Hasbro Marvel Legends Amazon Exclsuive 85th Anniversary Doctor Doom & The Cabal Figure Set

toynewman

I'll definitely be getting this, but have to admit I'm a little disappointed.  When I heard they were doing a multipack with The Cabal, part of my brain was expecting the Hickman Avengers/New Avengers version with Namor, Thanos, Terrax etc. but most importantly Black Swan since they've never made that figure.  I guess it's on me because I've recently been re-reading that run (it's a personal favorite), but I completely forgot the Osborn version existed. 

That's alright though.  At least this gives me another one for my Dark Avengers checklist.

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't remember such pronounced line under eyes when I read comics, It just looks all kinds of wrong to me. Overall sculpt is solid, no complaints but this toyish red plastic color makes figure look outright cheap, maybe it will look better in hands but so far I'm not too tempted, darker more metallic red, like they did on Zombie and Modular Iron man, would really put this figure on whole another level. 

spacer.png

This Doom was real masterpiece back in the day and with cloth cape it will look even more interesting and most importantly will be able to sit down on Marvel Select throne, but cape without wires does seem like missed opportunity, I think if they did include wired cape and the Throne as special deluxe set, it could have sold for 50-60 bucks. 

Taskmaster headsculpt is another win for Hasbro's team, it's legitimate horror-esque looking headsculpt and not some cheap rubber mask on A class fighter.

On 5/28/2024 at 3:49 PM, SpiderS said:

"... Overall sculpt is solid, no complaints but this toyish red plastic color makes figure look outright cheap, maybe it will look better in hands but so far I'm not too tempted, darker more metallic red, like they did on Zombie and Modular Iron man, would really put this figure on whole another level..."

Have to agree, that shot does make it look very "happy meal toy" cheap. Hopefully that's the lighting. The hasbo team really should take notes from some of these other action figure lines, because they know how to use better paints, better metallic looks and it doesn't break the bank. Also the soft goods cape is a step in the right direction but even if they wired it, again as other companies have shown, it shouldn't increase the overall price of the figure.

As someone who criticized the color choices for the Hulkbuster figure and in particular the dullness of the red/maroon I must say this figure went the complete opposite direction. This time the red is a little too bright and is seems a bit juvenile. Like the colors a child would have used to color a picture of Iron Patriot. The red molded plastic looks cheap and this is one time the metallic shine would have been better regardless of the streaks. But it is a new Iron Pat and it looks like Osborne's cobbled together model. And it's head and shoulders above the last one. But what's up with the Osborne head sculpt? I know crazy be crazy but this dude looks like he's part of a sleep deprivation experiment. And does that long horse face even fit in that helmet?

While this is a decent looking set, I don't know if there is enough new here for me to justify the purchase. The Taskmaster is undoubtedly awesome looking and I do appreciate Doom's cloth cape but I'm not a big fan of Iron Patriot nor am I excited about all the reused bucks. I didn't see what the price tag was going to be either but I'm sure it's close if not more than $75. May end up passing on this one.

On 5/29/2024 at 8:01 AM, raziel0203 said:

While this is a decent looking set, I don't know if there is enough new here for me to justify the purchase. The Taskmaster is undoubtedly awesome looking and I do appreciate Doom's cloth cape but I'm not a big fan of Iron Patriot nor am I excited about all the reused bucks. I didn't see what the price tag was going to be either but I'm sure it's close if not more than $75. May end up passing on this one.

I think it's like $74.95....which is a bit much..I know there is new sculpt on the figures but there is also reuse on them also... maybe $60 price tag would of been better...

On 5/29/2024 at 2:11 PM, Typhis said:

I think it's like $74.95....which is a bit much..I know there is new sculpt on the figures but there is also reuse on them also... maybe $60 price tag would of been better...

with figure now being 25 each, this is underpriced. 

On 5/29/2024 at 8:12 AM, tarot said:

with figure now being 25 each, this is underpriced. 

ErrrrUmmm....underpriced? Let's see. Technically standard figures are $24.99 and we multiply that by 3 we get ummm $74.97. So yeah we get a net savings of $.02 before taxes so yes that's correct. Hey thanks Hasbro! Of course there's really no extra accessories that shouldn't be typically to be expected with a figure and there isn't a BAF figure piece or anything like that that requires more plastic. But who needs all that clutter and junk to have to keep up with anyway?

JK, but serious I will be buying this thing anyway. And I'll be basically paying for one new figure, one upgraded figure and one reissue with soft goods which I've never really been a fan of and I find it pointless if most every other figure in your collection utilize plastic capes and cloaks. But dang it I need that Iron Patriot.

