Jump to content

Hasbro Marvel Legends Amazon Exclsuive 85th Anniversary Doctor Doom & The Cabal Figure Set


toynewman

Recommended Posts

On 5/29/2024 at 1:14 PM, JayC said:

LOL Fwoosh is dead. Robo was Fwoosh.

ūüėĄ¬†Jay, Marvelousnews.com and toynewsi.com are two sites that I check multiple times per day and are my primary source for toys news, so thank you very much for the great work!¬† The Fwoosh forums are something I still read 2-3 times per week, though. I missed them when they were down. I don't visit their main page often, though - it's usually just their forums. Those sites are really it for me when it comes to action figure / toy collecting these days. I don't visit any others consistently anymore, because I seem to get everything that I need from those.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/29/2024 at 10:08 AM, JayC said:

Hasbro sent Robo the Cabal 3pk early to review so here is your first in-hand look

 

Cabal-01.jpg

Cabal-02.jpg

Cabal-03.jpg

Cabal-04.jpg

Cabal-05.jpg

Cabal-06.jpg

Cabal-07.jpg

Cabal-08.jpg

Cabal-09.jpg

Cabal-10.jpg

Dr. Doom's cloak needs to be a bit wider; even without wiring that would be great. This is a decent first attempt for hasbo to catch up  to others. And I like that they shortened the tunic length and used the more classic clasp and single cord. Likely not picking up this 3-pack but there's no way there won't be more Dr. Doom figures down the road. Taskmaster really came out well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/29/2024 at 2:14 PM, JayC said:

LOL Fwoosh is dead. Robo was Fwoosh.

For sure.

 

Robo's review makes it very clear that Angry Toy Fan (AKA The Hood) really does need an update. I actually would have liked one rather than another Doom. They actually could have done a soft goods cloak for him too. In this case I think it might have actually fit better than the plastic one from the previous figure. It's funny how long it took them to do even one Doctor Doom and now they're churning them out with nearly every anniversary event.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/29/2024 at 11:13 AM, AndyL said:

Robo's review makes it very clear that Angry Toy Fan (AKA The Hood) really does need an update. I actually would have liked one rather than another Doom. They actually could have done a soft goods cloak for him too. In this case I think it might have actually fit better than the plastic one from the previous figure. It's funny how long it took them to do even one Doctor Doom and now they're churning them out with nearly every anniversary event.

LOL and notice how they move, glacier-speed, towards the comic classic look for Doom.

But someone brought up a great point: even with the slight updates here, all these figures have been done at least twice before. Why not do some packs to finish off some of these uncompleted teams? Wasn't too long ago that after Corsair and Ch'od, we all thought Raza and Hepzibah were just 'round the corner. Yondu from the Guardians was done, but what about the others? Did Warriors Three ring a bell? And now that Zabu is here, and making animals is no longer in doubt,  why not finally bring in Lockjaw and the Inhumans? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I believe Dan Yun and Hasbro fully intend to fix the cost situation but exactly how long does it take for someone at Hasbro to get someone at Amazon on the horn and tell them the price is incorrect. I'm not familiar with the workings of a giant corporation like either of these companies but it doesn't seem like it should be all that complicated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/30/2024 at 1:12 AM, LoreKeeper said:

The listing price is updated, but my order summary from earlier is still showing $100. Is that normal?

They will change it eventually. They have to adjust it for each person that ordered it. 

I've check mine and it's adjusted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/29/2024 at 8:12 PM, LoreKeeper said:

The listing price is updated, but my order summary from earlier is still showing $100. Is that normal?

Or you can just cancel the original order and pre-order at the correct price if you dont want to wait for them to adjust it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mine has been adjusted as well. Whew..l

Maybe unpopular opinion but i hate soft goods so this Doom will be my Doombot sans Barbie doll cape. I know soft goods has its fans but this mixing of the two just throws off my sensibilities. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/29/2024 at 9:28 PM, McHogan said:

Maybe unpopular opinion but i hate soft goods so this Doom will be my Doombot sans Barbie doll cape. I know soft goods has its fans but this mixing of the two just throws off my sensibilities. 

No I hear you on that. Not sure if you saw my earlier comment but I'm not high on soft goods either. Firstly it never really sits right on a 6 inch fig and secondly I just don't like having mixed materials in my display. It's an all or nothing deal with me. If 90 percent of my collection is plastic cloaks and jackets I can't stand the thought of the other 10 percent having cloth goods. Maybe it's just me but either they all have cloth coats or none of them do. I guess that's what's called a pet peave.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Doom is great, shorter tunic is indeed better look and  green shade they picked is exactly right for Doom, if I didn't already have previous Doom I would consider that, Taskmaster is serious improvement although I'm still partial to that old metallic mask head from animated Spidey series, as for Iron  Patriot it's now confirmed hot garbage thanks to that toxic looking red plastic... This figure could look so good if it just used same red as Modular Iron Man but they had to go with this... it almost as if they can't help sabotaging themselves on such small but important details. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/29/2024 at 5:19 PM, Atlantis said:

LOL and notice how they move, glacier-speed, towards the comic classic look for Doom.

But someone brought up a great point: even with the slight updates here, all these figures have been done at least twice before. Why not do some packs to finish off some of these uncompleted teams? Wasn't too long ago that after Corsair and Ch'od, we all thought Raza and Hepzibah were just 'round the corner. Yondu from the Guardians was done, but what about the others? Did Warriors Three ring a bell? And now that Zabu is here, and making animals is no longer in doubt,  why not finally bring in Lockjaw and the Inhumans? 

 

Agreed! I'd like to see the Inhumans and original GotG completed before I'm 60, at least! Triton and Starhawk would be pretty easy tools too, but alas...! And the Warriors three...One day? Again, before I'm 60!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/29/2024 at 11:01 PM, AndyL said:

No I hear you on that. Not sure if you saw my earlier comment but I'm not high on soft goods either. Firstly it never really sits right on a 6 inch fig and secondly I just don't like having mixed materials in my display. It's an all or nothing deal with me. If 90 percent of my collection is plastic cloaks and jackets I can't stand the thought of the other 10 percent having cloth goods. Maybe it's just me but either they all have cloth coats or none of them do. I guess that's what's called a pet peave.

Glad to see there are more of our like minds.. i agree with everything you replied with!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE