Hasbro Marvel Legends Fanstream Coming June 17!

toynewman

Really liked Dracula, brother voodoo, and moon Knight. The Phoenix was great, and odin looked awesome. I thought for sure they would do it updated werewolf by night!

That rogue was really awful looking, IMO, destiny was pretty cool

as BAF’s go, blackheart looks pretty cool!

• Odin - Looks really impressive, can't honestly say it's a must get for me though
  • Sony Venom - Hopefully it will be easier to find that he last one
  • Warlord Prof X-  Not super excited for this one. Still it is strange looking.
  • Rogue and Destiny -  Rogue looks awful with that long neck. Destiny does look very good. Mystique would have been better
  • Phoenix - Looks really good. Though that stand is going to jack up the price big time
  • Strange tales wave - Interesting wave and definitely unexpected 
    • Brother Voodoo - Looks really good
    • Dracula -  Oh Red Armour Dracula. This is looking like a must get
    • Hellverine -  Thankfully no BAF, so I can skip this
    • Bloodstorm -  Interesting, not massively interested.
    • Daimon Hellstrom -  A "forbidden" character, looks nice but not essential for me
    • Lilith - Cool, it's a maybe.
    • WCA Moon Knight - Looks really good. Maybe.
    • Blackheart -  I have the ToyBiz one, so I'm not in a massive rush for this one

Another Moon Knight on that exhausting Sunfire model? Please make it stop. Throw that thing in a dumpster and then set said dumpster on fire already.

I'm happy to not have to deal with the headache of having to chase down that Xavier WM exclusive. I always thought it looked kind of goofy anway. I would go for a Lilandra though.

Have to have Destiny/Rogue. I've always loved that outfit. Now we just need her JR,jr era look that they did with the old MU figures. And of course her Savage Land look. So glad it wasn't another Mystique. But I do hope we get another one without the spaghetti legs eventually. And wow. Destiny is pretty ripped for an older lady.

Not too impressed with Jean though. The ultra articulated model is totally unecessary for this character IMO and basically the easy way to sell a figure as a premium. And those face sculpts are a step down from the last Phoenix. I'm going to have to pass.

That is a much improved Brother Voodoo but nothing from the wave is anything I need. Except the flippin' BAF. Well played Hasbro. You got me on the hook for another $200. Though I will probably opt out on that Wolverine.

That Odin looks better many times over than the old BAF but man it's way to huge. I don't recall that they've ever portrayed him to e like 2 feet taller than Thor. At least not consistently. Strange but beautiful. I don't hate it I just think it was another huge blunder by Hasbro's research team.

Now I've never seen either Venom movie more than once but I don't remember any scene where he had multiple heads. I could be wrong. Be really who cares?

Overall it was an okay stream. Nothing too mind blowing but not that bad.

On 6/17/2024 at 8:02 AM, leokearon said:

Not sure how they plan to make this Kinga special given the last Comic Kang was really good

Hopefully they'll make the helmet a tad bigger, rounder and increase his height. Kang is about 6'3" and while the comic figure they did was bigger than the absurd Ares wave one, its not as tall as it should be.  Double jointed elbows would be an improvement too. I can't imagine they'd do a soft goods for his tunic because the plastic one works well, but that would be amazing if they did.

kang - Copy.jpg

On 6/17/2024 at 10:59 AM, tarot said:

gun belongs to Kang

marvel-legends-tease-who-do-you-think-this-gun-belongs-to-v0-27h0nyrhl57d1.webp

Man that was quick. You are on it.

On 6/17/2024 at 11:19 AM, tarot said:

maybe it's for Kang, Iron Lad, Immortus, Rama Tut etc etc. 

That's exactly what I thought. Iron Lad would be my preference but did he carry it in that persona?

Argh, the Strange Tales wave just about gave me a stroke, lol! DRACULA...FINALLY! Lilith and Blackheart! Hellstorm!! Even Hellverine looks fun! And "Fist of Khonshu" Moon Knight!! But alas... That Sunfire buck is absolutely WRONG for MK as he was depicted much bulkier in that era, it really needs to be on the Vulcan buck! Also he had unique leg-guards, and the crescent darts were actually gold scarab-darts at this point,  but kudos for including the Ankh-club! Now give us Scarecrow, Blackout, Madcap... lol!

On 6/17/2024 at 8:28 AM, Hogun said:

"Was Hasbro so desperate for more Wolverines that they included the recent Hellverine?"

Right! Just overkill on that. But I thought how odd they pushed that, but then mentioned their "wall of Asgardians", and still failed to note that they have yet to do either of the Warriors Three. 

On 6/17/2024 at 12:44 PM, kolobosrexx said:

Argh, the Strange Tales wave just about gave me a stroke, lol! DRACULA...FINALLY! Lilith and Blackheart! Hellstorm!! Even Hellverine looks fun! And "Fist of Khonshu" Moon Knight!! But alas... That Sunfire buck is absolutely WRONG for MK as he was depicted much bulkier in that era, it really needs to be on the Vulcan buck! Also he had unique leg-guards, and the crescent darts were actually gold scarab-darts at this point,  but kudos for including the Ankh-club! Now give us Scarecrow, Blackout, Madcap... lol!

