New HasbroPulse Exclusive Marvel Legends Classic Wasp And Giant-Man 2-Pack

JayC

Hasbro today announced that going up for pre-order tomorrow (April 9) at 1pm ET on Hasbro Pulse will be a new Marvel Legends 2-Pack that will feature Classic Wasp and a normal sized Giant-Man figure that matches the new Haslab version. Both figures will have masked and unmasked heads. Wasp will have removable wings and alternate hands. Giant-Man will also include a soft-goods lab coat and other lab type accessories. This is also where that mini-Quinjet they teased at WonderCon will be included.

They also showed off the art that will be featured on the packaging for the Haslab Giant-Man. Check out images below.

Wasp-Giant-Man-2-Pack 0.jpg

Wasp-Giant-Man-2-Pack 2.jpg

Wasp-Giant-Man-2-Pack 3.jpg

Wasp-Giant-Man-2-Pack 4.jpg

Wasp-Giant-Man-2-Pack 5.jpg

Wasp-Giant-Man-2-Pack 6.jpg

Wasp-Giant-Man-2-Pack 7.jpg

Wasp-Giant-Man-2-Pack 8.jpg

Wasp-Giant-Man-2-Pack 9.jpg

Wasp-Giant-Man-2-Pack 10.jpg

Wasp-Giant-Man-2-Pack 11.jpg

Wasp-Giant-Man-2-Pack 12.jpg

Wasp-Giant-Man-2-Pack 13.jpg

Wasp-Giant-Man-2-Pack 14.jpg

Wasp-Giant-Man-2-Pack 15.jpg

Wasp-Giant-Man-2-Pack 16.jpg

Wasp-Giant-Man-2-Pack 17.jpg

Wasp-Giant-Man-2-Pack 18.jpg

Wasp-Giant-Man-2-Pack 19.jpg

Wasp-Giant-Man-2-Pack 20.jpg

Wasp-Giant-Man-2-Pack 21.jpg

Wasp-Giant-Man-2-Pack 22.jpg

Wasp-Giant-Man-2-Pack 23.jpg

Wasp-Giant-Man-2-Pack 24.jpg

Wasp-Giant-Man-2-Pack 25.jpg

Wasp-Giant-Man-2-Pack 26.jpg

Wasp-Giant-Man-2-Pack 28.jpg

Wasp-Giant-Man-2-Pack.jpg

Great Idea for a 2-pack. Not only that but this set give us 2 distinct looks for both Hank and Janet. One thing I'm confuse about is Janet's w. is it removable or did the ShootingGalaxy (Or what ever his name is) get a figure before it was finished.

It should be said that in the video, they also confirmed there will be some sort of Ant-man themed wave around the time of release.

Personally not digging Wasp's masked head, but it is accurate.

This is a cool set for anyone with Giant Man, or those who didn't to drop that much on a figure...kudos!

But why a mini Quinjet?  Did Hank shrink it at some point?

Oh...they should've made one of the Giant Man tiers a Hot Wheels sized Quinjet...that woulda been neat!

On 4/8/2024 at 4:40 PM, MeGrimlock78 said:

This is a cool set for anyone with Giant Man, or those who didn't to drop that much on a figure...kudos!

Oh...they should've made one of the Giant Man tiers a Hot Wheels sized Quinjet...that woulda been neat!

Yes. Hank has constantly shrunk the quinjet and many other vehicles. What you think the tank in the first movie was just for laughs?

I think we all woulda loved for this to come with the Haslab, but I'm definitely getting this! It woulda been nice if we got some points or a code that gave you a nice discount on this set if you backed. Either way this looks phenomenal!

Take your Marvel collection to epic new heights with the Marvel Legends Series Hank Pym (Giant-Man) & Janet Van Dyne (Wasp) multipack! Inspired by the characters' appearance in Marvel's Tales to Astonish, these figures have comics-inspired design and deco featuring their classic red Avengers costumes and removable wings for Wasp, plus 11 accessories to bring the comics to life on your shelf, including an alternate head and hands for each figure, removable lab jacket, lab equipment, and miniature Quinjet!

