Black Panther Faces Off Against…Deadpool?!

JayC

Deadpool has gone up against almost everyone in the Marvel Universe…and now, that roster includes the legendary Black Panther in BLACK PANTHER VS. DEADPOOL, a new story from Lockjaw and The Late Show with Stephen Colbert writer Daniel Kibblesmith and artist Ricardo Lopez Ortiz (Hit-Girl, Civil War II: Kingpin).

For a reason he’d rather not disclose (because, well, it makes him look bad!) Deadpool needs a piece of Vibranium…and the only way to get Vibranium is to go through the Black Panther himself! But Deadpool soon learns that his unconventional methods don’t exactly work against the king of the most technologically advanced country on the planet…

“Featuring a brawl you can only get in comics (for now anyway), BLACK PANTHER VS. DEADPOOL is the best of both worlds, equal parts Black Panther/Wakanda and Deadpool/Crazytown,” said Editor Wil Moss. “In bouncing these two characters off each other (and sometimes through each other), Daniel and Ricardo have found some really fascinating insights into what makes them tick as individuals.”

Don’t miss the throw-down of the century when BLACK PANTHER VS. DEADPOOL comes to comic shops this October!

BLACK PANTHER VS. DEADPOOL #1 (of 5)

Written by DANIEL KIBBLESMITH

Art by RICARDO LOPEZ ORTIZ

Cover by RYAN BENJAMIN

On Sale 10/3/18

2018_BlackPantherVSDeadpool.jpg

Thanos appears to be getting the same treatment. Seems like he’s been popping up in almost every comic story that requires a cosmic level adversary. If it continues, the character will start to loose his impact and have to be “retired” for a period of time to rejuvenate interest down the road. It’s a constant cycle.

3 hours ago, Eric the Ultimate X-Man said:

Deadpool is the "IT" person right now, like Punisher, Ghost Rider and Wolverine were back in the 90's... Deadpool is every where and I would imagine he will run his over exposure course in due time.

I have to agree...the one advantage Deadpool has over the others you mention is that his entire characterization for the last decade seems to have been constructed for the purpose of being 'that guy'...he can be anywhere and end up interacting with anyone with little to no real consequence...but it will get old.

Oh snap! Deadpool will be dismembered by Black Panther but fortunately Deadpool will survive through the punishment that The Black Panther inflicts upon him.

I hope in the end they end up coming to a resolution and something good comes from it.

Same here. DP has been oversaturated both  in the comics & toyline IMO. Only need to get the classic 90s version of him & that's it for any DP fig I need. Unless it's Ironman & possibly Wasp, I don't need 10 figs of the same character just for a small variation.  I have Brown costume Wolvy & Ol man Logan & still need to get the new classic tiger stripe version, then I'm done with Wolvy.  DP was originally a straight up assassin/hitman when he 1st came out. Then he was made into a poor man's version of Spiderman with the wise cracking jokes.  Many never done before Marvel characters could have been slotted in the 2 DP waves but instead we get slipper wearing DP & such. They made Sasquatch the BAF in wave 1, why not include a few more AF members in wave 2 such as a new Vindicator/Guardian, Puck, Shaman, NorthStar/Aurora?

3 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

Same here. DP has been oversaturated both  in the comics & toyline IMO. Only need to get the classic 90s version of him & that's it for any DP fig I need. Unless it's Ironman & possibly Wasp, I don't need 10 figs of the same character just for a small variation.  I have Brown costume Wolvy & Ol man Logan & still need to get the new classic tiger stripe version, then I'm done with Wolvy.  DP was originally a straight up assassin/hitman when he 1st came out. Then he was made into a poor man's version of Spiderman with the wise cracking jokes.  Many never done before Marvel characters could have been slotted in the 2 DP waves but instead we get slipper wearing DP & such. They made Sasquatch the BAF in wave 1, why not include a few more AF members in wave 2 such as a new Vindicator/Guardian, Puck, Shaman, NorthStar/Aurora?

Preach! I'm sick and tired of Deadpool popping up everywhere and crossing paths with every superhero just because it's cool for Deadpool to do so.