and Emi Yonemura. The series showcases music composed by The Newton Brothers, while DeMayo, Brad Winderbaum, Kevin Feige, Louis D'Esposito, and Victoria Alonso serve as executive producers.

The animation, staging and posing are clearly different from the previous series, but that is expected.   Animation layout is obviously different now because it is digital rather than on paper--and that influences what we see on screen--the close-up shot of Jubilee smiling is an example of that.
This all reflects the advances in TV animation over the last 30 years, just as you would expect cartoons to be different from 1947 to 1977. 
One of the key things I notice is that this new show draws from a LOT more contemporary visual cues in comics and movies than the original series did, again simply because the artists working on it have been steeped in it it all for that much longer.

On 2/15/2024 at 3:55 PM, tarot said:

because the 90's Spider-man show was directly connected to this show. The others are like Iron man, Hulk F4 etc are a bit iffy.

True but versions of iron man and the fantastic four appeared in Spiderman so there's some kind of connection there. It's not as much of a coherent universe as some people make it out to be but there are some connections 

On 2/15/2024 at 9:55 PM, tarot said:

because the 90's Spider-man show was directly connected to this show. The others are like Iron man, Hulk F4 etc are a bit iffy.

They were all connected, but doing crossovers and even cameos required a lot of legal tape and permission from Marvel. In the original 90's show, they got around it by basically lying and fooling the producers. 

• 3 weeks later...

Disney+ has announced that the X-Men 97 animated series will kick-off with a 2 episode premier starting on March 20th. They also have released the schedule for the entire season as follows:

March 20th - To Me, My X-Men and Mutant Liberation Begins

March 27th - Fire Made Flesh

April 3 - Motendo/Lifedeath Part 1

April 10 - Remember It

April 17 - Lifedeath Part 2

April 24 - Bright Eyes

May 1 - Tolerance Is Extinction Part 1

May 8 - Tolerance Is Extinction Part 2

May 15 - Tolerance Is Extinction Part 3 (Season Finale)

X-Men-97-Schedule.jpg