Hasbro Marvel Legends Series Zabu Build-a-Figure Wave Official Images and Info

toynewman

Revealed during today's Marvel Hasbro Pulse FanStream, iconic characters are coming from Marvel Comics to Marvel Legends Series in the new wave of figures featuring Ikaris, Black Winter (Thor), Marvel's Cable, Ka-Zar, Wolfsbane, Red Widow and Superior Iron Man! Collect them all to assemble the Marvel's Zabu Build-A-Figure. Available for pre-order Thursday, February 22 at 1:00pm ET from our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth.

Sabu.00.jpg

Zabu.01.jpg

Zabu.02.jpg

Zabu.03.jpg

Zabu.04.jpg

Zabu.05.jpg

Zabu.06.jpg

Zabu.07.jpg

Zabu.08.jpg

Zabu.09.jpg

Zabu.10.jpg

Zabu.11.jpg

Zabu.12.jpg

Zabu.13.jpg

Zabu.14.jpg

Zabu.15.jpg

Zabu.16.jpg

Zabu.17.jpg

Zabu.18.jpg

Zabu.19.jpg

Zabu.20.jpg

Zabu.21.jpg

Zabu.22.jpg

Zabu.23.jpg

Zabu.24.jpg

Zabu.25.jpg

Zabu.26.jpg

Zabu.27.jpg

Zabu.28.jpg

Zabu.29.jpg

Zabu.30.jpg

Zabu.31.jpg

On 2/20/2024 at 11:56 AM, McHogan said:

So...this isn't considered the Avengers wave that's been rumored right?.... Right?

Obviously Hasbro is mixing things up so some of these figures that were rumored such as Ikaris, Ka-Zar, Black Winter which is obviously what people though was a repaint of the previous Thor Hasbro did were shown today.  So other figures that where rumored like say Count Nefaria and Iron Man from Heroes Reborne are likely coming, just not in one Avengers wave like some people thought. It's def weird Hasbro is mixing up X-Men and Avengers characters in one wave now.

What a random wave. Hopefully it sells well. I'm interested in Wolfsbane. Cable is tempting, but I have the TB and it's good enough. Money don't grow on trees, sadly.

I imagine the X characters will sell enough for collectors. I'm not sure how Thor and Iron Man will do since they aren't very recognizable in that depiction. Were those from successful comic runs?

That BAF will be fun to complete.

I hope Wolfsbane's face isn't quite what is shown here. Room for improvement, I'll say.

I'm content enough that we're finally getting Superior Iron Man, and while I'd rather they didn't reuse any parts, at least it has enough new going for it.

But they really messed up the finish. First the Model 70, and now this one. The Hasbro team feels particularly careless about the suits that are supposed to have a chrome finish. And since there's no way they were going to pull an Ultron and paint this figure's entire surface, at the very least they should've gone with a silvery metallic white color for the plastic.

I'll make sure to put a chrome marker on my cart when I buy this figure...

On a side note, I'm kinda digging the hodgepodge approach to this wave. Reminds me of the ToyBiz days where Spider-Man and Professor X could be wavemates, or Kitty Pryde and the Setnry. It's kinda like it's putting the emphasis on Marvel Legends. Just one big family.

The thing I'm most excited about is Kazar. Not so much the character but tge fact that it is a Reaper sized model with the much coveted butterflies. Now to bear the brunt of the cost of them going back and redoing all the affected characters. Lol. Be careful what we wish for.

Strange wave but in a year of little to zero MCU static I'm glad to see the mixed waves back on deck. Wolsbane! Nuff said.

Ikaris is cool looking but I don't need to start another team that will never be completed. Might as well say that with Ka-Zar and Zabu as well. Unless a FURRY bikini somehow gets the green light.

Red Widow too I guess. Had to Google her. No Way THAT team gets completed.

Im equally tempted and annoyed by that Dr Strange. An animated version gets a visible Demon symbol? But dang, overall he is a nice looking figure. But "hippy" Morbius is bleh 

Really liking the multi packs. The SHIELD and Zemo sets look great.

How does this one shot FF team get completed before Alpha Flight and Excalibur? Oh right, Spiney AND Wolverine

I can't say that all of these releases are for me but this amazing run of Marvel Legends continues from Hasbro. 

Only half of these releases appeal to me but the ones that do will still cost me.  This is a good problem to have

I'm all for this wave. That Superior Iron Man is long overdue. I like when they do this mixture of characters. Won't lie though, I thought that Thor was a Kree warrior of some sort. 

On 2/20/2024 at 12:45 PM, ADour said:

I'm content enough that we're finally getting Superior Iron Man, and while I'd rather they didn't reuse any parts, at least it has enough new going for it.

But they really messed up the finish. First the Model 70, and now this one. The Hasbro team feels particularly careless about the suits that are supposed to have a chrome finish. And since there's no way they were going to pull an Ultron and paint this figure's entire surface, at the very least they should've gone with a silvery metallic white color for the plastic.

