Amazon Exclusive Marvel Legends Rogue and Destiny 2-Pack Pre-Order This Coming Week

JayC

On 7/9/2024 at 12:50 PM, RobertD said:

Honestly since they've been doing re-releases on previous exclusives, I suspect they're going to get around to doing the Walgreens one at some point.  Whether they upgrade it or not is questionable to say the least. 

I agree they will …..I have the exclusive one and it’s good for what it is when it came out but when they do her I hope it bw body mold as she is meant to be flexible as heck 

On 7/9/2024 at 5:52 PM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

a94d2c95c3e6e4e4223fcd93c68cefb9.thumb.jpg.357cdc2a33140b992bd8065191ed923d.jpgNot sure why Destiny has the ridge on her helmet as it was just rounded when she first appeared.

Because Hasbro's research team is a sad joke. How many times have we sat there an cringed as they tell us with a straight face that the reason a figure looks like this or the reason a certain detail was missed is because they used Google to look up what the character looks like? SMH.

On 7/9/2024 at 11:28 PM, tarot said:

Damn that's alot of empty space. I'm not one of those that need alot of accessories about an alternate for rogue would have been nice.

Yeah, as I feared bare bones. Destiny has no Crossbow or alt heads and Rogue doesn't even have any gloveless hands. A wasted opportunity. 

On 7/9/2024 at 8:03 PM, AndyL said:

Because Hasbro's research team is a sad joke. How many times have we sat there an cringed as they tell us with a straight face that the reason a figure looks like this or the reason a certain detail was missed is because they used Google to look up what the character looks like? SMH.

SERIOUSLY. They have the best superhero line-up to pick from, with a rich 80 yr history, and all they have to do is pick up the comic books or even just use the Marvel style guide itself. From their own site it says "our live inventory of UI components, design patterns, brand assets and code guidelines which the whole Marvel team work from, keeping all of our products cohesive". No need for guesswork, its all been laid for them already. But ineptitude, laziness and ego step in which is how you wind up with the likes of Luke Cage armpit and their general problem of getting heights wrong.

On 7/10/2024 at 12:54 AM, Atlantis said:

SERIOUSLY. They have the best superhero line-up to pick from, with a rich 80 yr history, and all they have to do is pick up the comic books or even just use the Marvel style guide itself. From their own site it says "our live inventory of UI components, design patterns, brand assets and code guidelines which the whole Marvel team work from, keeping all of our products cohesive". No need for guesswork, its all been laid for them already. But ineptitude, laziness and ego step in which is how you wind up with the likes of Luke Cage armpit and their general problem of getting heights wrong.

I was gonna say "I'm not sure whatever reference material Marvel provides to merchandisers is gonna be very in-depth for comics stuff", but then I checked and: the "Marvel style guide" you're quoting the intro page for is for an application and user interface design program that just happens to be called Marvel, unrelated to the comics company.  Did the fact the "Marvel" logo in the upper left hand corner looked nothing at all like any logo used by Marvel Comics at any point in history not set you off???

On 7/10/2024 at 2:54 AM, Atlantis said:

On 7/10/2024 at 3:30 AM, Jeddostotle7 said:

I was gonna say "I'm not sure whatever reference material Marvel provides to merchandisers is gonna be very in-depth for comics stuff", but then I checked and: the "Marvel style guide" you're quoting the intro page for is for an application and user interface design program that just happens to be called Marvel, unrelated to the comics company.  Did the fact the "Marvel" logo in the upper left hand corner looked nothing at all like any logo used by Marvel Comics at any point in history not set you off???

