Hasbro Marvel Legends Series Silver Surfer Reissue Figure Pre-order

toynewman

I skipped this when it was a Walgreens exclusive, but may pick it up now. I need to do a comparison between this and the Surfer that came with the HasLab Galactus to see which I prefer. Honestly may just stick with the HasLab version regardless and save the $25.

Wow what a random re-issue, seems like Hasbro is really going hard with these re-issues as of late, this gives me hope maybe something really desirable is in the cards, like Professor X, Dread Knight, Hela, Purple Man, Radioactive Man or Scourge might get a chance, but doubt most of those since they were in box sets and don't have single issue pack-outs, they likely have no interest in doing new boxes for old figures, however they did do it for the re-issue of Movie DP & Wolvie, I'm all for this here cool to put things back out for newer collectors, I mean they put Kingpin back out and that just made me super stoked.

I don't need this one myself, already have it, but I know a ton of people found this hard to get, I mean I did I couldn't find this at all lucky I got it for a gift.

On 4/23/2024 at 1:29 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Wow what a random re-issue, seems like Hasbro is really going hard with these re-issues as of late, this gives me hope maybe something really desirable is in the cards, like Professor X, Dread Knight, Hela, Purple Man, Radioactive Man or Scourge might get a chance, but doubt most of those since they were in box sets and don't have single issue pack-outs, they likely have no interest in doing new boxes for old figures, however they did do it for the re-issue of Movie DP & Wolvie, I'm all for this here cool to put things back out for newer collectors, I mean they put Kingpin back out and that just made me super stoked.

I don't need this one myself, already have it, but I know a ton of people found this hard to get, I mean I did I couldn't find this at all lucky I got it for a gift.

I never was able to fins this figure so I'm thankful I got an order in.  I believe Professor X is on one of the leak lists posted.  No idea if he'll come with his Hover chair.  I have all of those figures you listed and have been thinking about selling them LOL. Minus Hela, Charles and Scourge.  Just would have to dig them out.  I'm sure Dreadknight could easily get a reissue on an Iron Man Retro card.

On 4/23/2024 at 10:51 AM, Jormungand said:

What I really wish Hasbro would offer is a SS on a correct height body. Let's finally get surfer over to the Vulcan buck guys.

Exactly. This is a much shinier, brighter silver and is the version they should use but the body is just far too small. 

On 4/23/2024 at 10:20 PM, Thwippersnapper said:

@tarot  The point is the character — *not the reissue* — could (should) have gotten an upgrade vs just reissuing the same old one.

well, they didn't upgrade it yet. These are just some stock they had left over and are allowing OTHER stores to sell them. Not to mention, it's sold out in a lot of stores right now so people do want it. 

I agree with @Thwippersnapper. I understand this is only a reissue and thus the exact figure that came out before. But every time we see Silver Surfer released on the wrong model it just pushes the probability that they'll finally do an accurate one on a better body mold back another year or so. If not longer. I predict we will probably see an MCU Shalla-Bal version before we see an accurate comic version. Still years away.

On 4/23/2024 at 3:26 PM, tarot said:

well, they didn't upgrade it yet. These are just some stock they had left over and are allowing OTHER stores to sell them. Not to mention, it's sold out in a lot of stores right now so people do want it. 

I remember it was a real hassle getting it in the first place. I felt extremely lucky when I found mine, QC issues non-withstanding. Never saw it again

Well I can see why people want this; one of the coolest Marvel characters ever, who was once a scarce WG exclusive, back in stock for regular cost? C'mon now.

On 4/23/2024 at 4:51 PM, AndyL said:

I agree with @Thwippersnapper. I understand this is only a reissue and thus the exact figure that came out before. But every time we see Silver Surfer released on the wrong model it just pushes the probability that they'll finally do an accurate one on a better body mold back another year or so. If not longer. I predict we will probably see an MCU Shalla-Bal version before we see an accurate comic version. Still years away.

Yes, exactly!

On 4/23/2024 at 2:05 PM, toynewman said:

I never was able to fins this figure so I'm thankful I got an order in.  I believe Professor X is on one of the leak lists posted.  No idea if he'll come with his Hover chair.  I have all of those figures you listed and have been thinking about selling them LOL. Minus Hela, Charles and Scourge.  Just would have to dig them out.  I'm sure Dreadknight could easily get a reissue on an Iron Man Retro card.

Well if you wanna dig out Dreadknight, Purple Man & Radioactive Man at some point I'd gladly buy them off you.

On 4/23/2024 at 9:31 PM, tarot said:

I have all three but Radioactive Man needs a whole new figure. Stupid old Hyperio mold.

Agreed Radioactive man could really benefit from a brand new figure, but sadly I don't see him getting one anytime soon would be awesome though since I never got him.

On 4/23/2024 at 1:20 PM, Thwippersnapper said:

@tarot  The point is the character — *not the reissue* — could (should) have gotten an upgrade vs just reissuing the same old one.

Agree. But If they're gonna more re-issues they really should look at the Hellfire Club. Yes its somewhat dated but a lot of people missed out and I felt sorry for them that they didn't get a chance. Of COURSE what they REALLY should do is upgrade that one!!

I think the straight re release of an old figure is kinda lame. We are well over due for a deluxe, pinless, larger built Surfer with new actual blast effects (c'mon already with these wrist circles for everything) and a tweaked version of the stand he came with for the Haslab. (Maybe clear with a more moveable/poseable base.)

On 4/24/2024 at 11:33 AM, MeGrimlock78 said:

I feel like the figures being reissued have a point behind them.

Deadpool and Wolverine

Silver Surfer

Even for Transformers, they are purposefully reissuing Optimus Primes for the 40th anniversary.

I wouldn't expect [insert random figure here] to be reissued if there wasn't a reason aside drom people missed him/her.

They do, but at the same time they can be just cash grabs or an attempt to shift old stock before the new stuff comes in. Take the Wolverine and Deadpool legacy figures just released, one one hand they are great ways to get the figures, especially the DP which was hard to get, but at the same time it's pretty much all but confirmed that there will be new Wolverine and DP for the movie.

Same thing with the reissued Optimus's, most make sense especially the Armada version which is very popular. However, the Earthrise reissue is a bit dubious given that there are rumours of a Studio Serries '86 version coming this year. 

I missed out on the initial release. That was the one legend I always regret missing out on.  I compensated with the Obsidian Silver Surfer. But its beauty does not come closer to the original Walgreens one. I saw this when I was selling my remaining figures minus a select few. I called my Gamestop to pre-order 2 of them. I wonder what Hasbro will re-release next.