Hasbro Marvel Legends April 2024 Fanstream Coverage

JayC

What's been with the wrong pricing lately? Amazon had Superior SM up at the wrong price and hasn't had him.back up since. Now EE listed at 59. I thought I remembered it being 49, but was at work and didn't want to hesitate on ordering him. Checked Pulse when I got home and he's 49 and sold out. Listed here at 49 too. Hope there's a price adjustment!

On 4/30/2024 at 3:26 PM, since83 said:

What's been with the wrong pricing lately? Amazon had Superior SM up at the wrong price and hasn't had him.back up since. Now EE listed at 59. I thought I remembered it being 49, but was at work and didn't want to hesitate on ordering him. Checked Pulse when I got home and he's 49 and sold out. Listed here at 49 too. Hope there's a price adjustment!

EE has adjusted the price back down to $49.99 but unless you're ordering $80 worth of stuff you're going to be paying $18 in shipping. I'm no fan of BBTS. They've screwed up one too many orders of mine but they had the price right from the start and the shipping is $4. Who knew this item would be so popular? Oh that's right. Everyone but the heads of Hasbro.

On 4/30/2024 at 3:26 PM, since83 said:

I mean, he's still up on Big Bad.  Might just want to consider making the switch on your order and saving yourself a couple of bucks.  Just a thought. 

The other thing is, and it's not 100% but something I've noticed on Pulse- a thing will sell out, and as long as it's not a partner exclusive, at some point in the next 24 hours they'll change it from sold out and more will be back up for pre-order.  It's not every item, but there is a pattern there. 

On 4/30/2024 at 10:26 AM, Thwippersnapper said:

Went ahead and reserved one but I hope a 3rd party produces a more Ketchy head with a bigger/wider fire plume around his skull.

I agree. Hasbo reused the head from the original Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider with bike figure, but it doesn't quite match up to the 90s Dan Ketch version of the character with his more robust skull flames.

On 4/30/2024 at 4:33 PM, AndyL said:

EE has adjusted the price back down to $49.99 but unless you're ordering $80 worth of stuff you're going to be paying $18 in shipping. I'm no fan of BBTS. They've screwed up one too many orders of mine but they had the price right from the start and the shipping is $4. Who knew this item would be so popular? Oh that's right. Everyone but the heads of Hasbro.

I waited to order the Heroes for Hire set and Astonishing Wolvie with the Ghost Rider for free shipping. Free shipping is a major obsession of mine, lol! Crazy that he GR sold out so quick. It's almost like we all wanted this specific version, who knew?

But yeah, I'm hoping they adjust the charge at EE, or credit my account. 

MARVEL LEGENDS SERIES MARVEL’S WARBIRD (MARVEL 85TH ANNIVERSARY)
(HASBRO | Ages 4 years & up | Approx. Retail Price: $24.99 | Available: Fall 2024)

After damaging her powers while saving Earth’s sun, Carol Danvers joins a team of Avengers and takes on the codename of Warbird. Celebrate the MARVEL UNIVERSE and 85 years of MARVEL COMICS with this MARVEL LEGENDS SERIES MARVEL’S WARBIRD (85th ANNIVERSARY) figure. For the first time, fans can add Carol Danvers as Marvel’s Warbird to their collection. This quality 6-inch scale figure features deco inspired by the character’s appearance in Marvel’s Avengers comics with her black Warbird-era costume from her time on the Avengers team. The figure features extensive articulation and is highly posable for display and play. Includes figure and 5 comics-inspired accessories including alternate head, hands, and power FX.
With over 80 years of entertainment history, Marvel has become a cornerstone of fan collections around the world. With the Marvel Legends Series, fan favorite Marvel Comic Universe and Marvel Cinematic Universe characters are designed with premium detail and articulation for posing and display in collections.

Available for pre-order 5/9 on or around 9am ET exclusively at Target.

Warbird-01.jpg

Warbird-02.jpg

Warbird-03.jpg

Warbird-04.jpg

Warbird-05.jpg

Warbird-06.jpg

Warbird-07.jpg

Warbird-08.jpg

Warbird-09.jpg

Warbird-10.jpg

Warbird-11.jpg

Warbird-12.jpg

This Carol doesn't skip the calf day for sure, figure looks even better here but speaking of musculature, I'm disappointed with her arms, I expected something closer to Power Princess or the same sculpt modified, as good as figure is her arms look rather simplistic. I might try arm swap mod if skin tones match with Power Princess but it's still a nitpick this one great looking figure too bad I would have to pay over 40 because I'm sure I won't be able to get this figure from target site in time as is the "tradition"

Definitely need this figure. I still have the Toy Biz one for this look. I got Radioactive Man off ebay. Never got that 3 pack. He'll, I only even saw it once in the store. But yeah, this one looks killer.

I love my old Warbird from the Target three pack and I love the body model that got banished then updated and then banished again for reasons I guess. I'm not against ultra articulated female figures. Quite the opposite. But I think they should be used when appropriate. Characters like Elektra, Black Widow, Tigra. But with Carol it was totally unnecessary and excessive IMO. A new release on the updated model just like the Moonstone figure would have sufficed just fine. Consistency is the issue I have with it. If not with articulation at least with size and proportions. I wasn't going to get this one but that face sculpt is just too stinking gorgeous. I hope I hope I hope this head sculpt fits on my older Warbird figure.

On 5/2/2024 at 11:16 AM, AndyL said:

I love my old Warbird from the Target three pack and I love the body model that got banished then updated and then banished again for reasons I guess. I'm not against ultra articulated female figures. Quite the opposite. But I think they should be used when appropriate. Characters like Elektra, Black Widow, Tigra. But with Carol it was totally unnecessary and excessive IMO. A new release on the updated model just like the Moonstone figure would have sufficed just fine. Consistency is the issue I have with it. If not with articulation at least with size and proportions. 

I agree, the Gamora/Moonstone model was just great and maybe needed a tweak here and there. They've made a number of Captain Marvel figures (including Binary) and they've been all over the map with the consistency. Past time to set it right. Far as the ultra articulation, I found the Widow to be underwhelming, just too small for what she's supposed to be. But the articulation is a big step in the right direction. 

I'd really like The Hasbro folks to be more vocal about where these exclusives will land here in Canada, I really want this Carol, I was super sad it was impossible to find that 3 pack she was initially in back when, and Have been anticipating getting another shot at her, and this is gorgeous I really don't want this to be a pain to find.

On 5/5/2024 at 8:26 PM, GarimusPrime said:

Easily the best Danvers figure they've ever put on shelves. Now let her take this costume back in the comics, and I'll be thrilled.

I never cared for the "Warbird" codename they came up with; not only does the costume stay the same as the Cockrum Ms. Marvel, the name itself just doesn't fit the outfit. Regardless, this looks like a good figure. Wonder if they're EVER gonna do Ms. Marvel in her classic outfit. The figure was teased years ago, but still no joy....

mm - Copy.jpg