Yeah I wonder what this is going to be priced at here in Canada, I'd say it's gonna be 100 bucks, which seems fine for me for 3 figures, I won't be passing on this set, This is the Taskmaster I've wanted, I was foolish enough to pass on the previous classic release years back, and never got a chance at a decent price after, because I already had the Ultimate Taskmaster, what a fool, anyways iron Patriot has been a desired figure for me, constantly thought about buying the really old one many times, but this is obvioulsy the better choice, While I could do without Doom, it's excellent that it comes with the ability to be a Doombot, therefore it's a new character and I want it.

The new Hasbro Marvel Legends Amazon Exclusive 85th Anniversary Doctor Doom & The Cabal Figure Set featuring Doctor Doom, Taskmaster and Iron Patriot is available for pre-order from Amazon with a suggested retail price of $99.99.. The price should only be $74.99 and Dan Yun says they are working to fix it.

Bring the excitement and wonder of the Marvel Universe to your collection with Hasbro Marvel Legends The Cabal figure 3-pack! In celebration of Marvel's 85th anniversary, these collectible Doctor Doom, Taskmaster, and Iron Patriot figures are detailed to look like the characters from Marvel's Siege: The Cabal comic book. 6-inch scale Marvel figures are fully articulated with poseable head, arms, and legs. Marvel action figure set comes with 17 accessories, including fabric cape, alternate heads and alternate hands. Hasbro Marvel action figures' 6 inch scale make them great for posing and displaying in fans' collections. Reimagine Marvel comics-inspired scenes on your shelf with Marvel Legends action figures. Copyright 2024 MARVEL. Hasbro and all related terms are trademarks of Hasbro.

The new Hasbro Marvel Legends Amazon Exclusive 85th Anniversary Doctor Doom & The Cabal Figure Set featuring Doctor Doom, Taskmaster and Iron Patriot is available for pre-order from Amazon with a suggested retail price of $99.99.. The price should only be $74.99 and Dan Yun says they are working to fix it.

Bring the excitement and wonder of the Marvel Universe to your collection with Hasbro Marvel Legends The Cabal figure 3-pack! In celebration of Marvel's 85th anniversary, these collectible Doctor Doom, Taskmaster, and Iron Patriot figures are detailed to look like the characters from Marvel's Siege: The Cabal comic book. 6-inch scale Marvel figures are fully articulated with poseable head, arms, and legs. Marvel action figure set comes with 17 accessories, including fabric cape, alternate heads and alternate hands. Hasbro Marvel action figures' 6 inch scale make them great for posing and displaying in fans' collections. Reimagine Marvel comics-inspired scenes on your shelf with Marvel Legends action figures. Copyright 2024 MARVEL. Hasbro and all related terms are trademarks of Hasbro.

00__scaled_600.jpg

On 5/29/2024 at 6:14 PM, since83 said:

100 is fn ridiculous. Where is the 4th figure? The cloth cape and bow don't equal another 25 bucks! Even when I look at the pictures properly, I can't justify over 30 a figure.

you need to learn to read the other responses. It's a mistake. they are adjusting the price.

This is the third or 4th mispricing issue this year.

On 5/29/2024 at 12:18 PM, tarot said:

you need to learn to read the other responses. It's a mistake. they are adjusting the 

The responses came in when I was typing and rechecking the site. 

Just my opinion, but I would not recommend you buy it at the $100. Yes it will be fixed and likely adjusted or canceled,  but the reason why I suggest you wait is because if they see a ton of people willing to pay $100 for 3 figures that might send a message you dont want to send for future releases.

On 5/29/2024 at 9:25 AM, JayC said:

Just my opinion, but I would not recommend you buy it at the $100. Yes it will be fixed and likely adjusted or canceled,  but the reason why I suggest you wait is because if they see a ton of people willing to pay $100 for 3 figures that might send a message you dont want to send for future releases.

I second that emotion.

"You have your orders, Capt. Hendry. I consider them sane and intelligent."

Wow I thought I was losing my mind a first. 100 bucks but I assumed it was a pricing issue so I ordered it anyway. With Amazon they are actually pretty good at adjusting prices even after you bought at a higher price. I will still be periodically checking just to make sure. But TBH I would not be surprised if this was the actual price. Usually when a company starts to increase prices they throw a test run out there first and see how the public reacts. That's literally what they low ked did with the whole Retro card series. Basically seeing if they could sell figures at the same price with minimal accessories and no BAF piece and throw it on a retro card to make it seem more collectable. And it worked.