I know I eluded to Hasbro's research team but Marvel does have a team for this as well. That's the kind of stuff that falls under the arm of Jesse Falcon and his merchandising and development teams. Hasbro is the production. They are supposed to be comfortable in the assumption that what the Marvel Team provides them with is the proper information to make an accurate product. Now I'm no fan of Hasbro and I think I've made that known but I know the immediate reaction to give Hasbro the business for all of these mistakes is not always fair. Sure for stuff like armpit gap and using silly reverse ball waist joints with no ab crunch and giant heads and the constant use and reuse of terrible molds like the Sunfire and Kate molds but as far as character design and deco and detail that should fall to Marvel. Seriously they have an entire team with a team lead that used to show up to ML stuff. I do feel bad for the 3 man brand team who they always put out their to take the hits. They do their best to never throw anyone under the buss or never point a finger in any particular direction but they are just playing middle man. The Marvel Merchandise and Development has to approve everything Hasbro does as to not have them damage their brand. Somewhere along the line it's the responsibility for both Marvel and Hasbro to have representatives from both parties to look and say "No that Sunfire model does not work for the 6'4 Silver Surfer or even the 6'2 Yondu. What say we invest a little time and money to make a larger model with butterfly joints so we can get our heights more accurate which could probably be used and reused in the future for other larger figures". Or "Hey the previous characters of Carol Danvers have been done on the Moonstone model so maybe since this binary character is basically the same person it should be done on the same model if just for consistency's sake. And maybe make that head sculpt just a tad bit larger". How about "Hey since we touted this new Vulcan body model as THE DIRECT REPLACEMENT of the Bucky Cap model how about the next time we redo some characters previously done on said older model we go ahead and just do them on the newer model". Or one of the worst "Hey this Omega Sentinel character traditionally has a much darker complexion than the one on this design. How about we get you some better reference so you can make it more accurate to the comic before we put it out there for mass consumption". The truth is the responsibility falls on both sides

I used to be an active member here years ago and started collecting ML at the very beginning of the Toybiz days. Sets like this are what finally made me quit this year. The $25 pricetag for single figures is bad enough but I've always bought crap I didn't want to finish a desirable BAF. But Hasbro's insistence on moving to the model of releasing countless 2-packs with one desirable figure and one throw away for $50 is the final straw.

On 7/10/2024 at 12:35 PM, nagauthier said:

I used to be an active member here years ago and started collecting ML at the very beginning of the Toybiz days. Sets like this are what finally made me quit this year. The $25 pricetag for single figures is bad enough but I've always bought crap I didn't want to finish a desirable BAF. But Hasbro's insistence on moving to the model of releasing countless 2-packs with one desirable figure and one throw away for $50 is the final straw.

I definitely get the frustration with the price here, especially with how bare-bones the set is for accessories, but I don't get how either figure here could be considered a throwaway.  Both are not only quite important generally, but also relevant to each other.

On 7/10/2024 at 11:35 AM, nagauthier said:

It is another baffling choice for a 2 pack, isn't it? Not only did they not pair up with an upgraded (overdue) Mystique- the character Destiny is MOST associated with- the Rogue that they're using doesn't appear to have any kind of ab crunch or diaphragm articulation. As others have noted, this is a very weak and empty offering.  They're banking on people tossing Rogue to get Destiny (essentially paying $50.00 for one figure). So I'm with you, not paying for lackluster products. Destiny is almost sure to appear sometime later, maybe even with a softgoods cape. If not, c'est la vie. 

Sorry, I could have said that better. I meant a new character that's never been made at all being paired with one that we've had several versions of. The Rogue isn't a bad look in general, but we've had what, 5-6 Rogues over the years? I just don't feel compelled to pony up for a character I've got multiple versions of just for a new costume. Especially as the price of admission for a character who has never been done. Like Sersi with Black Knight, Lilandra with Brood Logan, Moonstone with classic Drax, etc.

On 7/10/2024 at 1:53 PM, nagauthier said:

Sorry, I could have said that better. I meant a new character that's never been made at all being paired with one that we've had several versions of. The Rogue isn't a bad look in general, but we've had what, 5-6 Rogues over the years? I just don't feel compelled to pony up for a character I've got multiple versions of just for a new costume. Especially as the price of admission for a character who has never been done. Like Sersi with Black Knight, Lilandra with Brood Logan, Moonstone with classic Drax, etc.

