Hasbro Marvel Legends Amazon Exclsuive 85th Anniversary Doctor Doom & The Cabal Figure Set

toynewman

Shown below via Looper.com is the new Hasbro Marvel Legends Amazon Exclusive 85th Anniversary Doctor Doom & The Cabal Figure Set featuring Doctor Doom, Taskmaster and Iron Patriot which should be available for pre-order May 29th at 1 pm EDT from Amazon. The article lists the set as available now but that is incorrect.

Cabal.001.jpg

Cabal.002.jpg

Cabal.003.jpg

Cabal.004.jpg

Cabal.005.jpg

Cabal.006.jpg

Cabal.007.jpg

Cabal.008.jpg

Cabal.009.jpg

I like the new cape, but don't love that it's just that and a new head. They coulda done a bit more to differentiate it from the other figures. And is the Taskmaster really just the previous figure? I don't see any changes. Is he still on the Bucky Cap mold? C'mon! I was looking forward to this one. Wanted Iron Patriot pretty bad (especially with the Norman head) but not with TWO re releases. 

So much for this being a 4 or 5 pack as rumored. Rumors had indicated that Loki might be part of this.

I love the Doombot head. I have mixed feelings on the cloth cape. In my experience those can get dirty fast and don't tend to hold up well over the years.

I'm not super excited about this 3-pack, as I wish they could have worked in a previously unmade character somehow, but I'll still be getting it for the upgrades to all 3 figures (they all appear pinless?). I just strongly dislike buying repeats all the time, regardless of how much they're upgraded. Although that comic Norman Iron Patriot was definitely due for a re-do.

On 5/28/2024 at 10:19 AM, since83 said:

And is the Taskmaster really just the previous figure? I don't see any changes. Is he still on the Bucky Cap mold?

On 5/28/2024 at 10:21 AM, tarot said:

You don't see the butterfly joints, the pinless arms, the new head?

It's definitely not the Bucky Cap model. After receiving my SHIELD 3-pack and studying it I do believe that body model with the smoother abdomen is the same variation of the Vulcan body that they used for Dum Dum Duggan. That being said I did not expect to get another Taskmaster this soon. Wasn't another character rumored to be in the set. I don't remember but the let down here is that the only really new figure coming out of this set is Iron Patriot. If you don't count the Epic Heroes version. Which I don't. I guess the soft goods hood on Doom and the new body on the Taskmaster are better than the last one but what this set means to me is basically just one new figure.

On 5/28/2024 at 7:19 AM, since83 said:

I like the new cape, but don't love that it's just that and a new head. They coulda done a bit more to differentiate it from the other figures. And is the Taskmaster really just the previous figure? I don't see any changes. Is he still on the Bucky Cap mold? C'mon! I was looking forward to this one. Wanted Iron Patriot pretty bad (especially with the Norman head) but not with TWO re releases. 

Its bout time they started working with some cloth goods. Why they didn't do this with Red Widow, I have no idea (actually I do but its irrelevant now). Overall though, a new cape and head is something to get down the road, not something to justify the 3 pack's price. Legends is likely going to do an even more comic accurate Doom eventually, and I'm sure robot head hasn't seen its last days. I'd wait for better, or at least let this get marked down and pick it up then.  Its not a bad idea for a villainous 3 pack though. 

On 5/28/2024 at 10:21 AM, tarot said:

You don't see the butterfly joints, the pinless arms, the new head?

Haven't gotten a chance to see it anywhere but my phone. When I get home from work and see it on a real screen I'll probably kick myself. But I still don't see the butterflies. At first sight he just looked like the exact same figure to me. If he's an upgrade I'll probably get it since I never got the IP from waaaaay long ago and Taskmaster is one of my faves. 

I like the cloth cape for Doom, and if ever decide to get this set, it will only be for him.  I also like how he comes with a swapping Doombot head, so that even if you already have a Doom or 2(Like myself), you could always use 1 figure as a Doombot.  Don't need the other 2, but they are nice, and I'll be honest, it would of been even nicer if Taskmaster also had the felt cape too.

Though I think I'd more be interested if they gave this Doom with a felt cape a Throne for him to sit on.  Though I suppose, in order for that to work, his tunic(Or at least, the bottom part) would have to be felt too.

I'm torn.  This feels like another Malibu Stacy w/ Hat.  I have all three of these guys---Iron Patriot I kitbashed on my own. I like the idea of a cloth cape on Doom--dood needs to be able to sit on a proper Latverian Throne. Taskmaster is just the head redone right.   This is gonna retail for over $100 Cdn up here........that's an ouch, in today's retail market.  Dang.