New Marvel Legends Reveal This Week...Could It Be Deadpool And Wolverine Movie Figures?

JayC

So the way I see it, this could be one of two things from the list. Almost certainly this is the Venom/Carnage deluxe set that was on there, the leaker said it was a 2 or 3 pack but "Venom/Carnage deluxe set" matches pretty well with "Venom: Let There Be Carnage Deluxe figure". Alternatively it could be that generic "MCU deluxe" but I'm betting it's the former. 

Hmmm When I saw this the first thing I thought was now? why now?, this was like years in the waiting, wouldn;t this have better fit being released when the actual movie was? also I hate this movie, what a stinker, I hated what they did with Carnage in this and Woody seemed less then inspired, Carnage being bigger then Venom was so sony, I almost saw this figure and said No...heck no I won't because I hate this Carnage he's so awful, then I took a moment and said...well it's a Carnage you don't have, you need like all symbiotes, you already have a movie Venom...Fine then, I'll be getting this one, like my collection tells me I need to..but ugh I Hate it, I wanted to pass because this movie made me so mad, but no as a collector this is a thing I'm getting, but I hate myself for it.

does look really good though in terms of the character it's depicting in toy form, can't deny that.

On 5/11/2024 at 1:31 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Hmmm When I saw this the first thing I thought was now? why now?, this was like years in the waiting, wouldn;t this have better fit being released when the actual movie was? also I hate this movie, what a stinker, I hated what they did with Carnage in this and Woody seemed less then inspired, Carnage being bigger then Venom was so sony, I almost saw this figure and said No...heck no I won't because I hate this Carnage he's so awful, then I took a moment and said...well it's a Carnage you don't have, you need like all symbiotes, you already have a movie Venom...Fine then, I'll be getting this one, like my collection tells me I need to..but ugh I Hate it, I wanted to pass because this movie made me so mad, but no as a collector this is a thing I'm getting, but I hate myself for it.

does look really good though in terms of the character it's depicting in toy form, can't deny that.

Me too!! I don't want this figure but I have all the other symbiotes as well so gotta get it. Dang we gotta problem I think we're addicted.

I'm not too big on movie figures but I have to see that this Carnage looks great. You can tell some attention went into making this figure look like the Carnage depicted in the movie. While I'm definitely not a huge fan of the Sony movies, I think the Venom movies are at least having some fun. Definitely a pass for me but a well done figure.

On 5/10/2024 at 11:31 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Hmmm When I saw this the first thing I thought was now? why now?, this was like years in the waiting, wouldn;t this have better fit being released when the actual movie was?

Probably because the third movie is slated to release this year. They wanted to capitalize on it with new figures. Hopefully we see Riot too.

On 5/11/2024 at 1:31 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Hmmm When I saw this the first thing I thought was now? why now?, this was like years in the waiting, wouldn;t this have better fit being released when the actual movie was?

Because Sony doesn't share pre-production assets on these live-action movies with Hasbro in the same way Disney does. They said in the past that's why there was such a delay on the original movie Venom toy. 

I'm so pleased. I was kind of hoping they might get to this design, and now that they have, I've got a Marvel release I can be excited about. At this stage of my life, I only bother with cinematic Spider-Man figures and I was always itching to fill that Carnage spot. So I couldn't be happier to see this.

I'm still really hoping they tackle another cinematic Spider-Man wave. Despite my issues with the Hasbro version of Tobey, I'd love to see a black Raimi Spider-Man - maybe even a Raimi revision with the classic mask and a different blue for the suit (and a new Parker head?). Raimi Goblin, NWH Electro, NWH Lizard...a remake of the first Amazing Spider-Man Suit? Plenty of good options to choose from and I can't wait to see if they'll do any of them.

edit - they could also revise their Doc Ock figure to look more like a Raimi version. And I'd give anything to see them take another stab at the Raimi Venom design. I've got the old Sandman BAF Venom, but it could really use an update. And just for the hell of it...a screen-accurate Integrated Suit SM could also be cool.