Came here to say exactly the same thing about Moon Knight.  Still thrilled to get the gold pieces and an all white body to customize. 

WOW! As I said, I was just hoping for the Odin reveal and anything else would be gravy. Well, the gravy was overflowing this time! Odin is amazing! Just like I always hoped he would be portrayed, in the Big John Buscema style of grandeur. I do believe this is actually based how Walt Simonson drew him during his famous run, but he clearly drew upon Buscema's interpretation as well. As for the height, the scale monger in me feels he should have been made around the same height as the comic Infinity Gauntlet Thanos deluxe figure. Odin is 6'9" and Thanos is 6'7" in the comics. While the deluxe Thanos figure is more than an inch taller than the classic anniversary Thor from a few years back, it still works. Odin however will tower over both of them. Oh well, the design and execution are top notch, so begone scale monger! lol!

As for the rest, I am almost stunned by how much we got revealed. Warlord Professor X looks cool.  Destiny with FA Rogue from the old Avenger Annual #10 brings back memories. I think many are with me in being a little disappointed we aren't getting a new buck Mystique, but it is gratifying to finally get Destiny and complete my classic Uncanny X-men Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. Phoenix Jean in green is a must have for me. The old one was on those toothpick legs. Add the Phoenix display behind her and bam! It's knocked out of the park. Strange Tales Wave? Nothing like I was guessing or expecting, but welcome none the less. New Voodoo? Okay. Dracula? Never made character figures are always welcome on my shelves. Hellverine? Well, did we really expect a baf wave without an obligatory Wolverine figure? Come now folks, we have been at this game far too long for this to be surprising, lol. He actually looks pretty cool and I may just have to keep him for my mystic/netherworlds ML display. Son of Satan? Finally! Yet another classic Defender for my shelf! Very happy about this one and love his trident. Would I prefer the classic SOS costume, always, but just getting the figure is in the win column to me. Lilith? Really, Lilith? This whole wave gives me hope for the future of demons, devils and dark dimension figures overall. She will be a keeper as well. WC Avengers Moon Knight? I like this look and he will be added to the team of course. But again, Hasbro, right idea, wrong buck. Let's get it right next time on the new Vulcan buck please. Blackheart? Well, this just caps off a surprisingly stunning wave in my opinion. Keep 'em coming Hasbro!

Wow  look at that new packaging. Wider and deeper, looks like more plastic. Which is weird because just under two years ago  they were all about  "doing our bit for the environment by having all our products being Plastic Free" (except they left out the retro line, but who's really counting that lol). 

-Odin looks good but he is WAY too big. The soft goods cape is a nice touch; they should've done faux fur too.

-Professor X threw me; I was thinking he'd be the in his hover chair in that "field combat" outfit (khaki jumpsuit, boots, black t-shirt and gloves). 

-I know fans are gonna be stoked to finally get Rogue and Destiny; why Rogue needed to have such a long neck and NO torso articulation makes no sense. They nailed Destiny's mask! Nice.

-Phoenix....again her boots should at least have a seam/lip instead of just painting them on. Wish they'd use another kind of paint to really accent the "gold" on her gloves and boots.

-Brother Voodoo, again, his 70s look would have been better as they've already done this one; he doesn't have that many costumes so why not go first appearance. Doctor Brother. LOL.

-I'm a HUGE fan of the Tomb of Dracula and have often said, Marvel should make that a movie or limited series; keep him in the 70s era and when at all possible replicate Gene Colan's look for him. Having said that, I don't care for this albino, pony tailed, armored thing (what is that, some reference to the Coppola movie?), BUT the figure looks accurate to that version! Very well done. No I'm not gonna buy it but I respect the work here. 

-Hellverine. LOL Seriously.....

-Cool face sculpt on Storm (Blood Storm). 

-Hellstrom. Nah. Or should I say, hell to the no?  Oh they're so slick aren't they. No shoes, no shirt, no service. No sale. 

-Lilith, whack design by Kubert (?) but again, looks fairly accurate to the comic. I would have gone with Satana and her red outfit with the ram's horns.

-Moon Knight, come on!! So LAZY not to put him on a larger buck. They cheaped out on his boot shin guards too. At least they colored them gold though.

-Blackheart, good for those that never got him.

Okay, so all THIS and they came out with Wall of Skulls? Wow, and I thought I was reaching. 

I'm in total disbelief right now. I've had Blackheart and Venom with head tendrils on my custom to-do-list for quite some time. And I realize others may not care one bit about the Venom reissue/revision, but I seriously love seeing it. Feel like it could have used a wide mouth "eating" head, but the lack of one won't stop me from getting it.

