New Marvel Legends Astonishing X-Men Wolverine Figure Revealed??? - Plus New Pre-Order Next Week And More Iron Man And Captain America

JayC

Some images popped up yesterday on the Chinese message board Tieba. The images which you can see below are said to be for an upcoming Marvel Legends Astonishing X-Men Wolverine figure from Hasbro. The_Great_Titan over on Reddit was the first to discover these images.

So the big question is whether or not this is a real figure from Hasbro or just an elaborate custom, and unfortunately we have no way of answering that for you at this time. If the figure is a custom then it is a very elaborate one featuring pin-less arms and legs, swivel torso and sculpted hair on the arms. If this is a legit figure then likely this was slipped out of one of the factories over in China which is why the head is likely missing. You may also note that in one of the images it looks like we might be able to see the feet of the currently un-released X-Factor Wolfsbane figure. Another indication of something slipped out of one of the factories Hasbro uses.

So for now we can only speculate on whether this is a legit figure or a nice custom, but we also know that there is at least one more unseen Wolverine 50th Anniversary 2-Pack coming which Hasbro's Dan Yun has mentioned is coming in 2024. So this figure might be part of that. If or when more details become available we will be sure to let you know.

While we are on the subject of Dan Yun, he has been over on X teasing stuff. First he has said their will be a new "Classic" Marvel Legends pre-order coming next week. It's possible that could be referencing the Target exclusive Spider-Man Retro Cardback Carnage figure that Hasbro showed off in their last live-stream at the beginning of March. That is the only figure Hasbro has officially revealed that has yet to go up for pre-order. I wouldn't necessarily use the word "Classic" to describe that one but I guess it could fit. Also there are no indications currently on the Entertainment Earth Drop Zone pre-order page of something for Marvel Legends going up next week which could suggest a store exclusive.

Dan Yun has also suggested that there is a similar image as the one shown below of Tony Stark looking at his Iron Man Armors which features another Iron Man figure. This might be a reference to the long-rumored Hero's Reborn Iron Man figure or perhaps something completely different. Only time will tell.

Finally Dan has suggested that there are more Captain America Marvel Legends figures coming this year besides the recent Walmart Secret Empire Cap and Target Falcon Cap. So we will have to keep an eye out for more details on those as well.

Astonishing-X-Men-Wolverine 0.jpg

Astonishing-X-Men-Wolverine 2.jpg

GKZvHkkXYAARFui.jpg

I think it was said and I'm not sure by whom, that we would get so much Wolverine this year our heads would spin. Consider mine spinning. Been wanting a new Atonishing Wolvie for some time now. And a new head sculpt will be better than most I bet. I hope Deadpool gets some big love as well as the movie gets closer. He is arguably more popular than Wolvie these days. As far as Iron Man goes I think one of the leaks that came out last year said there would be Reborn Iron Man. Didn't it? As far as Captain America? Let's go. Let's do it. Let's get past that Hydra Cap and Secret Empire Cap garbage and get him back on the good side. There are so many Cap adjacent Heroes and villains they can seriously do entire waves and Retro card sets. They can mix and match between redos of characters like Crossbones and Bucky to never done before like Diamondback and Nomad. How about Super Patriot and D Man? It's time to concentrate on his backlog without the bother of having to work within the confines of an Avengers wave or an MCU wave. Seriously it is laughable how few of Cap's lore remains unexplored in ML compared to other franchises. And that was even while the Foxverse properties were being banished by Marvel and the MCU. It's time for some sweet sweet Captain America love.

On 4/5/2024 at 8:53 PM, MeGrimlock78 said:

What about the feet in the pic?  The silver one could be Lilandra (from a 2 pack, interestingly), but what about the orange naked foot? 

Too small to be Sasquatch...

Not flamey enough to be Human Torch...

I'm almost thinking like Wild Child, but that's stupid for a 2-pack, and not related to Astonishing X-Men at all.

Wolfsbane.

While I'm always stoked to get a new figure, I am still holding out that we get a classic yellow and brown Wolverine to go with the Wolverine anniversary theme. If Astonishing Wolverine ends up being the final Wolverine-themed revealed I will admittedly be a bit disappointed. Not because I don't like this iteration of the character, only because I'm holding out for that classic version. Especially because I missed the last one! 

On 4/5/2024 at 4:39 PM, Hogun said:

Oh dear! Comic Wolverine has fallen victim to the dumbbell neck joint system!

