2018 SDCC - Marvel's Iron Fist Season Two Release Date & Teaser Trailer

Outsiders

Update: Netflix released the announcement video on YouTube.

Marvel came out swinging on the first day of Comic-Con with Iron Fist's second season release date of September 7th.

A special "hype piece" video that showed the Finn Jones played martial arts master plus Defenders Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, and Daredevil as well as the Punisher.  The video was followed by Marvel's Joseph Loeb coming in martial arts gear boasting about how he has been trained by Mr. Miyagi until series star Jessica Henwick came out to end the whole thing.

Fifteen years after being presumed dead in a plane crash, Danny Rand (Finn Jones) mysteriously returns to New York City determined to reclaim his birthright and family company. However, when a long-destined enemy rises in New York, this living weapon is forced to choose between his family’s legacy and his duties as the Iron Fist.

Marvel's Iron Fist stars Finn Jones, Jessica Henwick, Alice Eve, Sacha Dhawan, Jessica Stroup, Giullian Yao Gioiello, Tom Pelphrey, Scott Martin, Simone Missick

Release: September 7th, 2018 (Netflix)

Source: Deadline

Iron-Fist-Season-02.jpg

Well season one was a little weak. But we got pretty spoiled with Daredevil and the other shows being of very high quality, so we expected much. But now  I believe that as Luke Cage season 2 was better than season one, this show will also improve from now on.  All we can do now is sit and wait because is less than a couple of months away.

I’ve heard nothing about the first season that has left me even remotely curious to delve into it... Not that I’ve yet watched any of the Marvel Netflix series, as I primarily watch anime, these days. But, I’ve heard nothing but poor reviews of this series, above all. And, while I don’t bank my interests on such reviews, it just seems wholly uninspiring.

3 hours ago, sXeblues said:

I’ve heard nothing about the first season that has left me even remotely curious to delve into it... Not that I’ve yet watched any of the Marvel Netflix series, as I primarily watch anime, these days. But, I’ve heard nothing but poor reviews of this series, above all. And, while I don’t bank my interests on such reviews, it just seems wholly uninspiring.

I’ve enjoyed the Marvel Netflix series overall, Daredevil and Punisher were my favorites. That said, I definitely agree with the general consensus and disliked the 1st season of Iron Fist. It was lackluster in comparison to the earlier offerings. I only finished it to keep up with the Netflix storyline for The Defenders.

AHHH YEAH! I cant wait for Iron Fist season 2 to start. Great post! Thank you!

9 hours ago, FASVB said:

Well season one was a little weak. But we got pretty spoiled with Daredevil and the other shows being of very high quality, so we expected much. But now  I believe that as Luke Cage season 2 was better than season one, this show will also improve from now on.  All we can do now is sit and wait because is less than a couple of months away.

Daredevil has really been the only series I've enjoyed, start to finish...the others have been ok...except Iron Fist.

Season 2 is looking good so far. I had no dramas with season 1 whatsoever. It just might be a character development thing. But I do noticed that DareDevil S1 &2 seemed to be well written & executed. Marvel took their time as it was their pilot series (must have a good establishment) and when they set a tight release date for the later series like Defenders / Iron Fist, they didn't have much production time to execute and write in the same quality as Daredevil.

10 hours ago, GojiBill said:

I’ve enjoyed the Marvel Netflix series overall, Daredevil and Punisher were my favorites. That said, I definitely agree with the general consensus and disliked the 1st season of Iron Fist. It was lackluster in comparison to the earlier offerings. I only finished it to keep up with the Netflix storyline for The Defenders.

Good to know, thanks for the insights! :)

IF season 1 was the worst of all the Marvel Netflix shows IMO. DD/Punisher have been the best followed by JJ season 1 as I really didn't enjoy JJ season 2 as much. JJ doesn't exactly have a big list of enemies. Haven't seen Luke Cage season 2 yet but I did enjoy season 1. One thing I don't like is how only DD has been in an actual costume & everyone else is just in civs.  While I  love the MCU for at least making an effort to put every character in costumes, Netflix Marvel seems to go out of it's way to do the same. And why can't they actually use the names of MCU characters when it's obvious they are in the same Marvel universe as they reference the alien invasion & such.  Really hoping we see Danny don the IF costume in season 2.