Available exclusively on HasbroPulse beginning tomorrow, April 9th, at 1:00pm ET for Hasbro Pulse Premium members and 2:00pm ET for all fans!

Wasp.0.jpg

Wasp.00.jpg

Wasp.02.jpg

Wasp.03.jpg

Wasp.04.jpg

Wasp.05.jpg

Wasp.06.jpg

Wasp.07.jpg

Wasp.08.jpg

Wasp.09.jpg

On 4/8/2024 at 12:26 PM, leokearon said:

Strange they picked Avengers #4 variant with Cap at the centre instead of choosing one with the two of them at the centre or on their own

Right? It's especially weird because of all the covers to reference, they picked one with someone other than Giant Man, not only centered, but as the largest figure in the frame.

I'm not sure how I feel about this yet. The fact that it's Hasbro Pulse and will cost an additional $6-$8 to ship on top of a $50 (maybe $60 because of accessories / exclusivity?) price tag makes it less than a slam dunk for me. I really only need one Hank Pym and that's going to be the HasLab, and I've also already got the 5-pack version and the Target exclusive Ant-Man (not to mention older versions). This may be my favorite Wasp figure to date, but I also have plenty of comic Wasp figures. I'm conflicted about this one. I personally would have preferred a stand alone Wasp but I understand why they did this 2-pack instead. I'm going to have to give it some thought.

On 4/8/2024 at 7:40 AM, MeGrimlock78 said:

Technically you're right....Hank wouldn't have shrunk this, as in this particular era (early 60s) the Avengers didn't even have a Quinjet. That came later, after the Black Panther joined, and he designed their first Quinjet (1969).  The Vision and the Black Panther destroyed it on its first mission (rammed it into a Frost Giant).  This model came out in '79, and was designed by John Byrne. It was ALSO destroyed on its first mission (Wonder Man), but not to worry, they got a new one in the next issue. It pretty much became iconic because before this, the Avengers' artists didn't stick to just one design for the Quinjet. 

qj1.jpg

qj2.jpg

On 4/8/2024 at 1:19 PM, Atlantis said:

Technically you're right....Hank wouldn't have shrunk this, as in this particular era (early 60s) the Avengers didn't even have a Quinjet. That came later, after the Black Panther joined, and he designed their first Quinjet (1969).  The Vision and the Black Panther destroyed it on its first mission (rammed it into a Frost Giant).  This model came out in '79, and was designed by John Byrne. It was ALSO destroyed on its first mission (Wonder Man), but not to worry, they got a new one in the next issue. It pretty much became iconic because before this, the Avengers' artists didn't stick to just one design for the Quinjet. 

qj1.jpg

qj2.jpg

That reminds me of how frequently the X-Men destroyed Blackbirds...

Amazing set. 

Only knock is the soft goods. I guess the way they did the Moira Mactaggert lab coat was toooo perfect for Marvel Legends so they decided to "doll" up the line. Poor choice but I'm still ordering.

Now listen up Hasbro... the only O.G. Avenger left  is Hulk in his tiny purple shorts and smaller body  stature. No matter how many times you change the head sculpt, if it isn't Avengers 1 Hulk, the team is incomplete!

On 4/8/2024 at 9:36 AM, MeGrimlock78 said:

That reminds me of how frequently the X-Men destroyed Blackbirds...

Right!? Xavier probably drained the family fortune, replacing those things. He had to go begging to Angel for a loan LOL!  But they smash these multi-million jets as soon as they get them....this is why we can't have nice things...

qj1 d.jpg

qj2 d.jpg

Great! Exactly what I was hoping for. An update on the Giant Man and a Classic-ish Wasp. IMO all of the Wasps have been great. Comic and MCU. But this one will be my favorite. Of course these should have been the Giant Man tiers but I guess the costs offset in the end. I was actually hoping for an entire wave but I was skeptical if GM could carry one on his own. There's no shortage of possibilities though.