Hasbro Marvel Legends April 2024 Fanstream Coverage

JayC

On 4/16/2024 at 10:01 AM, Reno said:

"....I'll probably buy all of the others that they showed yesterday + both Hulkbuster and Odin that they didn't. I wonder if Odin will be a re-issue of the BAF (like they tend to do years later) or if it will be a whole new sculpt?..."

"... really wish that they could have revealed at least one new previously unmade character yesterday.....After 20+ years I'm getting pretty tired of most of my purchases being updates to figures that I already own..... I know that's just part of the business, but I think that I'm nearing my limit and tolerance with it...." 

"... never touch but a very small percentage of the overall Marvel character library, which is literally tens of thousands characters...."

Hopefully with an Odin re-do, they'll show some other Asgardian love to Warriors Three and classic Beta Ray Bill.....

Wow, well put....I echo what you're saying about them not tapping that deep well that they have. I'm still waiting for Red Wolf, some Golden Age characters (oooh, just hit me- with the new Angel wings, they can now do a decent Red Raven). In addition to doing the characters though I really want them done accurately. 

On 4/16/2024 at 1:03 PM, JayC said:

I believe they had it listed with an incorrect lower price and pulled it and canceled those order. Probably be back up with correct price soon.

That makes sense. I thought they had initially said the price for Superior Spidey would be higher but when you reported it went up for the standard $24.99 I decided to place the order after all. Now that they've FIXED it I'll probably just let it be. I'll save some money for Ketch GR.

On 4/15/2024 at 2:06 PM, AndyL said:

My biggest disappointment is with Warbird. Glad she got some more love and I'm glad for the people where weren't able to get the first VHTF one but as usual I just wish they had stayed consistent with her body model. They redid Moonstone on the mold. Why couldn't they keep this one on it. 

Right! I agree, good figure, but should have stayed with the previous mold. Also its good that while the thigh boots now have a seam or lip instead of just being painted on, they should have made them like the boots used for the Extremis Armor. That would eliminate the thigh cut, but still give decent articulation. 

Super articulated Carol is amazing! Although I have my nitpicks, mainly I would love to see Hasbro challenge themselves and try to make thigh cuts hidden by boots overlay, either something close to how they make Wolverine boots on how they did Hulk's lower leg jeans that were soft plastic overlay, yes it would have been hard but so much cooler and aesthetically pleasing, I could also argue about musculature and buffness but Carol isn't really drawn muscular as often.

Superior Spidey is almost pefect, proportions and sculpting is truly impressive but sadly they had to put something weird such as elongated crotch/"diaper piece", like they were so close to making perfect Spider-man body but I guess something has to go wrong.

Shown below is the new Hasbro Marvel Legends Series 85th Anniversary Luke Cage & Iron Fist 2-pack will be available for pre-order April 23rd at 1 pm EST from our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth with a suggested retail price of $49.99.

MARVEL LEGENDS SERIES IRON FIST AND LUKE CAGE (MARVEL 85TH ANNIVERSARY)
(HASBRO | Ages 4 years & up | Approx. Retail Price: $49.99 | Available: Summer 2024)

Luke Cage and Iron Fist reach new heights as heroes when they’re called to join the roster of New Avengers, teaming up to fight for justice. Celebrate the MARVEL UNIVERSE and 85 years of MARVEL COMICS with this MARVEL LEGENDS SERIES IRON FIST AND LUKE CAGE (85TH ANNIVERSARY) 2-pack. These quality 6-inch scale figures feature deco inspired by the characters’ appearances in Marvel’s The New Avengers comics. The figures feature extensive articulation and are highly posable for display and play. Includes 2 figures and 12 comics-inspired accessories including alternate head and hands for each figure.  

Iron.Fist.99.jpg

On 4/19/2024 at 8:14 AM, Jormungand said:

I'm glad Hasbro went with a modern Luke Cage since we just got the classic 70s style outfit just last year. The classic Iron Fist outfit looks awesome, can't wait to add him to the collection.

I try not to predict what this team will or won't do with these figures; I mean who on earth thought their "classic" Luke Cage would turn out the way it did? Nevertheless, I have a strong hunch that there will soon be a TRULY classic 2 pack coming, this time with Iron Fist in the classic collar ending in a "v", maybe a darker green to his outfit, and Powerman with the blue or darker blue leggings, an ab crunch, and boot swivel. Maybe even on a larger frame this time. Like I say I don't like to predict but its such an iconic set, and the  duo is like 80% there already. Can't see the Legends team passing this up. 

Then again I thought for sure classic Ms. Marvel was coming, once that Rogue with the scarf came out. 

What would also be cool is the inclusion of the special effect Iron Fist always had in the comics. The almost flame-like, swirling, "energy" trail Gil Kane used (invented?) a lot in his art. If Kirby had the Kirby Crackle, then I'd call this the Kane Trail. SH-KOW!!

if.jpg

On 4/20/2024 at 1:43 PM, SpiderS said:

They can also reuse most of the Luke Cage for the Doc Samson figure, they would only need new lower legs.

That would be great. Doc Samson needs a re-do....but what I'd really love to see is if they dare to do the 80's red suit and pony tail version. 

dz.jpg

dzx.jpg

On 4/21/2024 at 12:03 AM, Nosferatuman62172 said:

I only want Iron Fist from this set as I plan on picking up the Classic Luke Cage.

Yeah I really only want Iron Fist here as well, Luke looks good but not something I care about, already have a classic cage and the modern Defenders set Cage, this just isn't very necessary for me, but I hate the Iron Fist I have (Defenders pack), this one is far superior, I'll just bite the bullet and buy this 2 pack for Danny and sell the Luke. That's how they get ya!

obviously it makes sense to have these 2 together in a pack, but I would have loved it if it was like Iron Fist and Steel Serpent or Coleen Wing, or even a new Misty Knight, but whatever....