On 5/11/2024 at 11:05 AM, Ironspider428 said:

Probably because the third movie is slated to release this year. They wanted to capitalize on it with new figures. Hopefully we see Riot too.

Oh , I actually had not paid any attention to the fact the 3rd film was coming out this year, mainly because I feel like it's going to be a bag of poopy, I guess Sony really plans to pick the ball up, Madame Web, Kraven, Venom 3, ugh what a stink show. I'd kinda be into seeing what they could do with a Movie Riot Legend though, could be pretty cool, as much as I also didn't really love that Interpretation of Riot, I'd obviously buy it for my symbiote collection

On 5/11/2024 at 12:02 PM, watanabefan said:

Because Sony doesn't share pre-production assets on these live-action movies with Hasbro in the same way Disney does. They said in the past that's why there was such a delay on the original movie Venom toy. 

Ah that likely tracks, but it still seems so late non the less, when did Venom 2 come out 2020? that's a long time ago, even the movie Venom figure wasn't that far removed from it's films release, since it was what 2018 when the movie came out and the figure was 2020.

On 5/11/2024 at 8:32 AM, GnarlyCharlie85 said:

Me too!! I don't want this figure but I have all the other symbiotes as well so gotta get it. Dang we gotta problem I think we're addicted.

yeah no it's actually a real problem, Symbiotes are my main collection in Legends, I actually need them all, and it's just kinda sad, I've really rarely said no to any that have come out at this point, it's kinda bad, but Symbiotes are my main jam, and I have a hard time passing, and really if I already have Movie Venom I certainly need movie Carnage it would just be nonsensical.

i don't want to want it butttt... it's like I gotta have it, not having it would be like missing a member of Fantastic Four.

On 5/14/2024 at 6:15 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Is this Carnage using the buck from Kro? and other parts? it really seems like it, which if so is pretty genius, and hilarious because that Kro figure was being bought solely for people to make Movie Carnage customs.

I thought so too but no, it's a whole new sculpt.

On 5/14/2024 at 1:18 PM, Ironspider428 said:

No, it's a brand new mold.

On 5/14/2024 at 1:18 PM, tarot said:

I thought so too but no, it's a whole new sculpt.

Ah okay, looked a ton like the Kro figure, and Thought it would have seemed appropriate to use those parts, but guess they thought bigger, I should have worked on this figure I could have saved them some tooling budget LoL.

On 5/14/2024 at 10:46 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Ah okay, looked a ton like the Kro figure, and Thought it would have seemed appropriate to use those parts, but guess they thought bigger, I should have worked on this figure I could have saved them some tooling budget LoL.

I'm really thankful they didn't, this allowed them to give him the diaphragm/ab crunch combo and all the tendrils everywhere. I am curious how this mold stacks up to the Kro mold height-wise though.

On 5/14/2024 at 8:27 PM, Ironspider428 said:

I'm really thankful they didn't, this allowed them to give him the diaphragm/ab crunch combo and all the tendrils everywhere. I am curious how this mold stacks up to the Kro mold height-wise though.

Yeah the Articulation in the torso area does look really well done here, wasn't sure if that was what Kro had as well though, Honestly Have not looked at that Kro figure in a reallly long time, since it's in my very pushed to the outskirts of my collection MCU area which I forget exists most of the time.

Well all in all I'm glad they went with something totally new here, it's a great looking figure, from a really no good movie!

Prepare your collection, Marvel fans, because Carnage is coming. Inspired by Venom: Let There Be Carnage, Marvel Legends Series Carnage is over 8.5 inches tall and features a unique tendril design and 6 accessories, including an alternate head and 3 detachable back tendrils to destroy all who stand in his way, which are perfect for posing this figure on your shelf to showcase his wrath alongside collectible window box packaging featuring movie-inspired package art. Available for pre-order now from our sponsor Entertainment Earth as well as Amazon with a suggested retail price of $39.99.