It's the "hook-sell" and Hasbro (heck, the whole toy industry) LOVES doing it...........because it works. It's classic FOMO working against all of us, and then they make a following "revised" version to "update" it and we buy that one. And they double the FOMO with the suspect lingering/hanging idea over our heads that, if we don't buy THIS ONE, they will see it as a failure and never make another one again.  Perfect captive consumer-psychology ploy;

And frankly it stinks.

You know how you beat it? 
Let them know SPECIFICALLY what you want, what you do not want, and do it loud, and lots, and often.  These are all crapshoots--shots in the dark for Hasbro--measured with what they think are sure-fire sellers ( Rogue), so we have to be clear on the specific version we want.   And tell them you don't want ANY OTHER VERSION BUT THE SPECIFIC ONE.
Alas, Hasbro also knows that the fan-base forming a consensus albeit even a majority is laughable, because everyone comes at this from different directions. FOMO wears us all down; FOMO is bad.

Hi everyone! New member here. I feel the same way about this release. I for one hate 2-packs, mainly because it's always a new character with a previously released or inappropriate second character. So to get the character I want, I have to pay $50 and hope I can sell the unwanted figure on Ebay. 

I've had a lot of issues with Hasbro (and I regularly call Hasbro about them, though they obviously don't care). Beyond the frequent quality control issues and just straight-up screw ups (Bullseye having no gun in the 3-pack, Whiplash not being able to hold the whip in one hand, paint issues, and the constant use of that hideous faux gold paint in place of accurate comic book yellow, like on the Richard Rider Nova, Firelord's hands not being able to tightly hold the heavy staff, etc), the two-pack issue is second only to the BAF issue. I hate BAFs too because I should not have to buy 7 figures (4 or 5 for which I have no use) in order to get a character I love (Xemnu for example).

It seems Hasbro is taking more and more shortcuts - lack of accessories, etc. 

I also called them because I was furious that the "Strange Tales" wave had no Strange Tales figures in it (Brother Voodoo doesn't count because he never appeared in that hideous costume). That's like announcing an Avengers wave with no Avengers characters in it! 

I think Odin looks absolutely fantastic and I was excited about him until I saw the $60 price tag. Really? $60? It feels like the line is really becoming uncollectable. 

I am going to have a tough time justifying this one. It's just as many of us were fearing. That Rogue certainly seems to be another ball joint waist nightmare. But unlike the Jean and Wasp figure she doesn't seem to be insanely small. Must be a new mold. That's great Hasbro. That's a smart way to use resources. Keep building bigger and better terribly designed molds. But I could seriously do without that Rogue. It'll probably just end up in a storage bin anyway. In all honesty the Jim Lee Rogue on the Moonstone model is the peak Rogue figure. It'll take a lot to unseat that one. Of course the big draw is the Destiny figure. But I think I'm going to have to pass on this one and cross my fingers that she will eventually get released as a single. Possibly in a Retro wave with a brighter color pallette and the more rounded head piece. I'm going to take my chances here. Especially if they're planning to charge the typical $25 per figure for such a bare bones set. That's a Collector's Class set to be sure.

On 7/11/2024 at 1:28 PM, AndyL said:

I am going to have a tough time justifying this one. It's just as many of us were fearing. That Rogue certainly seems to be another ball joint waist nightmare. But unlike the Jean and Wasp figure she doesn't seem to be insanely small. Must be a new mold. That's great Hasbro. That's a smart way to use resources. Keep building bigger and better terribly designed molds. But I could seriously do without that Rogue. It'll probably just end up in a storage bin anyway. In all honesty the Jim Lee Rogue on the Moonstone model is the peak Rogue figure. It'll take a lot to unseat that one. Of course the big draw is the Destiny figure. But I think I'm going to have to pass on this one and cross my fingers that she will eventually get released as a single. Possibly in a Retro wave with a brighter color pallette and the more rounded head piece. I'm going to take my chances here. Especially if they're planning to charge the typical $25 per figure for such a bare bones set. That's a Collector's Class set to be sure.