I'm also very impressed by that new Phoenix.

here's my take on all this, and wow some amazing things here.....like eye popping Whaaaaa, looove.

gonna just use Tarot's lil template

• Odin - This is a really amazing figure, a must have!
  • Sony Venom - Is this not the same figure we already have? but with some extra stuff, easy pass
  • Warlord Prof X-  Not the Xavier I would have wanted, but I think it's a thing I will be getting, it looks pretty awesome
  • Rogue and Destiny - This is really all about Destiny here, but love that rogue, so easy yes
  • Phoeinx - That's just gorgeous! what an wonderful update.
  • Strange tales wave - Awesome wave. Love this out of place waves < saying the same
    • Brother Voodoo - Like that he is getting an update but Yeah would have prefer a more classic look. Although with this we now get a Eye of Agomotto accessory (just gonna echo Tarot here), don't really care about this but BAF part and it does look so much better then the one I got.
    • Dracula - YES!!!! I have been wanting this version for a while < Same! love this so much.
    • Hellverine - I know it's stupid but I love it. Wolverine and Ghost Rider combined <same , Love it
    • Bloodstorm - Love this Love this, I mean we almost already have this figure before, but I'll take it again, but better and with a BAF part.
    • Daimon Hellstrom - HAh! they caved....Totally super happy to finally get a Hellstorm
    • Lilith - never in my lifetime did I think we would get Lilith. My favourite of the line after Blackheart < SAME, OMG i couldn't even have dreamed we'd get her, like Hasbroooo ❤️
    • WCA Moon Knight - every Moon Knight, and any Moon Knight I need.
    • Blackheart - About time. the old Toybiz one is showing it's age and that freakin' tail, < OMG swooning over a Blackheart BAF, this is a beauty, and can replace old Toybiz one that cannot stand up.

On 6/17/2024 at 12:28 PM, AndyL said:

Another Moon Knight on that exhausting Sunfire model? Please make it stop. Throw that thing in a dumpster and then set said dumpster on fire already.

I'm happy to not have to deal with the headache of having to chase down that Xavier WM exclusive. I always thought it looked kind of goofy anway. I would go for a Lilandra though.

Have to have Destiny/Rogue. I've always loved that outfit. Now we just need her JR,jr era look that they did with the old MU figures. And of course her Savage Land look. So glad it wasn't another Mystique. But I do hope we get another one without the spaghetti legs eventually. And wow. Destiny is pretty ripped for an older lady.

Not too impressed with Jean though. The ultra articulated model is totally unecessary for this character IMO and basically the easy way to sell a figure as a premium. And those face sculpts are a step down from the last Phoenix. I'm going to have to pass.

That is a much improved Brother Voodoo but nothing from the wave is anything I need. Except the flippin' BAF. Well played Hasbro. You got me on the hook for another $200. Though I will probably opt out on that Wolverine.

That Odin looks better many times over than the old BAF but man it's way to huge. I don't recall that they've ever portrayed him to e like 2 feet taller than Thor. At least not consistently. Strange but beautiful. I don't hate it I just think it was another huge blunder by Hasbro's research team.

Now I've never seen either Venom movie more than once but I don't remember any scene where he had multiple heads. I could be wrong. Be really who cares?

Overall it was an okay stream. Nothing too mind blowing but not that bad.

Thought the same thing about Odin. Maybe...maybe at the height of his Odinpower he got bigger but it seems like it was just his power that increased, not his size. Honestly,  his being that big is a knock againt him

WCA Moon Knight! Just a fantastic surprise. I had resigned myself to just having to use the all white version in my West Coast Avengers display,   figuring this golden accessory version would never get made. Hasbro once again proving no suit or version is too obscure!

Speaking of things thought never to be released where kids would see them: Hellstorm with a pentagram! So a symbol of the devil is ok but Moondragon's skimpy suit is too much? Look, im realy not complaining, just seems absurd on what is deemed to be crossing the line.

Dont care for Lilith, Storm or Voodoo (why this guy again? Ill have to check but on first ocular patdown he doesnt look any different than previous) but Dracula is kinda cool. Reeeeeeally feeling like a Werewolf by Night, comic or MCU, is right around the corner. But dang, between Man-Thing and Francis Ford Coppila's Drac, they are taking the long road to get to him! 

Hellverine is dumb but looks fun. This is the kind of figure ill swear off but buy the first time i see him

Blackheart is blah. 

Got to get this Rogue since its Secret Wars accurate. 

No opinion on Prof X.. is he Stryfe? Jean is ok, the Phoenix accessory is the selling point. Movie Venom is more  blah than  blackheart.

Odin,... i feel like his height is going to kill my joy for him. Even IF his height is comic accurate,  it doesnt feel right... i honestly cant recall a story line where Odin towered over Thor. 

Overall, Hasbro continues to kill it. Im kinda digging how theyve gotten away from Avengers/Spider-Man/XMen specific waves and giving us mash up waves again. 

On 6/17/2024 at 11:59 AM, tarot said:

gun belongs to Kang

marvel-legends-tease-who-do-you-think-this-gun-belongs-to-v0-27h0nyrhl57d1.webp

Gun belongs to Kang, yeah, Why do we need a new Kang? we just got one and it's great, Too much Re-Doing here lately Hasbro, Love to see some new characters but a lot of Re-do's are getting boring, when there are so many characters we need.