Was going to say the exact thing. If Hasbro could ever figure out how to do it right I wouldn't mind it. But judging by the pics it looks like they haven't (if this is real and not a custom).

If it is real I would be very surprised. I thought the hot claws Wolverine was just a few slight color changes away from an Astonishing one.

On 4/6/2024 at 2:27 PM, Ironspider428 said:

I'm almost certain that Wolverine is legit. Dumbbell neck, diaphragm/ab crunch combo and yellow plastic combined all point to this not being a custom.

Agree! Everything looks too refined to seem custom. If it is a custom Hasbro needs to give that person a job ASAP. Even the stippling of the hairs on his arms cries legit. As far as the legs they are clearly Lilandra and Wolfsbane. Both figures that have been previously done. So I don't read anything into them. Don't get me wrong. I'd live for it to be Feral and I know she's coming but I can't see any angle that puts them in a set together. Other than they are both literally feral based mutants. I don't think they have any significant history that I'm aware of. Especially given that the rest of the sets are based on some fairly prominent cover art. Can't think of anything of lasting memory that contains Wolvie and Feral.

On 4/7/2024 at 11:36 AM, SpiderS said:

As much as I like inverted ab crunch it doesn't make much sense with characters who have belts and by that are ideal for simple waist swivels because they hide it so well but I will take this Wolverine as long as head sculpt is good.

Yes I don't understand what Hasbro is doing by switching up the entire formula for ab crunch vs diaphragm thing. I though the way they had it was fine. For the most part the male figures had the crunch & waist swivel and the females had the diaphragm joint which was good because it fell right underneath where the breasts typically sit. But with this adding and eliminating of certain tried and true elements and then with the integration of the waist ball joint is creating some strange looking figures. Power Man and the recent Jean Grey from X-Men 97 immediately come to mind. Yes in this case where the belt would easily hide the waist swivel one wonders what they're thinking here. I often point out how G.I. Joe Classified has a much better track record in not only determining which joints or combination of joints work best for their figures but admittedly those characters have a lot more belts and gear to cover joint lines and unsightly breaks. But again what they're doing with this Wolverine seems pointless and unnecessary for no reason.

I much prefer ab crunch.  I feel it holds poses better, and I think looks more natural (or I'm just used to it).

Does this have to come with Kitty? I thouhht we just had an Astonishing Kitty.  The other packs have at least given us new versions of at least one character (maybe not the Sabretooth pack, actually, but still!).

Lastly, what's the issue with the barbell neck?

On 4/7/2024 at 8:02 PM, MeGrimlock78 said:

I much prefer ab crunch.  I feel it holds poses better, and I think looks more natural (or I'm just used to it).

Does this have to come with Kitty? I thouhht we just had an Astonishing Kitty.  The other packs have at least given us new versions of at least one character (maybe not the Sabretooth pack, actually, but still!).

Lastly, what's the issue with the barbell neck?

The last Astonishing style Kitty was in 2016 in the Juggernaut wave.

On 4/7/2024 at 8:46 PM, leokearon said:

The last Astonishing style Kitty was in 2016 in the Juggernaut wave.

that wasn't astonishing. That was All-new X-men from when she became the mentor to the Time-Displaced X-men. So the last time we had a Astonishing Kitty was the Toybiz days.

On 4/7/2024 at 8:49 PM, tarot said:

that wasn't astonishing. That was All-new X-men from when she became the mentor to the Time-Displaced X-men. So the last time we had a Astonishing Kitty was the Toybiz days.

Okay, just nearly all of Kitty’s Yellow and Black costumes look really similar 

It'd be cool if Asonishing Wolvie came with that Beast. We really have been snubbed on a character with so many very distinct looks. The cat look, ape like toothy underbite look, and human with big hands and feet look, have all been pretty much ignored. There was that horrible 1st app X pack and I think Toy Biz or early Hasbro put out the Astonishing look, but he was tiny. 

On 4/7/2024 at 3:57 PM, leokearon said:

Okay, just nearly all of Kitty’s Yellow and Black costumes look really similar 

Geez, I can't believe the last Kitty was that long ago!

I felt like it was just an X-Men wave or two ago.

And yeah, all of her recent costumes are very similar.  Even 90's Excalibur.  I think thr big difference with Astonishing was more ponytail?