Hasbro Marvel Legend Series Werewolf by Night's Man-Thing Figure

toynewman

spacer.png

Finally I can have a Man-Thing, Oooh what great joy, After spending years trying to build the BAF and being a leg and arm short, moping about it, trying to get those limbs, but never ever finding them for a reasonable price, I can just get a Man-Thing, Oh and I love that this is clearly the same body for the most part, with some new sculpting that I can likely stick the BAF head on this and make it my ideal Man-Thing, but as much as I'm super happy to finally get my Man-Thing as It's been one of my most wanted things to have, I'm now going to scream silently at my BAF parts that now are useless and the money and trading I spent to get them, all for nothing....hey guess it's a small win.

Now Hasbro...this is a Werewolf by Night figure...where is Jack? you gonna give us this before him?

Yeah, I'll pick this up - but this $40 price tag for just slightly bigger figures isn't exactly a value. I already have the BAF and the ToyBiz version but I'll still get this one anyway. 

Update: Now that I've seen side by side images of both this new MCU one and the comic BAF, I've changed my mind and will be sticking with what I've got. There are things that I like just a little bit better about each, but in the end the comic version is just truer to my mind's eye of the character - which for me is always the comics and not live action.

Image borrowed from Beamish on Fwoosh, which he found on Facebook.

image.thumb.jpeg.1f0e2c1c66eae690630335031fe24317.jpeg

Ok. For once I'm looking at my computer, not phone, and have the baf in hand. There is more new than people are giving it credit for. The shoulders and forearms are different for sure, not just paint. There is less hair hanging off the forearms and ankles. The upper torso looks new as well. The open hands look different too. Definitely getting this one.

But seriously!?!?!? No WBN figure!!! This was way late and a really missed opportunity for a three pack

On 6/10/2024 at 4:15 PM, tarot said:

I have seen a few people say that WBN would make for a great addition to the next D+ wave. i could see it to release in line with DD Born again.

Assuming we get another D+ wave, of course. Those didn't exactly sell well, I don't think. The Watcher, Infinity Ultron and Hydra Stomper waves all hit deep clearance where I live. I was able to pick up multiples of almost all of them at retail for $7 per figure for custom/kitbash fodder. I know that they got even lower than that at some places.

I won't be surprised if we never see another full wave of those.... of course, now that I said that they'll announce a wave of them later this month...

On 6/10/2024 at 10:53 PM, Reno said:

Assuming we get another D+ wave, of course. Those didn't exactly sell well, I don't think. The Watcher, Infinity Ultron and Hydra Stomper waves all hit deep clearance where I live. I was able to pick up multiples of almost all of them at retail for $7 per figure for custom/kitbash fodder. I know that they got even lower than that at some places.

I won't be surprised if we never see another full wave of those.... of course, now that I said that they'll announce a wave of them later this month...

D+ waves are being forced on Hasbro by Marvel themselves. it's the same reason that no matter what, we will always get a wave for MCU movies.

Man-Thing was a character i didn't care about at all when i was fully collecting comics and gladly passed on the Toybiz version. 

But something about the Netflix wave BAF just spoke to me. Im definitely grabbing this new one, looks to be a fantastic update.

But ill echo what others have said, we get a supporting character before the headliner?!? Interesting.. 

Though i am taking this figures existence as proof that Jack WBN is on the way

Much thanks to @Reno for posting that side by side pic. It really illustrates how clunky the newer one looks compared to the BAF. Right down to the ridiculous huge gaps in the shoulders and ab cunch and that silly looking Snuffleupagus head sculpt. my initial thought was to pass and now I'm certain about it. Which is great because I need a break from that pre-order button.

On 6/10/2024 at 2:51 PM, Reno said:

Yeah, I'll pick this up - but this $40 price tag for just slightly bigger figures isn't exactly a value. I already have the BAF and the ToyBiz version but I'll still get this one anyway. 

Update: Now that I've seen side by side images of both this new MCU one and the comic BAF, I've changed my mind and will be sticking with what I've got. There are things that I like just a little bit better about each, but in the end the comic version is just truer to my mind's eye of the character - which for me is always the comics and not live action.

Image borrowed from Beamish on Fwoosh, which he found on Facebook.

image.thumb.jpeg.1f0e2c1c66eae690630335031fe24317.jpeg

I kinda hate this because I was really amped for this one since I don’t own the baf, but the side-by-side just makes me want the baf instead. I kinda like the random mushrooms and junk sticking out of the MCU version as it is similar to the branches and stuff on the toybiz one I have, but overall the baf just looks beefier and better. I suppose I can make a final judgement on the MCU one if it ends up on store shelves.

On 6/10/2024 at 11:14 PM, frozentenderloin said:

I kinda hate this because I was really amped for this one since I don’t own the baf, but the side-by-side just makes me want the baf instead.

Yup me too, At first I was so excited about this when I saw the initial pictures, and that's because I want a Man-Thing so bad, I've been trying to finish the BAF for years actual years and no luck, so seeing this just got me!, but then I see the side by side and I think of how much I want to complete this BAF, ah well...I still will buy this, I really really want to put the BAF head on this one and hopfully that will work.