'Punisher: War Zone' 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack

JayC

'Punisher: War Zone' 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack

Outsiders - July 17, 2018 [ edit post ]
Punisher_War_Zone__scaled_600.jpg

Frank Castle is back when Punisher: War Zone arrives on 4K Ultra HD™ Combo Pack (plus Blu-ray™ and Digital) September 25 from Lionsgate. The film tells the tale of an ex Special Forces instructor arriving in New York to take on a scarred villain. Experience four times the resolution of full HD with 4K along with Dolby Vision HDR, which brings entertainment to life through ultra-vivid picture quality. When compared to a standard picture, Dolby Vision can deliver spectacular colors never before seen on a screen, highlights that are up to 40 times brighter, and blacks that are 10 times darker. The release also features Dolby Atmos® audio mixed specifically for the home to place and move audio anywhere in the room, including overhead. Punisher: War Zone 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack is loaded with special features and will be available for the suggested retail price of $22.99.

OFFICIAL SYNOPSIS
Continuing his crusade to punish violent criminals in America, former FBI agent Frank Castle arrives in New York to take on a scarred villain who plots to take control of the underworld.

CAST
Ray Stevenson
Dominic West
Julie Benz
Colin Salmon
Doug Hutchinson
Dash Mihok
Wayne Knight

4K UHD COMBO PACK SPECIAL FEATURES
• Audio Commentary with Director Lexi Alexander and Director of Photography Steve Gainer
• “The Making of Punisher: War Zone” Featurette
• “Meet Jigsaw” Featurette
• “Weapons of The Punisher” Featurette
• “Training to Become The Punisher” Featurette
• “Creating the Look of the Film” Featurette

PROGRAM INFORMATION
Year of Production: 2007
Title Copyright: MARVEL KNIGHTS, THE PUNISHER and all MARVEL character names and distinctive likenesses thereof: TM & © 2018 Marvel Characters, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Punisher: War Zone © 2008 MHF Zweite Academy Film GmbH & Co. KG. Artwork & Supplementary Materials © 2018 Lions Gate Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Type: Theatrical Release
Rating: R for pervasive strong brutal violence, language and some drug use.
Genre: Action, Thriller
Closed Captioned: N/A
Subtitles: English, Spanish, English SDH
Feature Running Time: 123 Minutes
4K Ultra HD™ Format: Dolby Vision, 2160p Ultra High Definition 16x9 Widescreen 2.35:1 Presentation
Blu-ray Format: 1080p High Definition 16x9 Widescreen 2.35:1 Presentation
4K Audio Status: English Dolby Atmos, French 5.1 Dolby Audio™
Blu-ray Audio Status: English 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio™, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Audio, English 2.0 Dolby Audio Optimized for Late-Night Listening, English Descriptive Audio

Punisher_3D_4K__scaled_600.jpg

For $22.99 this is a steal. I can just imagine how much more gruesome Jigsaw is going to look in this version of the film. I hope this version does it justice.

25 minutes ago, BURNT_TOAST said:

Is this the one where a Dreadlocked goon Jump-Flips into a missle?

Yup, one of my favorite parts of the movie. I actually enjoyed this movie, it was very low budget but that actually helped it looked more gritty. It could have been a whole lot better but to me this is the version that best aligns with how I picture Punisher to be. 

I’ve heard some debate about which was the better Punisher movie, this one or the Thomas Jane one... And, frankly — pun intended — I like ‘em both, for different reasons. I’ve yet to see either the Dolph Lundgren movie, or the Netflix series. So, I’m not in any position to pick a ‘best’ of the bunch. But, I’m happy enough with the DVDs I have of the two aforementioned.

YESSSS Been waiting for this on 4K and really happy to see it support Dolby Vision & Atmos. In my opinion, this is one of the most accurate comic book movies ever made. It had everything, in classic comic form. Gratuitous ultra-violence, cheesy dialogue, hacky acting, seedy NY backdrop, a grizzled Castle who is beaten & cranky, etc. It was literally a Punisher MAX comic book but in movie form. It was ike an 80s movie that was really embellishing the source material and having fun with it and was also, surprisingly, very competently directed (I would like to see her direct more action movies). This movie was not going for awards or accolades, it was going for ripping the character off the books (at least the MAX runs) and throwing him on screen.

I enjoyed the Thomas Jane Punisher for what it was and it was probably a better "movie" than Warzone, but nowhere near as much fun or over-the-top. Bernthal is by far the most "realistic" Punisher and very competently portayed and I loved the series but still, when it comes down to a distilled 2-hour Punisher experience, it doesn't get more Punisher than Punisher War Zone.