Hasbro Marvel Legends Series 85th Anniversary Hulkbuster Figure Coming May 22nd!

toynewman

Even if this figure ends up being more articulated it cannot come close to Select's metallic paints, without a doubt there's some great detailing on the legends version but that muted plastic "gold" on the lower torso and knees looks embarrassingly bad, in some ways Hasbro made serious steps forward with articulation, sculpting and face print but then I look at this "gold" torso and it seems as if nothing changed since 2015, because this Hulkbuster is barely better than MCU HulkBuster when it comes to finish and coloring.

Frankly I don't get this fear of missing out thing;  outside of a massive company upheaval or they lose the license, there's no doubt in my mind that hasbo will eventually make the first version HB armor . No need for collectors to buy things they're really not into, in lieu of the version they do want. If you like this one, get it or the superior Select figure. If you wait long enough they'll re-do the Toybiz one. In fact that one could be a decent BAF. 

ArmorMod13HB - Copy.jpg

hb ts - Copy.jpg

Wow theses pictures are so wishy washy for me. Some pictures look great. Mostly the posed ones. And some look just cheesy as I've previously. Some of them the plastic just looks milky and the colors look washed out and some of them pop and give me hope it'll be better than it looks. Of course the prone upright poses make it clear that he's too thin for the armor they are trying to represent but it looks pretty sharp looking when it's posed. Of course I will pose it. The price point is right where I expected it to be which is steep but I really think I'm going to buy. Especially if I can get it at Amazon. Unless they suddenly go dark like the Superior Spidey and Ghost Rider.

On 5/22/2024 at 1:38 PM, AndyL said:

Wow theses pictures are so wishy washy for me. Some pictures look great. Mostly the posed ones. And some look just cheesy as I've previously. Some of them the plastic just looks milky and the colors look washed out and some of them pop and give me hope it'll be better than it looks. Of course the prone upright poses make it clear that he's too thin for the armor they are trying to represent but it looks pretty sharp looking when it's posed. Of course I will pose it. The price point is right where I expected it to be which is steep but I really think I'm going to buy. Especially if I can get it at Amazon. Unless they suddenly go dark like the Superior Spidey and Ghost Rider.

The colors do look rather cheap and "toyish" compared to the paint job on the Select version. I think even the Toybiz one had a better treatment.

On 5/23/2024 at 2:07 AM, Atlantis said:

The colors do look rather cheap and "toyish" compared to the paint job on the Select version. I think even the Toybiz one had a better treatment.

Without a doubt the TB paint job was much better. That's basically my point of comparison. That's been the only HBIM we've had to this point and mine's still on display. So looking a the two other than the size and the articulation this one really isn't that much better. And I think the original was around $10 back in the day.

On 5/20/2024 at 4:48 PM, AndyL said:

Yeah I know it's just small beans at this point and when I looked it up it was exactly this artwork that came up. But there are other pictures showing the more traditional colors. It is just a little too reminiscent of the MCU color scheme for me. Almost a dull maroon rather than the hotrod red and yellow. I just like the brighter pop. And I really hate the way the gold molded plastic looks. But what I find funny is how they always tailor the excuse to the questions on hand. The say "Oh this is a look based on very specific art from a very specific artist on a very specific run" out of one side of their mouth and then on something else they'll just write it off as "Eh I don't know we just kind of looked up random art on Google" out of the other. These guys. Whatever. It still looks good and I'll still probably pre-order it and wait to see what the early reviews say before I decide to keep it or not. When they announced a comic Hulkbuster I just really did have a different picture in mind. And I still maintain that he's too thin. Even more so based on this art.

I mean, yeah, they do use that excuse, but in this case it's pretty obviously based on a specific artist interpretation, so I'm not gonna fault them for having the colors actually look like they're supposed to.

• 2 weeks later...

I am so glad Hasbro made the Hulkbuster bigger than Hulk. Otherwise ivwould be cancelling immediately. That's the one thing I was so worried about. A lot of time Hasbro takes the Marvel Select route and gives no thought to scale or perspective to other characters. A lot of time it's just good enough for them that it is a big figure. I'm still waiting for the say they make a Sasquatch or Abomination to scale as they look with Hulk. That's something I will gladly pay $60 for.

• 4 weeks later...