I'll make sure to put a chrome marker on my cart when I buy this figure...

On a side note, I'm kinda digging the hodgepodge approach to this wave. Reminds me of the ToyBiz days where Spider-Man and Professor X could be wavemates, or Kitty Pryde and the Setnry. It's kinda like it's putting the emphasis on Marvel Legends. Just one big family.

Good point. The only themed wave was a villains wave. It is kind of fun. A difference for me is that there are some iconic depictions alongside some random ones. Half of this wave is modern characters (as far as I know). I don't blame them for the selection, It just doesn't have the same appeal as a wave containing any of the remaining iconic character designs.

On 2/20/2024 at 1:13 PM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

I think Feral will be a retool of that Wolfsbane figure down the line.  Still no armored Psylocke from the Outback years...but I'm nothing if not patient. 

Definitely, given that tall hair. I don't know if Wolfsbane's was quite that big. Nevertheless, if Feral is a fairly straight repaint, I won't be super upset. I'm happy with close enough on some of these.

On 2/20/2024 at 1:13 PM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

I think Feral will be a retool of that Wolfsbane figure down the line.  Still no armored Psylocke from the Outback years...but I'm nothing if not patient. 

I believe they have to be saving that Psylocke to anchor a box set or something. If they give us that Psylocke with a bunch of random X repaints that are in moderate demand, it might help move that product. I can't think of any reason for further delay given she is in such demand and the one guy in the video loves that era.

On 2/20/2024 at 1:20 PM, Chunkylover said:

I believe they have to be saving that Psylocke to anchor a box set or something. If they give us that Psylocke with a bunch of random X repaints that are in moderate demand, it might help move that product. I can't think of any reason for further delay given she is in such demand and the one guy in the video loves that era.

Armored Psylocke, Shirtless Colossus, Spiky-haired (no headband) blue suit Dazzler,  80's Rogue with the REALLY big hair (and lighter green torso/gloves/boots), and a proper Outback Storm?  I'd buy it.  But then again the Outback era was pretty much my formative years with the X-Men.

Though if they REALLY wanted to swing for the fences drop the minor tweaks (Storm, Dazzler, Rogue) and go with a Madelyne Pryor (Civvie or comic Goblin Queen), Scalphunter, and Malice/Polaris.  As while they're not perfect Outback versions we do have "close enough" versions of those three ladies.

I'm am jazzed for this wave. These seem like figures picked from various fan lists, including mine. Dark Thor looks interesting. So does Icarus. Ka-zar and Wolfsbane are upgrades I've wanted for awhile. Zabu looks great. I will be getting the set.  Hopefully there's a new Shanna coming, maybe as part of a SDCC Savage Land set. Four-Arms, Brainchild, etc.

I love this wave:

1. Red Widow - I'm one of the few that was estatic that they announced this figure. More Winter Guard are always welcome
  2. Ikaris- NEVER Thought we would see any Eternals in this line beyond Sersi. NOW I'm starting to make a wish list of who I want next. Thank god I can finally get rid of the MCU version.
  3. Superior Iron Man- I'm okay with this. I did ask for it and will probably get the inevitable repaint.
  4. Cable - This looks fantastic. This will be my Cable in my display
  5. Wolfsbane - Finally.....that all I have to say. Now re-release or remake Quicksilver.
  6. Black Winter - the only duh in this wave and I use that term loosely since hey, new character.
  7. Ka-Zar- Nice to get an upgrade of this. I have the SDCC one.
  8. Zabu- My god is this a thing of beauty. only 2 BAF revealed this year and they are both stunning.

On 2/20/2024 at 5:42 PM, ransomz said:

I'm am jazzed for this wave. These seem like figures picked from various fan lists, including mine. Dark Thor looks interesting. So does Icarus. Ka-zar and Wolfsbane are upgrades I've wanted for awhile. Zabu looks great. I will be getting the set.  Hopefully there's a new Shanna coming, maybe as part of a SDCC Savage Land set. Four-Arms, Brainchild, etc.

Yes! Forearm and Brainchild would be cool. Forearm works for Savage Land displays and MLF. Brainchild works if you want to go with Uncle Chris into weird pervert land.

The odd ball selection of this wave is just so lovable to me, some really awesome characters here, as well as some really nice looking alternative looks, Red Widow, Ka-Zar & Ikaris are a must, plus gotta have Zabu if you got Ka-Zar, so I'm getting this whole wave, plus technically Black Winter is a new character, and it's a sick repaint, Wolfsbane is a top notch update, and that Cable is just nice nice, gotta get this wave, probably skip IM despite me liking this Armor, but he has no BAF piece so he won't be a must get, likely wait and see if he ever goes on sale.

Fun wave gotta say, pleased with it.