Yeah, I'm only interested in Destiny and even then I'm disappointed. I'll wait for the inevitable better version 

It's one of my biggest criticisms of Hasbro is how they keep re-releasing the same few  characters in endless variations. How many different Spiderman variants have they released in just the past few years? About a dozen. Same for Iron Man. And Wolverine. And while they keep churning out the same characters over and over and over again, they're not producing other vital characters that have never been released. 

Where are Mantis and the Swordsman to complete the Avengers? Where are Triton, Gorgon, Crystal, Maximus and an updated Blackbolt to finish off the Inhumans? Ikrais looked awesome (well...after I repainted that damned hideous faux gold paint with proper yellow), but are we ever going to see the release of any other classic Eternals. If not, what was the point?

And look at Arnim Zola. They released him 3 times, 2 of those times in 2-packs. So if you wanted a vital character like Baron Zemo, you gotta buy him a 2nd time. A third time, if you got both of the earlier releases. Hasbro needs to stop this nonsense. 

On 7/11/2024 at 5:51 PM, Xorr-the-God-Jewel said:

It's one of my biggest criticisms of Hasbro is how they keep re-releasing the same few  characters in endless variations. How many different Spiderman variants have they released in just the past few years? About a dozen. Same for Iron Man. And Wolverine. And while they keep churning out the same characters over and over and over again, they're not producing other vital characters that have never been released. 

Where are Mantis and the Swordsman to complete the Avengers? Where are Triton, Gorgon, Crystal, Maximus and an updated Blackbolt to finish off the Inhumans? Ikrais looked awesome (well...after I repainted that damned hideous faux gold paint with proper yellow), but are we ever going to see the release of any other classic Eternals. If not, what was the point?

And look at Arnim Zola. They released him 3 times, 2 of those times in 2-packs. So if you wanted a vital character like Baron Zemo, you gotta buy him a 2nd time. A third time, if you got both of the earlier releases. Hasbro needs to stop this nonsense. 

Unfortunately they are the A-Listers which Hasbro know will sell. Also, many of them have a lot of costume variants so at least the figures can be different, and some variants still haven't been done yet (Where are the Slingers?). It is the same in all toylines. Still, Hasbro choices can be baffling, like less known teammates over more established ones. Of course it also makes the Deep-Cuts and more unique figures more rewarding.

The new Amazon Exclusive Marvel Legends Rogue and Destiny 2-Pack is now available for pre-order with a suggested retail price of $49.99.

Bring the excitement and wonder of the Marvel Universe to your collection with Hasbro Marvel Legends Marvel's Rogue and Destiny! These collectible figures are detailed to look like the characters from Marvel's X-Men comic books. 6-inch scale Marvel figures are fully articulated with poseable head, arms, and legs. Marvel action figure set comes with 4 alternate hand accessories. Hasbro Marvel action figures' 6 inch scale make them great for posing and displaying in fans' collections. Reimagine Marvel comics-inspired scenes on your shelf with Marvel Legends action figures. Copyright 2024 MARVEL. Hasbro and all related terms are trademarks of Hasbro.

On 7/11/2024 at 11:57 AM, leokearon said:

Unfortunately they are the A-Listers which Hasbro know will sell. Also, many of them have a lot of costume variants so at least the figures can be different, and some variants still haven't been done yet (Where are the Slingers?). It is the same in all toylines. Still, Hasbro choices can be baffling, like less known teammates over more established ones. Of course it also makes the Deep-Cuts and more unique figures more rewarding.

True, but they need better balance. This is why I keep saying Hasbro needs to do far better customer research, surveys and polls, to understand what fans want. Too many peg warmers. Too many variants of the same character and many of those end up being peg warmers too.